I'm going to miss you Doo-Doo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to miss you Doo-Doo

He's one of my favorite Eagles because he is such a great hitter. Totally fearless. But it's usually the FO's way to move guys who bitch about their contract. Welburn, Hollis, and Lito come to mind just to name a few. They don't like guys who aren't happy campers, especially after the Lito mess last year. Can't say as I could blame them with Sheldon. You can't have one of your leaders bad mouthing the organization.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

great hitter, not great in coverage though. I'd like him back, but in my mind he is not a guy we can't live without

weird how these union delegate guys are so vocal. How'd that work out for Troy and the rest of his career when he left?

Anywho, whether we like it or not the NFL is moving more towards cover corners and safeties and away from the physical guys. That's whay Dawk is gone and a guy like Roy Williams is still available

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      great hitter, not great in coverage though. I'd like him back, but in my mind he is not a guy we can't live without

weird how these union delegate guys are so vocal. How'd that work out for Troy and the rest of his career when he left?

Anywho, whether we like it or not the NFL is moving more towards cover corners and safeties and away from the physical guys. That's whay Dawk is gone and a guy like Roy Williams is still available
      Agreed, but loosing Dawk and Sheldon is a heck of a lot of run support. Maybe our first pick shouldl be a DT!

Comment

total agree. Losing Dawk also kills the killer instinct and forced turnovers. Abiamiri should help a bit. The LBers are younger and faster. Asante and Hanson are fast. No idea what to expect out of Jones.

with Bunkley, Patterson, and Laws....I don't think we need a DT. Though maybe a Samie Lee Hill will slip to a late pick and he could really help.

There is no doubt we may want to add a pass rushing DE, a ball hawk corner and a cover safety in this draft.

I'd still like to keep Brown. But if we can get any day 1 pick (3rd rounder?) we should do it! Corner is deep in this draft

Comment

LOL

Good 'ol Doo-Doo Brown.

Comment

It's 8;40 and he's still an Eagle!!

Comment

And it better stay that way.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                And it better stay that way.
                Amen!!

Comment

Sheldon is staying this year. How it plays out is certainly yet to be seen but I can easily see Andy telling him (or his agent) that he will bury him if he acts up. Much as he did with Lito. Now, Lito got out as he wanted but is is yet to be seen if he hits a big payday.
                  Myself, I hope both sides put there egos aside and work out a deal.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

I don't want Doo Doo going thru the whole season with a bad attitude. I would LIKE if they would get together and actually TALK, and see if they can't find some sort of middle ground. I like Sheldon, I like him as an Eagle, and I think he is very valuable to us. FOr me as a fan, that is pretty much all that matters.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                      I don't want Doo Doo going thru the whole season with a bad attitude. I would LIKE if they would get together and actually TALK, and see if they can't find some sort of middle ground. I like Sheldon, I like him as an Eagle, and I think he is very valuable to us. FOr me as a fan, that is pretty much all that matters.
                      Unfortunately, the cat is out of the bag. The press will be relentless.

Comment

It really depends on Brown...if he shuts up now and plays/works hard he will stay and we have a very good CB corps. If he cannot handle no and continues to make noise, then he will probably stay this year and be gone next. He would have to go totally nuclear to be gone this season IMV. The Eagles are not going to be bullied and will not let go of talent/value for little return unless they absolutely have to...Brown has no leg to stand on with his demands--he has 4 years left, has not out-performed his deal and is not elite enough to force the Eagles to bargain. The sooner he realizes that and appreciates what he DOES have, the better. It is amazing these guys make the same mistakes after seeing teammates fail and act like buffoons.
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

i've been thinking this after we got ellis hobbs and one of the wip callers just said it. move sheldon to safety and give him a few extra sheckels to do what's in the team's best interest. then if hobbs flops at cb you could always move sheldon back there. sheldon must know he is in a tough spot, and the eagles could use a little face saving pr move. trot and cherry said no way ... not the eagles mo ... so may well be a moot point. would be smart, i think.
                          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I think we'll have the depth to bury Sheldon on the bench this year if he acts up. And then in 2010, he can see if he gets any luckier than Lito. Actually, Lito will probably do better because at least he has real talent. If he decides to buckle down, he can earn the incentives.

Comment

Latest....

"...fifth-round picks to the Pats for corner Ellis Hobbs, a New England starter. Does this portend a Sheldon Brown trade?
                              Sheldon, contacted Sunday afternoon out on South Carolina's Lake Wylie, said he didn't know, but he hoped so. Certainly, as Brown pointed out, this puts the Eagles in a better position to be able to trade him, should anyone inquire.Yesterday, Eagles coach Andy Reid said he thought Brown was too much a team guy to come in and cause problems.
                              Brown said he has heard that "the Eagles are saying no to everyone who asks" about him, but he hopes this will change things. "Over the next few months, if they got an offer, they would be in a position to trade me," he said. "It's a good thing, from that perspective."

Comment

Working...
                              X