The Kaepernick commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kaepernick commercial

I don't pretend to be a marketer (well I guess that I am pretending to do that now lol) but doesn't it seem risky for NIKE to come out and back Kaepernick? It seems that you might lose half of your customers who disagree with you and not really gain from the ones who do. I don't think that it's in a company's' best interest to take sides in politics.

Now I just heard that the commercial will be run during tonight's game. That doesn't seem too smart to me for the NFL to agree with that. Doesn't that just piss off a lot of people who don't agree with Kaepernick and just make some people switch the channel?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

couple thoughts 60
    I don't think Nike can properly communicate the message of the ad campaign. Believe in something. Kapernick showed he believed in something but his name, to a great number, is like saying Clinton to republicans. it is boogeyman. Doesn't matter what the message is far too many won't get past the name Kapernick. I think that is Nike's mistake.
    I sat with six guys today for coffee. All six are adamant against the commercial although only one had seen it. They are all old white guys and said Nike will lose sales. I'm not so sure and told them Nike isn't after old white guys for sales. None of you have ever bought a pair of air jordans (truth in discussion I have no idea if air jordans are a Nike thing or not).
    One said there are better subjects for believe in something. They should have used Pat Tillman. Told them I don't know but I would guess market research would say Nike customer base is not familiar with Pat Tillman. We are because we are vets and we were around when Tillman died. My guess is that not many Nike base were of age when Tillman died. But the pint is taken and I don't know how many people are in the ad campaign. I know Serena Williams is.
    Just some thoughts
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I thought the commercial was fine but let's face it Kaepernick is a lightning rod.

Comment

I guess that you have to know your customer LOL! Nike stock is up 30% since the announcement that Kap would be in the commercial!

Comment

Yep. Plenty of old white guys hate the sound Kapernick but plenty of old white guys ain't buying that stuff
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X