Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDS is alive and well.

Comment

TDS is real and people actually have the symptoms. Just try to remember that the Philadelphia Eagles are the best football team on the planet and maybe that will help some.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
        I'm not really worried about how they think. The problem is that they are right - our country is a joke being run by an assclown. 'merica.

We have friends we've met in Florida who travel a lot (top shelf cruises like Windstar) from May to November to escape the oppressive Florida heat and humidity. She was a nurse, is actively involved in environmental issues and is quietly moderate in her political views. He's a retired business owner...bright, worldly, a decorated Navy vet, and an openly conservative Republican (in the pre-Trump sense of what Conservative Republicanism meant...unyielding core principles and a respect for the Constitution.)

Knowing who we had voted for, during the Obama 'era", he often took some friendly pleasure in telling us that Europeans he met aboard ship generally regarded Obama as indecisive, too hesitant, even weak in his foreign policy. Observations that are not entirely unfair, IMO.

When we got together this past Winter the subject eventually turned to Trump, for whom he had reluctantly voted. (Anybody But Hilary) When I asked what the Europeans they'd met this past summer aboard ship thought of Trump he said Trump was seen as a churlish , self- absorbed embarrassment...an assessment he now regretfully shares.

Comment

[QUOTE=tinopuno;324423]We have friends we've met in Florida who travel a lot (top shelf cruises like Windstar) from May to November to escape the oppressive Florida heat and humidity. She was a nurse, is actively involved in environmental issues and is quietly moderate in her political views. He's a retired business owner...bright, worldly, a decorated Navy vet, and an openly conservative Republican (in the pre-Trump sense of what Conservative Republicanism meant...unyielding core principles and a respect for the Constitution.)

Knowing who we had voted for, during the Obama 'era", he often took some friendly pleasure in telling us that Europeans he met aboard ship generally regarded Obama as indecisive, too hesitant, even weak in his foreign policy. Observations that are not entirely unfair, IMO.

When we got together this past Winter the subject eventually turned to Trump, for whom he had reluctantly voted. (Anybody But Hilary) When I asked what the Europeans they'd met this past summer aboard ship thought of Trump he said Trump was seen as a churlish , self- absorbed embarrassment...an assessment he now regretfully shares.

I don't think that just about anybody on the planet would dispute that. I also think that most Presidents have the same traits but they are smoother about it so they aren't an embarrassment. As I said before though, I couldn't care less about what Europeans think. Their politicians are a joke too. As long as the economy is thriving that's all that most people care about anyway even though they don't admit it. Their are a ton of closet Trump voters out there.

Comment

60, if the EU is pissed and Iran and Canada and Mexico are all pissed---- that tells me just exactly how great Trump is doing. Like you I care about America, not the other clowns who have been taking advantage of us for decades now.

And like you I really don't give qa flying fuck what other "elites" think of us. And IMM only someone who has such low esteem and low self confidence would care either.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              60, if the EU is pissed and Iran and Canada and Mexico are all pissed---- that tells me just exactly how great Trump is doing. Like you I care about America, not the other clowns who have been taking advantage of us for decades now.

And like you I really don't give qa flying fuck what other "elites" think of us. And IMM only someone who has such low esteem and low self confidence would care either.
              This other countries being pissed off at us is not only funny but it's also nothing new. They are always pissed off at us. What I find humorous is that I don't ever remember being pissed off at another country except the Russians once in awhile. As long as they don't bother me what the heck should I care what they do?

Some people should take a good look at Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal for some good laughs for starters. The Brits have a good comedy show of their own going on. They base their whole lives on their version of the National Enquirer and who the prince of Wales is fucking. Yeah, I'm going right to them for advice.

Comment

Not to do with the thread but.....
                What I find humorous is that I don't ever remember being pissed off at another country except the Russians once in awhile.
                Not sure if you mean you personally or the US but the US is always pissed at someone. We have spent more time at war than anyone else.
                They base their whole lives on their version of the National Enquirer and who the prince of Wales is fucking
                Have you checked EVERY checkout stand in the US? We lead the world in tabloid nonsense. And people across the US woke up at 3 in the friggin morning to watch that nonsense even though he isn't our prince.
                I'm pretty sure the US is just as F'ed up as any other country.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  Not to do with the thread but.....
                  What I find humorous is that I don't ever remember being pissed off at another country except the Russians once in awhile.
                  Not sure if you mean you personally or the US but the US is always pissed at someone. We have spent more time at war than anyone else.
                  They base their whole lives on their version of the National Enquirer and who the prince of Wales is fucking
                  Have you checked EVERY checkout stand in the US? We lead the world in tabloid nonsense. And people across the US woke up at 3 in the friggin morning to watch that nonsense even though he isn't our prince.
                  I'm pretty sure the US is just as F'ed up as any other country.
                  Of course we are and yes I was talking about me personally. All of this conversation is about how we personally feel. I think that I made myself clear when I said "I don't ever remember being pissed off at another country except the Russians once in awhile. As long as they don't bother me what the heck should I care what they do?" BTW, my bride got up to watch that wedding and a lot of my best friends suffer from TDS also. It doesn't mean that I stopped loving them, I just think they're a little wacky.

Comment

Everybody needs to be very very very careful ....... The media lies, yes, all the media.

They lie factually, they lie by omission, they lie by characterization, they lie by slanting, they lie by just making stuff up, they lie by taking things out of context.

I try my best to judge by action not what is being spewed, said, twisted or shoved down my throat.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      Everybody needs to be very very very careful ....... The media lies, yes, all the media.

They lie factually, they lie by omission, they lie by characterization, they lie by slanting, they lie by just making stuff up, they lie by taking things out of context.

I try my best to judge by action not what is being spewed, said, twisted or shoved down my throat.

The irony of an ardent Trump supporter complaining about ANYBODY ELSE lying is simply too delicious.

Comment

This thread has already crossed into a purely political discussion. N accordance with Vins wshes to keep politics off the EFO board I’m going to ask that you guys take this up on the misc board.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

!
                          Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          This thread has already crossed into a purely political discussion. N accordance with Vins wshes to keep politics off the EFO board I’m going to ask that you guys take this up on the misc board.
                          Now there's a good idea!

I wondered how this thread got on the main board to begin with.

Comment

blaming the media is a kick ass diversion for the guilty

Rich 101

Comment

Media is guilty..... Both sides. Anybody that has any faith in the media in this country today is a total ostrich. The media is a shadow of it's of what it is supposed to be.

Comment

Guys last chance, take the political discussion to another board or I move it....
                                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X