Anybody else getting a headache....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else getting a headache....

Trying to keep up with the "Scandal of the day" in this political climate?

I know I'm about tired of all this crap day after day-- it's all politics and almost no government business being done.

Perfectly qualified SCOTUS candidate being stalled ONLY because of Politics!!!!!!!!

HealthCare bill lost (regardless of the bill itself) due to no Dems even willing to look and a small group of Repubs unwilling to compromise -- so again nothing happens!!!

How long does it really take to know if Trump colluded?

How long does it really take to find out if Trump(or his people) was surveiled?

C'mon Man-----------------------------

I am also but I've thought that for a long time. I will say though that a perfectly qualified SCOTUS nominee was stalled because of politics a year ago and I didn't hear any outrage. Gorsuch will get a vote and it will come before long. But the supreme court lost a year through republican politics.
    A comprehensive, quality healthcare program was lost long ago when the republicans did nothing, nothing at all to work with dems. Now the shoe is on the other foot and the blame goes to dems?? I agree with you're premise but I have to put it on both parties.
    It probably wouldn't take long to know if there was collusion (which I really don't believe there was) or to know if Trump was surveilled (which I don't believe he was) if all the facts would be laid out on the table. Of course the facts aren't going to laid out as opposed to being drug out. Much like the Bengazi scandal. I am absolutely certain the Russians interfered with the election and operate a sophisticated cyber warfare program against the US. I am also certain we will dick around with this for too long before making decisions or taking action.
    I've said before I believe we need a stronger independent presence in Washington that the two parties have to work with to get things passed.
    But yes it is a headache to watch the incompetence of people who could do so much but are held hostage by idealogy
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

What's going on now is beyond ridiculous and if it keeps up will destroy our country in the end. And please explain to me WTF "unmasking" is because both parties accuse the other of doing it????
      Last edited by Eagle60; 03-30-2017, 10:05 PM.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I may not explain it well but it is no great secret 60. The names of some people who are picked up while doing surveillance are 'blacked out' or 'hidden' or 'masked' or whatever word you want to use so that only certain people in gov know who they are. When someone identifies that person instead of keeping it secret they are 'unmasked' and people know who they are.
        So, if I am talking to the Russians and the gov doesn't have a warrant but they pick up my name through routine surveillance of the Russian it should be masked. If one of the handful of people in gov leak my name they unmasked me. Of course there is much more intrigue if I am a high ranking gov figure rather than a knucklehead Eagles fan
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Sorry if It appeared my post was in anyway slanted toward the Dems... Wasn't my intent at all.

Both parties are to blame, they both play the same games.

My disdain list sorta goes in this order......

A. "Mainstream Media" .... There is no fair and balanced journalism at all.

B. Politicians except for the very local levels........ Well they are just snakes who will say and do just about anything.

C. Sports media has gotten to the point that IMM they will invent stuff just to be first or create a controversy.

D. Anybody that supports this stupid idiotic PC culture that has evolved in this country.

E. College campuses that have allowed themselves to go so far to the left that very often there is only one side to every debate and if you disagree with that side you are considered a "deplorable" and mustn't be heard or tolerated.

Comment

No you weren't slanted I was just submitting what I see of both sides.
            Mainstream media is a topic that I discussed with some fellow knuckleheads over cocktails---sometimes not the best place to discuss but sometimes it is fine. My view is that the advent of cable news, the explosion of news organizations, and the need (made up need) for 24 hour news drove this train. The pool of journalists (loosely used) swelled because of the job openings; journalists that barely finished school and weren't worth a **** were hired because of the openings so we get crap reporting. People aren't smart enough to know that talk show hosts aren't journalists and don't get that the job of these talk show hosts is to push their agenda and to have guests who stir a topic--it makes fro a better show but they can say what they want--true or not. The parent company pushed to be first with anything. Hell with verifying facts. I saw a panel discussion on PBS (I know that damn liberal station) that was well done. About ten or twelve people on the panel led through an ethics discussion on the media. One guy said in his organization the phrase 'if we have it we run with it' was the mantra. Terrible way to operate. Anyway I'm not sure who mainstream media is but the old guard media (AP, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) try to stay ahead of that but I don't think they can. They fall into the same trap in order to stay alive. And newsprint journalism can't keep up at all.
            I'm not sure how we put the genie back in the bottle on the things you have highlighted.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Thanks ND for unmasking me. I'm a little pissed off that Erin Burnette is now a far left liberal. I used to love her on CNBC.
              Last edited by Eagle60; 04-01-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Trying to keep up with the "Scandal of the day" in this political climate?

