The Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Regular Season Thread

After a season beginning sweep of the Braves, Phillies-mania is in full swing. Let's start this general thread for ongoing comments as we celebrate and spew venom about the roller coaster that is a 162 game marathon. You couldn't ask for a better start with 3 wins, a potent lineup that is going to wear down pitching staffs and Harper has 2 HRs already. Let's keep this ball rolling and steamroll the Nats next.

Cutch is leading this thing for them. I would like to know how many pitches he has seen. I don’t know if he had an AB with less than 4 pitches
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That was a real nice way to open the season. I thought Arrieta looked good last night. He got into some trouble a couple of times, which could be linked to the weather, but his ball had real nice movement on it. Had to love it when he fouled off ten pitches or so and the crowd was on their feet.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

That extended at bat by Arrieta was awesome. He said the ball felt like a cue ball and he didn't have the handle he normally has. It was encouraging he grinded it out. The real test will be the next two starts now with our other starters (Eflin and VV). I haven't read whether they'll skip Velasquez and keep Nola on a more normal rest which will actually be extra rest when pitching on day 6.

Comment

Looks like Nola is pitching on Wednesday. Good!

Comment

20 walks in 3 games, damn !!
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yes, I am also impressed with the lineup--- guys getting on base and keeping the pressure on the pitchers.

I hope they do not start to "depend" on the 3 run homer... I saw Balto do this and crap the bed in end.

Very much reenergized by this club this year.

Comment

This team is really fun to watch

Comment

Last night was a dream scenario. Beating Scherzer and the Nats on Harper's homecoming was great. Harper has a huge night with a Citizens Bank Park South atmosphere compounded by those fans being the last fans standing at the end of the night. Beautiful!

Comment

For me anyway, it is real nice to be putting Atl and Wash on notice that there is a new boss in town.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Wow, today soooooo disappointing. Fought all day, get a late lead, then throw the game away, and Robertson’s 9th was just unwatchable. This is one of those games that they will really feel bad about in Sept.

Comment

Could not agree more Bob.
                        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Everyone who sat in the stadium through nine innings should get a ticket to an August afternoon game. Jees that was kind of ugly weather to watch a game. Also kind of an ugly game to have to have played
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

A W makes it worth it...... not like today’s let down n nice weather.

Comment

Yep. Looked like they were still asleep all day to me
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X