Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who wants to call it?

Phillies are done. 5:40 PM EST.

I wouldn't call them done, but I don't think they'll make the playoffs because of their awful starting pitching.
    "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

That was a frustration post. I think we were losing a day game to the Dodgers.

Well, Phils just swept the Diamondbacks so.... still, I don't trust this team. You can never really trust a Phillies team.

Comment

Ummmmm, the Phillies were done about April 3rd, 1994.

Comment

Just thinking about it, I would hate to be a Philly sports fan. The Phillies haven't done anything in my lifetime, the Eagles made the NFC Championship 4 years in a row with no title to show for it, the 76ers have one of the best scorers in baseketball but still suck, and I don't know anything about the Flyers because I don't follow hockey.
          "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

Yeah. Thanks for reminding us, Jackson.

Comment

We are aware of our problems, but being an Atlanta fan ain't so great either.

I know the Braves have won 14 straight divisions, but that's become about as routine as them losing in the first round of the playoffs.

The Falcons have never had back-to-back winning seasons.
              The Hawks should have been relegated to the D-League years ago.
              The Thrashers...well...I'm sure they make the Hawks look popular.

Comment

Actually, Will, the Thrashers are a pretty hot ticket down here in Atlanta. Some of it has to do with the novelty, but there are some many transplanted northerners (like myself) that equates to a burgeoning fanbase.

The Braves have become as bland as grits.
                The Falcons are blowhards.
                The Hawks simply blow.

Comment

LMAO
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'm just a Braves fan, not an Atlanta fan (I moved from San Jose 5 years ago).

Basically, all people care about around here are the Braves, Falcons, and of course, college football. The Georgia Bulldogs, possibly my least favorite team on earth, get a ton of attention. No one really cares about the Hawks/Thrashers.

Comment

Believe it or not - I trust in Gillick.

I think he's keenly aware that this is a .500 ballclub the way it's currently composed. But as Utley and Howard continue to evolve - I think he'll smell an opportunity. He has to get a front line starter and it may come at a serious expense but I can see Gillick doing it if we are still within 2.5 games of the wildcard come mid July. If we are, he'll do something. I know the "Stand Pat" title - but I really think he has an eye on the prize and to be able to deliver a playoff appearance in year 1 in a town that hasn't seen the post season in 13 years would certainly add to his mystique.

Comment

Two days and 3 losses later - it's time for Gillick to fire Manuel. The team is not responding to him. In the long range plans - Cholly can not be the man that takes this team deep into a post-season. They need a fire lit under them. When you put it all together - it makes sense to fire Manuel right now. You give a new manager 6 weeks to see if he can get any spark out of this club and then you make your deadline maneuvering whether it be as a buyer or seller.

Comment

Yeah - the Marlins struck fire and gold with McKeon a few years ago...oh if Leyland were still available...
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                          X