• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cup

Get ready to parade with the cup--ND coming to influence the Flyers
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Glad to hear you like Hak, NoDak. It sounds as though some of the fans out there were tiring of him OR didn't think he could win the big game. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Yea, he was in the playoffs 11 years and never brought home the championship. They surely had the program---money, facilities, fan base, players, etc. but no championship during his time. Now, I will be the first to admit it is tough playing those teams from the east but that is something you have to get over. There is also the one and done mentality. Like football all you can do is get yourself in the playoffs and work from there. But again that is the rule and you have to get over that.
      There is also talk here (not sure if it got out anywhere else) that he may have been on the hot seat because his father in law left the university this year. He had a lot of sway--some say he was the #2 power guy running the university and he may have covered the fact that they didn't bring home a championship but I am not sure if I buy that.
      I believe Hakstol is a high end college coach and gets results from his players. And I believe when you get to the playoffs you face nothing but high end teams in a win or lose game. I am not sure he will be able to get pro players to buy into his program. But if they do then just like Chip and his program I think the Flyers will be contending. I think he is going to have to do it with young players (they buy in more easily) and a few vets who see what he is trying to do. (and goaltending--never win anything without goal tending)
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...l?nlid=8539761

For those who may not have seen the above article. It may be fluff but it gives some insight into him. And there is a neat little video of the Ralph. It is a fine facility; I've been to a number of games but have never had the opportunity to go to the non public area.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

The 'Ralph' is really some facility!

Comment

Working...
          X