There's no substitute for talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no substitute for talent

Seven coaches got fired last year. Their replacements went 0-7 last weekend.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Seven coaches got fired last year. Their replacements went 0-7 last weekend.
    It’s funny, these teams are always changing their coaches as if the GMs and player personnel departments arent the roots of the problems.

As long as they continue to follow this path, the stability of the Eagles front office will guarantee them three or four easy wins a year.
    Last edited by WCPhan; 09-13-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I remember when Dallas Green was with the Phils. He was a big believer in scouting and minor league system and the Phils went from bottom of the league spenders to top of the league spenders. They were rewarded with regular playoff appearances and World Series.
      It isn't the sole answer but if you don't have good scouting and development you ain't going anywhere
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I wouldn't get too caught up in the records of first-year coaches. Yes, talent usually is a key thing as to why they are new coaches, to begin with. The other thing is with the way preseason games are now teams don't have enough time to get used to the new systems. Year 2 is where you can really start to judge the new coaches.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I love Doug's play calling but I also love the talent that Joe has brought to this team. I don't care who was coaching that Detroit mess the other night because they got their asses kicked on both lines Monday.

Let's face it. If a coach gets fired it's almost always because your team sucks lol.

Comment

I don't think lack of talent loses you 16 games. There has to be talent to win a game. Losing 16 is on the coaching staff. Not one guy but the culture of the staff. If an Olineman doesn't know the guy he is going up against this week that OLine coach didn't put his ass in front of the TV watching tape
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              I don't think lack of talent loses you 16 games. There has to be talent to win a game. Losing 16 is on the coaching staff. Not one guy but the culture of the staff. If an Olineman doesn't know the guy he is going up against this week that OLine coach didn't put his ass in front of the TV watching tape
              Well they added a lot of talent to Cleveland and at least they didn't lose lol. Probably a do or die year for him though.

Comment

Nathan Peterman is not an NFL QB! The scouting department and GMs plus the coach must take the blame for throwing out there AGAIN after he proved to them he can't play in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  Nathan Peterman is not an NFL QB! The scouting department and GMs plus the coach must take the blame for throwing out there AGAIN after he proved to them he can't play in the NFL.
                  What could Allen possibly learn from a stiff like him.

Comment

What could Allen possibly learn from a stiff like him.
                    How to act like it's the receivers fault when you throw an INT because you suck.

McDermott got a raw deal with that gig when your player personnel people are inept.

Comment

McD will probably be available next year if Allen doesn't show his high potential
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        McD will probably be available next year if Allen doesn't show his high potential
                        We might be looking at another 0-16 team with that roster.

Comment

I was thinking the other day how this team would be if we had acquired Chip’s wet dream Mariota. And I do believe someone stopped him from being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                            I was thinking the other day how this team would be if we had acquired Chip’s wet dream Mariota. And I do believe someone stopped him from being stupid.
                            I think Tennessee averaged over 30 ppg last year. Things probably would have turned out OK. Who knows? Howie's biggest home run is landing Douglas if you ask me.

Comment

I think Tennessee averaged over 30 ppg last year. Things probably would have turned out OK. Who knows? Howie's biggest home run is landing Douglas if you ask me.
                              Mariota had a horrid year. 13 TD passes 15 ints The team scored 334 points or about 21 a game. I don’t think we’d be anywhere near ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X