Thanks Jukin!-EFO's MVP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jukin!-EFO's MVP!!

I went to my mailbox this morning to get the mail and found a big manila envelope. I just opened it up to find The Philadelphia Daily News and the Inquirer Super Bowl Editions inside of it! Now where do you suppose that they came from??? I just got an email from Doctors Without Borders 5 minutes ago and immediately pulled out the credit card to donate. I hope that you're not upset Juk because these papers are probably worth about $10,000 to me but I only sent them 50 bucks.

Juk you are worth a $million to this place and we are so lucky to have you here (even though your football opinions are funnier than your jokes!). Thanks again Bud!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Can’t wait to get mine. I donated $75 to Carson’s AO1 charity.

What is the best way to preserve these?
    My daughter was on the cover of a local paper for gymnastics and I got it laminated but it has still yellowed over time.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      Can’t wait to get mine. I donated $75 to Carson’s AO1 charity.

What is the best way to preserve these?
      My daughter was on the cover of a local paper for gymnastics and I got it laminated but it has still yellowed over time.
      I think you need to get a frame that blocks UV or something. I’ve got to figure out which one to frame. I think the Inky’s is nicer but I grew up reading the daily new during eagles season. 25 cents back then.

Comment

Glad you got it 60. Ross you should get yours early next week but rspurr yours may take a while. I had to include a customs form for yours because you live on the wrong side of the border! Glad I was able to share these with my Eagles brethren. Enjoy them fellas!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Are there any left? This is all starting to sink in!
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Mine also came today! They are in fine condition. I was a bit worried as we are getting rain today and the one corner was wet. I like both of those charities Rspurr and 60 mentioned. I’ll donate to each. It’s been a down time here. Our niece who is 29 just had cancer surgery. We helped her out too. She’s a vet who served in Afghanistan. Don’t know what the final outcome is as surgery was on Thursday. 2 different types of cancer involved. And I forgot to say thank you!
            Last edited by Rossovich; 03-10-2018, 04:56 PM. Reason: Old mind forgets too often.

Comment

Originally posted by rossovich View Post
              mine also came today! They are in fine condition. I was a bit worried as we are getting rain today and the one corner was wet. I like both of those charities rspurr and 60 mentioned. I’ll donate to each. It’s been a down time here. Our niece who is 29 just had cancer surgery. We helped her out too. She’s a vet who served in afghanistan. Don’t know what the final outcome is as surgery was on thursday. 2 different types of cancer involved. And i forgot to say thank you!
              🙏🙏🙏

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                Are there any left? This is all starting to sink in!
                I haven’t seen them in the stores recently but you can probably order a reprint through philly.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  Mine also came today! They are in fine condition. I was a bit worried as we are getting rain today and the one corner was wet. I like both of those charities Rspurr and 60 mentioned. I’ll donate to each. It’s been a down time here. Our niece who is 29 just had cancer surgery. We helped her out too. She’s a vet who served in Afghanistan. Don’t know what the final outcome is as surgery was on Thursday. 2 different types of cancer involved. And I forgot to say thank you!
                  I’m glad you got them and that they are in good shape. More importantly though, I will keep your niece in my prayers. I hate cancer so fucking much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    I’m glad you got them and that they are in good shape. More importantly though, I will keep your niece in my prayers. I hate cancer so fucking much!!!
                    Thanks. And MD thank you. Cancer has been playing hell in all our lives. A hideous disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                      Thanks. And MD thank you. Cancer has been playing hell in all our lives. A hideous disease.
                      Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Ross.

Juk, I got my package yesterday! That was faster than expected.
                      Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to send these my way. I really appreciated it!
                      I'm going to look into maybe framing the Inquirer cover. I know that you can buy the matted frames on their website but they don't deliver to Canada. I'll figure something out.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Thanks Rspurr. My wife has framed both papers. Putting them in our den. Love it!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Ross.

Juk, I got my package yesterday! That was faster than expected.
                          Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to send these my way. I really appreciated it!
                          I'm going to look into maybe framing the Inquirer cover. I know that you can buy the matted frames on their website but they don't deliver to Canada. I'll figure something out.
                          spurr, do you have a link for those frames?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            spurr, do you have a link for those frames?
                            It took me a while but I finally found it. I had forgotten where I saw it but it was on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Philadelphia-.../dp/B079SZDM9R

Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

It took me a while but I finally found it. I had forgotten where I saw it but it was on Amazon:

Thanks Bud! Going to order a couple now!

Comment

Working...
                              X