The Philaphans Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Philaphans Thread

Ok Everyone, I have been largely ignoring the talk about Philaphans because I didn't want it to turn into an us vs them attitude. And while it still shouldn't, I realize the need for the "exiles" to talk about that once great board. We're like jilted lovers.

In any case, here is a thread to talk about what happened to that board and whatever else about PhilaPhans you want. Let's keep the Eagles talk free of PhilaPhans stuff.

Thanks everyone.

FRESH Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:21 pm Post subject: This is where we came from??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is an excerpt from the (Where did everybody go) Thread from Philaphans....that has since been deleted. Thought you might get a yuck out of it....and maybe feel better about your decision.

Originally posted by stocknowledge
    - You can deny it all you want, but many good posters have left this site. I'm sure the website hit tally will bear this out. And it is not just a seasonal thing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CROW - Oh well, **** happens

enjoy your time in your new home people.

Stock - This is not a good attitude to have. If you are running a business, you just don't dismiss customers from going to a competitor. You ask why those customers are leaving and you change to bring them back.

CROW - This isn't a business, it's a sports forum and I don't see a need to kiss people's asses to make them post here.

Sorry but it is not going to happen. If you have to kiss ass to keep someone, they are not people worth having. I'll take the people who are loyal and dedicated on their own without the soft soaping.

Buff - Then again why would you keep people around who stand in front of your business and say "That place serves rancid food"

You don't need to kiss ass, but you have to take out the garbage sometimes...

CROW - Seems to me it's leaving on it's own

VFK - In all due respect, Barry, many of us gave alot of time, support and energy to this place for years....to be referred to as "garbage" among other insults recently is frankly very sad to see and not something I expected...

Stock - Goodbye!!!!!!!!

CROW - and many others are here and continuing to give, time, energy, and support to this place, not running off to other places and crying or whining about everything.

FRESH - Garbage here,

Can't speak for anyone else, of course, and I hold no grudges, but I moved on because I wanted something, something I HAD here, that no longer exists. Not because I want to hurt someone, or dump on anyone, or feel superior to anyone else. Is my new home going to be that place that I am looking for? Maybe. I hope so.

It's not the board, it's the people that congregate there, and whether they are happy, enjoying themselves, free to post without being attacked and insulted. In short, a friendly place. Where my buddies are. That's where I want to be. If it's SportsColumn, or here, or wherever, that's where you'll find me.

Peace.

CROW - Then go and do it

and stop whining and bitching about it over here.

Comment

They started an entire thread on the Flyersphans Eagles board (???) just to diss VFK. Now that ain't right.

Comment

YourPalChrisMal Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:15 pm Post subject: The "Where did everyone go?" thread was deleted...

...from the PhilaFans site by Crow. And I was right in the middle of giving a heartfelt explanation, and it wouldn't let me post because as I was typing he deleted the thread. Oh well.

MDFAN Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:19 pm Post subject:

Deleted or moved?

YourPalChrisMal Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:21 pm Post subject:

MDFAN wrote:
        Deleted or moved?

Deleted as far as I could tell. I think if it was just moved, I would've been able to submit my post. And there also would've been signs of it in the Eagles forum with the little "Moved =>" thingie in front of it but there's not. Just checked the off-topic forums...didn't see it there either. It's gone.

sfphillyfan Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:23 pm Post subject:

Please take it to the PhilaPhans thread.

thanks

MDFAN Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:23 pm Post subject:

FRESH Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:26 pm Post subject:

I copied an pasted a bunch of it to a new thread....for posterity.

And sorry Vin, but I'm not going to feel bad about doing it. You don't f@#$ing blow me off, and the effort I put into that place the way CROW did, without getting a LITTLE bit of blowoff back from me.

sfphillyfan Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:27 pm Post subject:

Oh I don't mind. I'd just like to keep our lamenting about PP to one thread so this doesn't become the PP bitch fest forum, you know?

Comment

It was me, not Crow, who moved my Where is Everybody thread. I left a message stating that I had moved it, because I was sick of people nitpicking at not only PhilaPhans, but I didn't care for the shots at posters who had left. (Sorry MDFan, I had just PMed you this since the other thread was locked.)

I also stated that VfK didn't just leave because of GMan in the Flyers thread.

Comment

I moved a few of th eoff shoot threads here.. hope no one takes offense but VIN is right we don't need 42 bitching threads--

Just one will do!

Comment

I think it is better to let it go and just move on....good post over there Scream

That post was my first there in several weeks since I left....I only did it since seeing another insult was hard to take...but we need to move on and make this home...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Hey SCREAM, how ya doin, bud?

You do the best you can, I know, and I wish you the best of luck. But CROW has lost his damned mind, I don't tknow what has gotten into him. I know that I don't deserve to just be dismissed the way that I have been, and I'm talking about even before I left/quit. He left us ALL hanging in the breeze.

CROW thinks that he doesn't need this group of people. That's fine, because I DO!
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

All I can say is that it is good to be talking Eagles football with the peeps again. I was kinda in the middle with what went on over there, and I honestly hate to see what happened.

The analogy I came up with fits perfectly. Anyone who's read Bringing The Heat will understand this. Jeff Lamana was Jerome Brown, and the posters over there were the Buddy Ryan Eagles. A great group of players, but disfuntional as hell. When Jeff died, everything splintered, just like the Eagles. I swear it fits.

But, what it all boils down to is mutual respect between posters, and clearly, that did not exist there. Lord knows I don't agree with this front office a lot of times, and have banged heads with those of you that have a differing viewpoint on numerous occasions. But, I still respect you guys, value your opinions, and try to keep things civil, even when I get frustrated as heck, PEDRO...LOL

It's all about respecting one another as men, and as Eagles fans. I think that can exist here, and we can really get into discussing the team, which is why we are here in the first place.

Comment

Good, FRESH. As you know, I'm not leaving and will work to improve the other site, but I have way too many friends on here to not dual post.

I understand why everyone here moved, but I do have power now to fix things over there to my liking and will do my best to try to regain the site some trust from people.

Again, I moved the thread (to mod forum) because I didn't like how the thread had deteriorated after I got my original answers. It was me, not Crow.

Comment

Amen EB....well said
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Terrific post EB, well said.

And SCREAM, you're welcome here any time.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I think it's been made very clear to all-at least we have attempted to do so - if not I'll paraphrase again....and again and again.........

This board will be what we wanted when we left PDC, it will be the board that Jeff Lamama wanted us to have, his dream, his promise to us when he convinced us to move over there in the first place.

There will be civility, there will be community, there will be friendship, there will be disagreements and arguments--- but there will not be name calling and the goal is not to see who can be the most sarcastic poster at another posters expense.

EB used one of the key words ---- Respect!

This is an Eagles board to talk Eagles football and have a open and frank exchange of ideas---- both optimistic and pessimistic--- but always with respect. Extremes will not be the norm, in either direction.

Personally, I don't think we need to respond to the PP's "talk", we made our bed, we will make this work.

If a few want to talk crap, let them!

Personally I will take the high road.

I have chosen to be here, I have committed myself and my energy and my time to this place... personally I'm only looking forward.

I hope you'll all join me!

Comment

Blah, blah, blah,......................

Comment

Fresh, my wife manages a curves for women franchise, and one of the members' names is Bobbi Taylor.

I call her #21.

Comment

Working...
                              X