Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skill players are banged up

Eagles Injury Report: No practice for Darren Sproles and Shelton Gibson
    Updates on Philadelphia’s injury situation.
    By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Updated Sep 13, 2018, 4:22pm EDT

Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
    The Philadelphia Eagles released their second official injury report on Thursday in advance of their Week 2 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

After being limited on Wednesday, both Shelton Gibson and Darren Sproles did not practice at all on Thursday. That doesn’t seem like a good sign for their chances of playing on Sunday.

It also seems to explain why the Eagles re-signed Kamar Aiken and worked out some free agent players with return ability earlier this week. Gibson is the team’s primary kick returner and Sproles is the primary punt returner. If these guys can’t suit up, I’d imagine it’ll be Corey Clement taking kickoffs and DeAndre Carter filling in for Sproles on punts.

When it comes to potentially replacing Sproles on offense, we could see more of Clement there as well. Clement only played 13 offensive snaps against the Falcons in Week 1 while Sproles played 29. Jay Ajayi could also be in line for some more touches while Wendell Smallwood will likely play more than the mere one snap he saw against Atlanta.

Replacing Gibson won’t require a huge change from last week considering he only played four snaps. The Eagles mostly went with Nelson Agholor, Mike Wallace, and Carter as their three primary receivers in Week 1. If Gibson can’t play, Philadelphia will only have FOUR receivers active against the Bucs: those three guys plus Aiken. That’s certainly not an ideal situation, though it may help that Tampa Bay could be without both of their starting cornerbacks.

Speaking of receivers, Alshon Jeffery was limited for the second day in a row. He’s still not expected to be back by Week 3 at the earliest. Jeffery has only been doing individual drill work so far; he’s not participating in 11-on-11 yet. It’ll be nice to get him back whenever he is ready to return.

And finally, Carson Wentz was a limited participant again. No surprise there with Nick Foles set to start on Sunday. I’ll remind you here that there are some signs pointing to a Week 3 Wentz return.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (THURSDAY)
    DID NOT PARTICIPATE

RB Darren Sproles (hamstring)
    WR Shelton Gibson (knee)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

QB Carson Wentz (knee)
    WR Alshon Jeffery (shoulder)
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Its been one friggin game and they're already banged up????

I really think keeping guys out of pre-season games has made them unaccustomed to game contact so when they experience it for the first time that season, they're unprepared.

This Bucs game is going to be a dog fight unless Schwartz has figured out how to attack their line. The offense is what it is, especially in the beginning of the season. Foles has always taken two or three games to get on track and that goes back to when he was drafted.

Comment

Especially a hamstring. I know Sproles is a workout guy but often a hammy is lack of conditioning/stretching
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Especially a hamstring. I know Sproles is a workout guy but often a hammy is lack of conditioning/stretching

And lingering. On top of that he got way to much work in that game anyway.

Comment

Honestly, Sproles didn't look very good last week, he is easily replaced by Clement and at this point just rotating Clement and Ajayi may produce a better outcome. Gibson is what the 5th receiver. Now the problem is without Jeffrey and Hollins this one hurts some. Looks like its Andre Carter time
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I guess they just brought Kamar Aiken back too. He's got some size over Carver but I don't expect a heck of a lot from him. The Pats released him and I don't think that they're loaded at wr.

Comment

Should've picked up Dez.

LOLOLOLOL- I couldn't even say that with a straight face.

Comment

Aiken is back and Wheaton is gone. Eh

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  Aiken is back and Wheaton is gone. Eh
                  I hope the hell we don't see him Sunday!!

Comment

Working...
                  X