No announcement yet.

Damn Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just shaking my head. Still I ask who is the media?? How can FOX not be considered a BIG player in the media. The Sinclair group may own more TV stations than any other single group in the country. I will admit I don't know that for certain but I know they are big players that are way under the radar. I would submit the same for newspapers in the country. While there are certainly far left there are just as many if not more far right papers in the country; just not the big city ones.
    aw I wholeheartedly believe politicians have a terrible time with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Everyone one of them all the way back. However, for anyone to say Trump has not taken that to levels never thought of isn't credible. Years before ever thinking of running for president Trump was on Howard Stern and was asked about the media and how he handled the publicity. Now this was mostly the paparazzi and the New York media that covered newsmakers not the network news one thinks of when thinking about news. He said, this was years ago, that the way to deal with them is to attack them first. To go after them and discredit them. That is his mantra. Attack, fight, bully.
    We won't agree. I can live with that. But the man is a pos. Not necessarily his policies. The man.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      just shaking my head. Still I ask who is the media?? How can FOX not be considered a BIG player in the media. The Sinclair group may own more TV stations than any other single group in the country. I will admit I don't know that for certain but I know they are big players that are way under the radar. I would submit the same for newspapers in the country. While there are certainly far left there are just as many if not more far right papers in the country; just not the big city ones.
      aw I wholeheartedly believe politicians have a terrible time with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Everyone one of them all the way back. However, for anyone to say Trump has not taken that to levels never thought of isn't credible. Years before ever thinking of running for president Trump was on Howard Stern and was asked about the media and how he handled the publicity. Now this was mostly the paparazzi and the New York media that covered newsmakers not the network news one thinks of when thinking about news. He said, this was years ago, that the way to deal with them is to attack them first. To go after them and discredit them. That is his mantra. Attack, fight, bully.
      We won't agree. I can live with that. But the man is a pos. Not necessarily his policies. The man.

I think we all are in agreement there ND. His wife is outrageously beautiful though!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Good thing people are calling every day wanting to work in the administration and that people are lining up to work in the administration because if you listen to the damn media the third person has told Trump they are not interested in being chief of staff.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Well good thing for the country he got a chief of staff. Of course the damn media wants us to think they don't get along.....
          "I'm doing so as enthusiastically as I can, given the fact that I think he's a terrible human being"
          This could be the funniest thing ever heard if it wasn't the President of the United States being discussed. Maybe it is the saddest.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Well good thing for the country he got a chief of staff. Of course the damn media wants us to think they don't get along.....
            "I'm doing so as enthusiastically as I can, given the fact that I think he's a terrible human being"
            This could be the funniest thing ever heard if it wasn't the President of the United States being discussed. Maybe it is the saddest.

I understand that Mulvaney reluctantly accepted the position only after these 2 top notch guys both declined.....

Comment

Man the media has turned everyone against him. His people are quitting, the market and economy are believing the media, the Mexicans aren't going to pay for the wall because of the media and now they would have you believe we are going to invest 10 bil in them instead of them paying for the wall. Maybe they can get a go fund me account to pay for the government in addition to the wall.
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Yup, he's sure losing a ton of credibility this week although Mexico is paying for the wall with economic changes with us. As for the Syrian situation I have no idea what to think there. I love how the rest of the UN doesn't agree with the withdrawal put don't any troops there. It's supposed to be our guys asses all of the time.

For the life of me I don't know why everybody isn't for the border wall though. Trump sure does know how to put his foot in his mouth with another beauty of being proud to shut the government down. If the stock market goes down any further I might have to go back to work. The media having a field day with this stuff doesn't help matters either.The Fed fucking up aren't helping things out at all. The new Fed chairman is an asshole.

Comment

Well 60 you know we won't agree. Mexico isn't paying for crap. And we are going to send them a giant aid package to help keep migrants from heading this way. Probably an idea that should have been pursued long ago. Instead of just sending aid to feed people send it in order to build their ability to employ people so they don't come here. As a guy who spent 26 years involved with walls and fences I will say there is good reason to not build an overpriced wall. A wall that isn't guarded is a hedge, it is a speed bump, it is worthless. If you aren't putting people there you aren't doing anything. ND has more border crossings than any state in the country. If walls were needed to protect borders we need to be building one in the north. Up until 20 years or so ago there were houses at each border station and the customs/immigration people lived there. The brainchild congress decided it was CHEAPER to give these people a housing stipend and get rid of the houses. Now people live miles from the border. Hell, they had to travel 90 miles from the outpost to a border patrol station when that girl died. Ummm, why in the hell is the border patrol station 90 miles from the border. I could go on for hours about what people in the US don't know and aren't told.
                  I really have little issue with leaving Syria as I believe we have far too many people deployed all over this world. But the Bush administration set that date for leaving Iraq. It was done AFTER having free elections held in Iraq which was one of the stipulations. And when the US (Obama administration) looked into staying the Iraqi government would not sign a status of forces agreement. That agreement is the binding law that protects troops while in another country. We have one with every country we have troops in. Yet Obama got absolutely spanked for leaving Iraq--Trump especially did so. One can't compare that deliberative move with leaving Syria on a gut feel.
                  The Fed chair might be an asshole but he was appointed by Trump. Actually the Fed raising rates is a delicate thing that really takes a nerd to keep up with. However, one driver for the raise is to control inflation. Prices are going up. You're getting a social security raise this year that is bigger than any you have had recently. That is because of the rise in the consumer price index. It isn't because the Trump administration likes senior citizens. I won't claim to be an expert but he claimed to be the driver in the market rising so he has to own some of this downfall.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

$5 Billion is a pisshole in the snow ND and it is a deterrent. It can be patrolled. This is just more political bullshit and I'm fed up with it. You can take Trump, Shumer and Pelosi and flush the 3 of them down the friekin toilette and the country would be a lot better off IMO (BTW I'm sure the 3 of them have a wall around their houses lol-why?). I cringe everytime that I hear any of them utter a word. Personally I would just put two 6 foot fences up 50 yards apart and patrol them with drones and blow up anything bigger than an armadillo that's between them. There's a right and wrong way to enter either country. If you're in there tough crap.