I know I'm about tired of all this crap day after day-- it's all politics and almost no government business being done.

Perfectly qualified SCOTUS candidate being stalled ONLY because of Politics!!!!!!!!

HealthCare bill lost (regardless of the bill itself) due to no Dems even willing to look and a small group of Repubs unwilling to compromise -- so again nothing happens!!!

How long does it really take to know if Trump colluded?

How long does it really take to find out if Trump(or his people) was surveiled?

C'mon Man-----------------------------
                Yesterday they were blaming Trump for 8 Russian diplomats killed and then they said that he is nuts because he has a nervous habit of moving things around at meetings but there is no witch hunt going on.
                Yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Yesterday they were blaming Trump for 8 Russian diplomats killed...

Maybe you can help me here. Who are the "they" that "blamed Trump" for 8 Russian diplomats being killed?

I watch/listen to/read several different media sources at times each day that are following this story in some detail. I somehow missed Trump being blamed for murdered Russian diplomats.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                    Maybe you can help me here. Who are the "they" that "blamed Trump" for 8 Russian diplomats being killed?

I watch/listen to/read several different media sources at times each day that are following this story in some detail. I somehow missed Trump being blamed for murdered Russian diplomats.
                    CNN was talking about the "coincidence" of these happening since Trump was involved with this Russian conspiracy. I've just about given up trying to understand this because something new comes up everyday. CNN has now become the "Let's destroy Trump" network. I kind of bounce back and forth between them and FOX and throw in some Anderson Cooper because he seems to at least let people talk instead of leading the conversation. I also like O'Reilly just because I like his show I guess. He seems to at least make some common sense instead of just hammering the other side. Dennis Miller and Watters World with those clips of his really crack me up. I watch Bill Maher too but I really think that he goes too far even though he's a funny bastard. He's kind of got that dark side like George Carlin had. Anyway I try to catch them all.

Here's one I really don't get. Last night CNN had this show on about terrorists in Belgium. They were interviewing the ISIS home grown guy and he was very open about everything and it was really scary. He was saying how easy it was to travel back and forth from Syria and how much of a presence that they had in Europe and that they couldn't be stopped. The Koran says to kill even though he really doesn't want to but will if ordered. Allah will make the judgement after he dies. This is the same network that chastises Trump for his travel ban to certain countries. Unreal.

I'll just add that it was on late and I was dozing in and out and didn't get all of it. I remember him saying that he got $500 a month welfare and found it really funny that they were paying him to be a terrorist. The military patrols the streets with machine guns too even though Belgium is the most liberal country in Europe. You should see this special report. What an eye opener even though I couldn't keep mine open lol.

Comment

Did not see any of it --- but can kind of figure out how it gets portrayed....

Putin had a gazillion people killed (maybe he did, I dunno) but since Trump has been linked to maybe trying to have better relations with the other world power-- that of course means Trump is "aligned" w/Putin so it must mean that Trump is an accessory.. because we have soooooooooooo much evidence that they colluded to make sure Hilary lost.

Why can't you understand this 60?

Look if Russia tried to "influence" our election it is bad and it should be checked out-- but the problem is

#1.. We do the exact same thing, and have for many years in many countries. We are giant hypocrites!
                      #2.. We obviously do not have the best defense -- so who is at fault for that? Putin, Russia?
                      #3.. So cyber attacking goes on all the time-- we should worry more about then the actual Felonies taking place with the leaks in our own Government?
                      #4.. Who is worrying about the important things like --- how did Russia end up in control of 20% the Uranium that we use/need?

