FB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB

What are we going to do at the fullback position? If we draft a guy is he going to be able to step in right away, and play? I'm not so sure, but I'm hoping so.

FA's just seem to be getting gobbled up.

Saints bring in former Pats FB Heath EvansSaints agreed to terms with FB Heath Evans on a two-year contract.
    Mike Karney will be released, which means that Evans will move right into the starting lineup. The Saints have been looking for a short-yardage power back, so the well-rounded Evans could be a top goal-line vulture in 2009. He has experience in that role with the Patriots. Mar. 5 - 6:18 pm et
    Source: Boston Globe

Leonard Weaver; bring him in, kick the tires
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
      Leonard Weaver; bring him in, kick the tires
      Weaver is a probowler that wants to cash in. It's pretty clear the Eagles don't want to spend big bucks on a FB. I don't expect to see him travel to Philly.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

What happened to Karney? Did he get hurt? I thought he played well for the Saints.
        I miss Philly!

Comment

Hate to say it, but I think that we'll decide that we're okay with a converted DT playing that position....
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I would like to see Weaver come in,but I think Klecko was starting to get better as the year wore on. I wouldn't be to bent if he ended up as the FB.Going from D to O is a big transition,blocking in the jumbo package is a lot different from being an every down FB.I saw improvement. I'm far more concerned with the OL,TE and S situation.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              I would like to see Weaver come in,but I think Klecko was starting to get better as the year wore on. I wouldn't be to bent if he ended up as the FB.Going from D to O is a big transition,blocking in the jumbo package is a lot different from being an every down FB.I saw improvement. I'm far more concerned with the OL,TE and S situation.
              I would rather have Klecko on defense, he give you that push up the middle and he is able played the run. When we used Howard & Albermere at DT in the NFC Championship game, the Cardinals ran at them. A fullback like Weaver help the offense and the defense.

Comment

If we pass on Evans and Weaver I'm going to be upset. Of all the positions with all the money we have - c'mon. Sheesh.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                  If we pass on Evans and Weaver I'm going to be upset. Of all the positions with all the money we have - c'mon. Sheesh.

I wonder if Klecko is gaining or losing weight right now?
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                    I am totally with you on this one.

Comment

Here again we can start another argument,the Eagles will not pay big money for a FB. In this offense it is not a priority. I would love Weaver,from the film I've seen he is a good/above avg receiver and has some speed. I don't think they will pay big money. I could see 1 more year of Klecko,draft a FB and let him be a STer while learning.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

How much BIG MONEY can a full back make? Good lord!

Andy says he wants an "efficient" running game. And he wants a fullback that can run, block and catch. And he's only going to carry one on the team.

Joe already said that he couldn't spend all the money if he tried.

So why can't they fork over some dough for a good full back? Why are they content with experiments and mediocrity?
                        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

"So why can't they fork over some dough for a good full back?"

Aside from them just being cheap greedy bastards.... who would you want them to spend the money on?

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
                            How much BIG MONEY can a full back make? Good lord!

Andy says he wants an "efficient" running game. And he wants a fullback that can run, block and catch. And he's only going to carry one on the team.

Joe already said that he couldn't spend all the money if he tried.

So why can't they fork over some dough for a good full back? Why are they content with experiments and mediocrity?
                            Couldn't agree more 'toga.Underestimating the importance of a solid FB last year was costly.In order Andy wants a FB to block,catch,run in short yardage spots.That guy IS Weaver and since FB is not a "bigticket" position,wouldn't it be pruden to sigh a 26 yr old FB to a 5-6 yr deal? If Reid keeps one FB then let Eckel leave,either cut Klecko or move him back to DT.We haven't had a FB like Weaver since Kevin Turner so bring the frickin guy in & find out what he wants.
                            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I'm just saying that they have a number in mind and they won't spend more. Ask BDawk.

Comment

Working...
                              X