>>> 2009 Season Long Contest Playoff Week 2 (Question #61-64)<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> 2009 Season Long Contest Playoff Week 2 (Question #61-64)<<<

Ooops, almost forgot I had to post these. Thanks to eagles2000, fly, balto for their suggestions. (i.e. blame them.) Current Standings.

#61 Pick all the winners this week
    (3 pts for each correct. Bonus 8 pts for getting all 4)
    Saints / Colts / Vikings / Jets

#62 Which QB will have the most yards? Worth 5 pts.
    Rivers

#63 Which defense will give up the least YARDS this weekend? 5 pts
    Vikings = 248 yards

#64 Who will have more rushing yards this week? 5 pts
    A) Adrian Peterson
    B) Ray Rice

Bonus: The over under for the Saints/Cards game is 58. The 3 people (or more if there's a tie) who guess closest to the total points in this game will each get 5 pts. (This isn't the Price is Right, it doesn't matter if you go over.)

Answer is 59 pts. Three closest were: Jukin (58 ), eagles2000 (60), sfphillyfan and 12dickau (62)
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 01-19-2010, 05:07 PM.

61. Ravens over Colts. Manning's great, but his one-and-done history + the Ravens defense = early exit
    Chargers over Jets
    Cardinals over Saints. Kurt Warner, Fitz and Boldin + NO's depleted secondary = bye bye Sean Payton
    Vikings over Cowgirls. Dallas has won four in a row, but three of those wins were against New Orleans and Eagles teams that, honestly and for a bunch of different reasons, were very ripe to lose. And the fourth was an exhibition game against Washington. Minnesota is flawed, but they've got a bye week, and they'll be a lot better prepared than we were. Dallas is seriously good, but Minnesota's got talent too.

62. QB with most yards Kurt Warner.

63. Which defense will give up the least yards? Chargers.

64. Who will have the most rushing yards? Adrian Peterson.

Bonus: 50 points in the Saints/Cards game. But I'm thinking that it'll become more one-sided than a shootout like last week's Cardinals-Packers game.
    Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Colts over Ravens
      Chargers over Jets
      Cardinals over Saints.
      Vikings over the scum sucking, worthless sack of shit, father rapers and their face stretched, zombie looking, hillbilly owner.

Warner

Chargers

Adrian Peterson

Bonus: The over under for the Saints/Cards game is 58. The 3 people (or more if there's a tie) who guess closest to the total points in this game will each get 5 pts. (This isn't the Price is Right, it doesn't matter if you go over.)

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        weak, jukin, weak!

The ole "i'll agree with vegas" pick! BOOOOOOO-urns.

Comment

Balto I shouldn't mention this since you are still leading the contest, but you may want to change your answer to 63 as the question is which defense will give up the least yeards (not most)

Comment

That's sporting of you, eagles2000. But balto should be penalized for lack of reading comprehension! ( And for changing my question.)

Comment

Yikes! Well Vin, feel free to not count my answer, but I updated my post.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                Yikes! Well Vin, feel free to not count my answer, but I updated my post.
                nah, i was kidding. all edits are allowed up until first kickoff.

e2000 is a better man than I am. I'd have let you screw up.

Now watch the Saints give up the least yards this weekend.

Comment

Indy, San Diego, Dallas, New Orleans

Brees

San Diego

A) Adrian Peterson

Bonus: The over under for the Saints/Cards game is 58. The 3 people (or more if there's a tie) who guess closest to the total points in this game will each get 5 pts. (This isn't the Price is Right, it doesn't matter if you go over.) 64

Comment

#61 New Orleans- Brees goes apeshit
                    Indy-Flacco has a tough game the screaming Indy idiots too loud and he falters
                    Minnesota- Romo runs out of bounds early in the first QT ,collides with Favre and both blow out their knees,T. Jackson pulls out the win.
                    Chargers- The end of Ryans run
                    #62 Brees
                    #63 Chargers -defense makes Jets O one dimentional
                    #64 Peterson
                    Bonus 48-38(86) Warner can't be that good 2 games in a row and Brees won't be stopped

Looks like I'm out of the running for the pink LJ jersey.I have a scarecrow in my garden rapped in bandages that would have looked good in that jersey
                    Last edited by musicman; 01-15-2010, 08:52 PM.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

61 All home teams: Indy, San Diego, Minny, New Orleans
                      62 Brees
                      63 Colts
                      64 Rice
                      Bonus 60
                      Changed my answer tothe bonus question. There are too many people that thought like I did, so I like my chances better with 61, than if I stuck with my original 70, although I still think that is the more likely score.
                      Last edited by eagles2000; 01-16-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

61 Indy, San Diego, Minny, New Orleans
                        62 Manning
                        63 Chargers
                        64 Peterson

Bonus ---- 72

Comment

61. Arizona, Indy, Dallas, San Diego
                          62. Brees
                          63. Colts
                          64. Peterson

BONUS: $1!!!! Just kidding, I'll go with Cards 41, Saints 28. What is that? 69
                          Last edited by rspurr; 01-16-2010, 02:46 PM.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

In an alliterative nightmare the Cards, Colts, Chargers, and Cowboys win.

Kurt Warner

Chargers

A) Adrian Peterson
                            B) Ray Rice

Bonus: Final score is 42-35...so 77 points total.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Indy, New Orleans, Dallas, San Diego

Kurt Warner

Indy

B) Ray Rice

Bonus: 65

Comment

Working...
                              X