Let's talk Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk Carolina

They are a team on a roll and Cam is playing pretty well. They've got a couple WRs that we'll have to worry about.

We did catch a break with Olsen going on IR.

I don't expect us to win this game.

we can play with anyone, I'm excited because I hate Cam. I believe we win by a FG late
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Going to be a tough game. Short week on the road can be hard to predict -- either team could come out really flat.

Cam could be a huge problem if we let him extend plays. Their receivers are not burners for a change, but are big and can catch -- maybe our CBs have a better chance but it will still be hard. I doubt we dominate the lines as well as we did the Cardinals game.

For a change, we won't be facing "name" CBs. They have two second-year players as starters, but no idea how good they are. Maybe they can target Jeffery a bit more often. Brees obviously victimized them to some extent, but their defense has been playing pretty well this year obviously, so they may still be pretty good. Kurt Coleman got injured last week, and they signed Jairus Byrd.

Comment

Fair enough Vin. But let’s look at the game from Carolina’s view....

Let’s talk Eagles...

They are a team on a roll and Cam Wentz is playing pretty well. They've got a couple WRs that we'll have to worry about.

We did catch a break with Olsen Johnson being out.

I don't expect us to win this game.

See how easy that was? This game is there for the taking. The only reason I’m worried is that it is a perfect let down game. Beating two teams we weren’t expected to beat. Crushing one of them against all odds. Playing on the road, in a short week, against a hot team. This is a good character test for this team. We’ll also get an idea of how well Pederson can get them prepared. He’s a young coach and this is as much a test for him and his staff as it is for the players. That being said, I think this game is a toss up.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The NFL landscape changes every week. Right now we have a comfortable lead in the division, and this feels like a "house money" kind of game we are not expected to win. If we lose this week, the Skins game will be huge. It likely will be anyway, but if we beat Carolina we'll have a bit more breathing room. Before yesterday, I was hoping to win 2 of next 3, with one of the wins coming against the Skins. I am still there, but of course beating Carolina would be swwweeeet! If we lose our Johnson, let's hope we find our Cox - would be huuuggge!
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Eh, before the season was this a win or a loss? How did people see this when they saw the team as 9-7 or maybe 10-6?
            I've said the team is good not great. I think they can be in every game this year yet could get spanked in any game. This one is a classic case. Hard enough just to be a short week and facing a pretty good Car team. Then losing Johnson, not have Cox & Darby, etc will make it harder.
            But the team is riding pretty high. Just need Doug (and position coaches) to get into their heads and make sure they understand that they need to bring their best or they could get swatted
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Right now I have a feeling this will be a loss but this is a tough scenario and doesn't in any way diminish my hopes for the team.

Now if they go down to Carolina and beat them, then my hopes for the team have jumped up to division winner.

Comment

This will be a physical game which with Blount in the backfield might help us. I think Carolina will try to run it alot. Cam is rounding into shape. Great test for Carson against Luke K and Thomas Davis! I would have said a loss at beginning of the year. Now I have to say toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  This will be a physical game which with Blount in the backfield might help us. I think Carolina will try to run it alot. Cam is rounding into shape. Great test for Carson against Luke K and Thomas Davis! I would have said a loss at beginning of the year. Now I have to say toss up.
                  Man I hope that we see a lot of shots with SuperAss sulking underneath his towel Thursday night.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Man I hope that we see a lot of shots with SuperAss sulking underneath his towel Thursday night.
                    Same here

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      Totally agree......... Really wish we had cox for this one. That could be the difference between a W and an L.

Comment

Man I hope that we see a lot of shots with SuperAss dead underneath a tarp Thursday night.
                        fixed
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          fixed
                          Very unchristian of you MM. Career ending injury sounds much better.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Very unchristian of you MM. Career ending injury sounds much better.
                            can't get much more career ending

Comment

Working...
                            X