And if that jerk Trump wants to fire somebody let him fire Jerome Powell. The little inflation that is happening is nothing. Raising rates is the quickest way to kill the economy. These are different times and this guy just doesn't get it. The world economy is slowing down and he is blind to it. He wants at least two more hikes next year. This crash and burn is going to be worse than the last one with this jerk running things.

Comment

The Syrian and eventual Afghani withdraw are interesting and nobody really knows what’s going to happen it’s all just speculation. I think it’s shocking that militarily he is now to the Left of career politicians like Biden and Clinton. And I get it, people will say he is doing this to aid Russia and Turkey. Ok... that’s fine. I’m so tired of the Russia crap. For everything he does that benefits Putin he does something that doesn’t. Literally all of DC outside of Rand Paul wants him out because he is so disruptive and I have to admit I like the disruption. It’s exposing people on both sides for what they are.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Here's a picture of Nancy Pelosi's house

Gee, why is there a wall around it? The ocean isn't bad either.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...-pelosis-home/

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          $5 Billion is a pisshole in the snow ND and it is a deterrent. It can be patrolled. This is just more political bullshit and I'm fed up with it. You can take Trump, Shumer and Pelosi and flush the 3 of them down the friekin toilette and the country would be a lot better off IMO (BTW I'm sure the 3 of them have a wall around their houses lol-why?). I cringe everytime that I hear any of them utter a word. Personally I would just put two 6 foot fences up 50 yards apart and patrol them with drones and blow up anything bigger than an armadillo that's between them. There's a right and wrong way to enter either country. If you're in there tough crap.

Popper,

I know you to be a good and decent man so I'm going to assume you're being facetious with that remark. As a field medic I've seen real people that were "blown up"...both guys on our side and people that we regarded as the enemy. It's a memory I can't shake and one that I could do without. And I can tell you quite sincerely and with respect that I don't believe anyone who has actually seen another human after they have been "blown up" would offer such a cavalier and simplistic solution to a complex problem.

And as far as the slugs in DC who would benefit the country by being flushed down the toilet, I can't help but notice that you don't include either Mitch McConnell of the spineless wimp Paul Ryan who, respectively, have lead majority control of the Senate and House for the past 2 years under a Republican president while Pelosi and Shumer have been essentially powerless.

Finally, as to "the wall" and 1) your shocked disbelief that not "everyone is for it" and 2) the baseless fantasy that some relatively modest tweaking of our trade relationship with Mexico will increase tax revenue enough to pay for "the wall". (It is, after all, ONLY tax revenue that will pay for the wall and not some hoped for improvement in the trade deficit with Mexico wherein trade surpluses will provide revenue primarily to the businesses doing the trading and only very indirectly to Federal coffers, especially after the massive reductions in corporate tax rates.)

With respect to the lack of broad support for "The Wall", the comments from Mick Mulvaney, made well before he was named Trump's next Chief of Staff by default, are particularly informative:

https://nypost.com/2018/12/21/mick-m...d-border-wall/

“The fence doesn’t solve the problem. Is it necessary to have one, sure? Would it help? Sure. But to just say build the darn fence and have that be the end of an immigration discussion is absurd and almost childish for someone running for president to take that simplistic of [a] view,”

Comment

TP I agree the wall doesn’t solve it but $5 billion is nothing and they have voted for much more than that in the past. I wish they could all just work together. No side has a monopoly on good ideas. They got together and did criminal justice reform and they worked together. And say what you will but Mexico is giving ground specific to the border they haven’t given in years. It’s not paying for it but keeping asylum seekers on their side of the border is a step I’ve not seen them take before.

We have to STOP looking at the person and start looking at the solution or legislation, action IMO. Liz Warren’s idea for gov to make drugs is actually not a horrible idea. And I can’t stand that woman.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

There they go again. Damn media shows video of testimony before congress by the intel community. Then shows video of presidential tweet saying intel people are naïve and should go back to school. Now we have the real story. The intel people say they are misquoted and their comments are taken out of context. While president says everyone is on the same page. Gotta be photo shop. Amazing.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

The "Fake Media" has become very skillful in doctoring video tapes and making Dan Coats (DNI), Gina Haspel (CIA), Christopher Wray (FBI) et al appear to directly disagree with Trump in open Senate testimony on a number of issues related to global threats to the US.

Thank God our extremely well informed president (who loves to keep abreast of detailed intelligence reports when he's too not busy watching TV) brought the real alternative facts to the public's attention. Although we have not heard any of the 5 Intelligence Heads (All Trump appointees) correct/withdraw/modify what they appear to have said in their public Senate testimony, the president assures us that they've told him they were "totally misquoted" and that, in fact, all 5 really are in agreement with him and, therefore, won't have to go back to school after all. And we all know his word is his bond.

These presidential high jinks would all be great fun if it were a reality TV show.
                                Last edited by tinopuno; 02-01-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X