Andy Gave Up Playcalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Gave Up Playcalling

He said in his PC that it was Marty doing the playcalling today and he will probably continue to do so.

OMG

Are Philly fans actually going to give Reid credit for making a change as fundamental as that?
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Marty has been doing it just like Childress did it last year....it seems Andy and the OC do the gameplan and scripted plays during the week and then consult during the game....Marty has, according to McNabb, always been the guy talking to him thru the headset...

But, in answer to your question of whether Reid will get any credit for again showing flexibility and giving up control, I would say no...he will still be labeled as stubborn or changing too slow or whatever else....
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Looks like a positive change basedon one game. Now Big Red can focus more on the HC aspects of life as a multitasking Eagles HC-GM-OC. More power to Marty & Donovan. This plus some more stingy D is the way forward to the playoffs.

Comment

Did I read also that Donnie had more say as well? I sure loved that final drive in the mud. That was a classic. Nice to be on the good side of one of them.

Comment

McNabb has always been able to audible if he sees something, but recently he is also calling all the plays in the no-huddle offense....

Again, this has been happening for MORE than one game....Childress did this alot last year and Marty has done it before this season...Reid just was asked the right question and decided to disclose it this week to the media...

I think the last time we had a long drive like that was the SF and GB game this year...
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Kudo's to Reid. I hope this make it easier to manage the game. No more silly time outs being burned. Time management should not be a concern now. Andy can be a coach, manage all aspects of the game. Instead of worry about what his next offensive play call is going to be. I really give Reid credit for this. He did something I thought he would never do

McNabb did get his play calls from Marty before. The play was called by Andy Relayed to Marty who would then give it to McNabb. By taking Andy out of the loop this should help get plays in faster. Also giving McNabb the authority to call a play when the clock is running down and in the no huddle I also believe is a good thing
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Well whoever was in charge of that 2 minute drill at the end of the first half did another pathetic job!!!! How can you not have 2 plays called in the huddle?? Have they ever done that?? Wastse 25 seconds and spike the ball the ball and loose a down when you still have a TO left! Pathetic.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

One thing about this, you bet your ass Reid wouldn't have mentioned anything if we lost. He'd take the responsibility and cover Marty's ass...
                  "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

agreed Eagle60. They are one of the worst hurry up offenses in the league. You would figure by now that they would be better

Comment

I think those calling for Marty's head and the whole black cloud thing should give kudos to Marty for him game plan yesterday.

Comment

it's about freaking time.
                        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

We noticed, during the game, that the play calls were getting in quicker, and that McNabb was calling a lot of audibles. We heard that Reid had done it from SalPal.

I am very encouraged by this, and I think it bodes well. The Eagles played the kind of game yesterday that we've been wanting them to play. They ran the ball pretty well. They actually won the TOP yesterday. It was close but they won it. The difference in the game was the big plays. This offense has shown the ability to hit these big plays all season. It's been controlling the flow of the game, and TOP that has been the issue.

I've never thought Reid was a good playcaller anyways. I love Big Red, but play calling is not his forte'. And, I like McNabb checking off at the LOS.

Marty seemed to call the kind of game that we've all been wanting. There was a play where they just pounded it into the gut in the second half, and someone said, "I hate when they just do that, it never works." I pointed out that the clock was just tick..tick..ticking away. Nice. He took some shots deep, passed, and ran the football. I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that this was the first non ROLAIDS game we've had this year.

Comment

One point to add to our new running game efforts:

31st ranked run defense in the league? Tennessee

32nd ranked run defense in the league? Indianapolis

It's a nice time for us to revisit the running game.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                              One point to add to our new running game efforts:

31st ranked run defense in the league? Tennessee

32nd ranked run defense in the league? Indianapolis

It's a nice time for us to revisit the running game.
                              Great point, Steviemac. I would love to see the Birds truly incorporate the running game actively the balance of the season...

Comment

Working...
                              X