The bottom line IMM is that this country has gotten weak, and rather then work on fixing these leaks and weakness in cyber defense-- all our politicians seem to want to do is, well, play politics! And this is on both sides on the aisle.

One of the reasons I want to give Trump a chance-- I read him as a non politician, and his thought process is to try and fix things, not just give us more of the same. I understand he is a loud mouth ego maniac, but judge him for what he does not of what comes out of his mouth or tweets.

The media has gone into slant mode and the use of over the top adjectives is just unreal. Seems like everybody is worried about "optics" and elections in the coming years that they really aren't interested in fixing or protecting this country.

I hate the NEW media, I hate politicians and I hate PC'ness!
                      Last edited by MDFAN; 04-01-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Here's one I really don't get. Last night CNN had this show on about terrorists in Belgium. They were interviewing the ISIS home grown guy and he was very open about everything and it was really scary. He was saying how easy it was to travel back and forth from Syria and how much of a presence that they had in Europe and that they couldn't be stopped. The Koran says to kill even though he really doesn't want to but will if ordered. Allah will make the judgement after he dies. This is the same network that chastises Trump for his travel ban to certain countries. Unreal.

I'll just add that it was on late and I was dozing in and out and didn't get all of it. I remember him saying that he got $500 a month welfare and found it really funny that they were paying him to be a terrorist. The military patrols the streets with machine guns too even though Belgium is the most liberal country in Europe. You should see this special report. What an eye opener even though I couldn't keep mine open lol.
                        I watched the whole thing. It was very disturbing because it reflects the relative ease with which the ISIS recruiters can suck troubled/alienated young people in and send them off to the Middle East, where many become devout true believers. Sadly, alienated young people looking for causes/meaning in their lives are a dime a dozen in Europe and in this country.

Unis, the kid in the CNN special, was a pompous, hypocrite asshole. He didn't seem to mention what either Allah or The Prophet Muhammad had to say about Muslims being on the dole.

Comment

Did not see any of it --- but can kind of figure out how it gets portrayed....

Putin had a gazillion people killed (maybe he did, I dunno) but since Trump has been linked to maybe trying to have better relations with the other world power-- that of course means Trump is "aligned" w/Putin so it must mean that Trump is an accessory.. because we have soooooooooooo much evidence that they colluded to make sure Hilary lost.

Why can't you understand this 60?
                          Look if Russia tried to "influence" our election it is bad and it should be checked out-- but the problem is

#1.. We do the exact same thing, and have for many years in many countries. We are giant hypocrites!
                          #2.. We obviously do not have the best defense -- so who is at fault for that? Putin, Russia?
                          #3.. So cyber attacking goes on all the time-- we should worry more about then the actual Felonies taking place with the leaks in our own Government?
                          #4.. Who is worrying about the important things like --- how did Russia end up in control of 20% the Uranium that we use/need?

The bottom line IMM is that this country has gotten weak, and rather then work on fixing these leaks and weakness in cyber defense-- all our politicians seem to want to do is, well, play politics! And this is on both sides on the aisle.

One of the reasons I want to give Trump a chance-- I read him as a non politician, and his thought process is to try and fix things, not just give us more of the same. I understand he is a loud mouth ego maniac, but judge him for what he does not of what comes out of his mouth or tweets.

The media has gone into slant mode and the use of over the top adjectives is just unreal. Seems like everybody is worried about "optics" and elections in the coming years that they really aren't interested in fixing or protecting this country.

I hate the NEW media, I hate politicians and I hate PC'ness!
                          Of course I understand it! That's why I wrote it. I've written the same thing here about five times, just not as eloquently as you.

Comment

Mike... Sarcasm, sarcasm!

Comment

Mike... Sarcasm, sarcasm!
                              LOL, I'm not too bright. I think that I've proved that over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X