Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're the sixers, do you make a trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're the sixers, do you make a trade?

I say Yes:

and the guy I want is Ray Allen. He would fit in perfectly.

I have no idea who would go - Turner/Lou/Thad?

Ray Allen is a fantastic idea. We're not gonna win a ring this year but Ray Allen would be the type of cold blooded shooter you need at the end of games.

Can we give up Igoudala? Ray's contract has got to be expiring soon right? I don't know if the new CBA is still super silly with trades but I would love to ditch Iggy's contract and get a veteran in here who can teach the kids how to shoot. Maybe get another young defensive guy in the deal.

Comment

If I heard correctly, Allen and Garnett expire at the end of the yr and Pierce in two years. Thats what made me think of Allen.

Comment

There are rumors swirling about Amare Stoudamire. Good god no! The contract sucks and he's half the player he used to be (singing STP in my head now). Ray Allen would be a nice pickup if the Celts keep fading but I can't see the Celtics giving him up for one last try with this trio.

Comment

the only big contract we should take on is Dwight Howard.

What do you think, 25 rebounds tonight for Dwight?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            the only big contract we should take on is Dwight Howard.

What do you think, 25 rebounds tonight for Dwight?
            We would have to give up so much for Howard that I'm not sure what is left would be worthy of complimenting Howard (i.e. what they now have in Orlando). I think the best hope is that we are able to amnesty Brand's contract after this season and swing for the fences by signing Howard with our now deep pocketed ownership.

Comment

Yeah, I don't mean necessarily this year.

I really like Brand (works hard, doesn't complain, doesn't say stupid shit) but his contract needs to be bought out/amnesty ruled. Can you bring back someone after you use that clause on them for a much lower amount?

I would also love to get out of Igoudala's contract but even if we don't, I'd like for someone to sit with Doug and say "it's ok that he's making 80 mil, you don't have to give him the last shot of the game. it's not your fault. it's not your fault, doug. it's not your fault." (Collins starts crying in relief.)

Comment

Why do you want to get out of Iguodala's contract?

IMO, Iggy gets too much stick in this town. His contract is really not over the top. He is not a No. 1 star and his shot selection can be confounding at times, but he brings a lot of game to the table. Most importantly, he is a true shutdown wing defender who battles the Kobe Bryants and Carmelo Anthonys and Kevin Durants of the world, often to a draw.

He gives the Sixers the defensive identity, especially on the perimeter, that they currently enjoy.

I would never trade him for Ray Allen. I am on board with getting a shooter.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I don't really care about Igoudala's contract. I'm not mad at him for signing a contract dumbass Stefanski overpaid for.

My problem with Igoudala is that because he's got the big contract, he and Collins both think he should get the ball in critical situations down the stretch. Igoudala isn't a killer. He shouldn't be the one with the ball in his hands. He might be the finisher, but he often acts like the point-forward in end game situations. It's horrendous watching him bring the ball up down 1 or 2 with 20 seconds left. It's a waste of time.

In my history of watching Igoudala, he's missed so much more than he's made in last second situations. He beat the Lakers on a tremendous 3. Based on that, he thinks he's Jordan with the game on the line.

It's not his contract that annoys me. It's the role he gets put or puts himself into because of that contract. So you solve two problems if you get rid of his contract: you get money to get a real star worthy of 80M, and you don't have someone who needs the ball at the end of the game but doesn't deliver. You tell me you couldn't get a Bruce Bowen type at half of what they pay Igoudala?

Comment

I hear you Vin. I will say though that Iggy took over the game against the Bulls the other night. He owned that 3rd quarter and gave the club some moxie. Would you be OK with him as long as he doesn't get the last second shot? He doesn't appear to be overplaying his hand with overall shots. Everyone seems to be playing nice in the sand box.

Comment

I'm enjoying what this team is bringing to the table on a nightly basis,Iggy is playing his ass off defensively and can spark the O on occasion.He does take some questionable shots,but most everyone on the team other than Brand takes the occasional bad shot. Right now I sometimes question the passes that they make when they seem to have a good shot. Sharing is nice ,but they've lost a # of possessions trying to make the xtra pass.
                      I kinda hope they play the season out and then look to free agency,the big gun they are gonna need is gonna cost too many pieces via trade.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If Igoudala could learn to be Bruce Bowen who was the defensive stopper and occasionally take a killer 3 (killer dunk in AI2's case), that would be fine. I just hate that anyone on the sixers thinks he's the go to guy.

Speaking of killer 3s, that's Ray Allen's job. No way we get him though.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          I don't really care about Igoudala's contract. I'm not mad at him for signing a contract dumbass Stefanski overpaid for.

My problem with Igoudala is that because he's got the big contract, he and Collins both think he should get the ball in critical situations down the stretch. Igoudala isn't a killer. He shouldn't be the one with the ball in his hands. He might be the finisher, but he often acts like the point-forward in end game situations. It's horrendous watching him bring the ball up down 1 or 2 with 20 seconds left. It's a waste of time.

In my history of watching Igoudala, he's missed so much more than he's made in last second situations. He beat the Lakers on a tremendous 3. Based on that, he thinks he's Jordan with the game on the line.

It's not his contract that annoys me. It's the role he gets put or puts himself into because of that contract. So you solve two problems if you get rid of his contract: you get money to get a real star worthy of 80M, and you don't have someone who needs the ball at the end of the game but doesn't deliver. You tell me you couldn't get a Bruce Bowen type at half of what they pay Igoudala?

I agree that in the past he has tried to act like the No. 1 guy and taken lots of bad shots in key situations.

But I really don't see him doing that as much this year. If anything, Lou Williams seems to be turning into the go-to guy at the end of the game.

I can't fault Iggy for trying to be that guy the last few years. It's the biggest issue the team has -- who will take the big shots at the end of the game? It's not AI's strength, but I can't fault him for wanting to take that burden on.
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I can. Cause he sucks at it. I would guess his % on last possession shots is about 20% or less. It's really on Doug to draw it up for someone who might actually get better at being the last second guy.

Comment

I know it won't happen, but I wouldnt mind Lamar Odom. He would cause matchup problems and does have offensive game.

The only thing I learned was they can't match up with the Heat.

Comment

Working...
                              X