Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule

Being released tonight but the World Champions play Jax on Oct 28 in London.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Is that a home game? or an away game?

Comment

Away.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Limey game released

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ville-nfl-news
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Away.
          Thanks-- only way this is worse if it were a home game.

Comment

Our opener is supposedly against the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Thanks-- only way this is worse if it were a home game.
              I think they should play ALL of their away games in another country. It's like playing on a neutral field. Totally eliminates any home field advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                Our opener is supposedly against the Falcons.
                Interesting. Everyone assumed the Vikings.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I don’t like the late season back-to-back road games against Dallas and the Rams. But who the hell allowed 5 division games in the last 8 weeks? That’s bullshit! At least we got a decent bye in week 9 following the London game.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/sc.../schedule.html
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yea the bye is right. Always hard to say what teams are going to be good or which ones will be average. But man that looks like a tough schedule. Rams, Vikings, Carolina, NO, Jax, Atl plus our division games are generally tough just because they are division games.
                    Too early to say of course but it looks like a tough road next year.

Two Sunday night, Two Thurs night, One Monday night plus a trip to London.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

That schedule looks brutal. Of course, I expected the defending NFC East chance to have a difficult road

Comment

Just luck of the draw I'm sure but Dallas plays 4 of it's last 5 games at home.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                          Just luck of the draw I'm sure but Dallas plays 4 of it's last 5 games at home.
                          They only play 3 of last 5 at home. But play 4 of last 6 at home. I’m not sure Dallas really has much of a home field advantage.

A few things about the schedule:

1. The tough first place schedule is a myth. It’s only a difference of two games compared to everyone else in the division. We play the Rams and Vikings. Can we really say that they will be significantly better than say the Cowboys opponents of Seahawks and Lions? Things change so much from year to year. I mean, what if Goff or Gurley get hurt?

2. We have two Thursday night games which give us a mini-bye. We should have the advantage of extra rest going against the Bucs in week 2 and the Panthers in week

3. We play the Cowboys after our bye and we don’t play one opponent coming off a bye!
                          It seems like they’ve balance this a bit this year as the Skins, Saints, Lions, Bengals, and Colts all play a max of two games vs opponents coming off a bye. The Giants and Cowboys each play one such game.
                          Last year the Giants had 4!

4. The first half our schedule looks slightly easier right now. If Wentz isn’t ready, I think it sets up well for Foles to get us off to a good start.
                          Last edited by rspurr; 04-20-2018, 12:48 AM.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                            They only play 3 of last 5 at home. But play 4 of last 6 at home. I’m not sure Dallas really has much of a home field advantage.

A few things about the schedule:

1. The tough first place schedule is a myth. It’s only a difference of two games compared to everyone else in the division. We play the Rams and Vikings. Can we really say that they will be significantly better than say the Cowboys opponents of Seahawks and Lions? Things change so much from year to year. I mean, what if Goff or Gurley get hurt?

2. We have two Thursday night games which give us a mini-bye. We should have an advantage if rest going against the Bucs in week 2 and the Panthers in week

3. We play the Cowboys after our bye and we don’t play one opponent coming off a bye!
                            It seems like they’ve balance this a bit this year as the Skins, Saints, Lions, Bengals, and Colts all play a max of two games vs opponents coming off a bye. The Giants and Cowboys each play one such game.
                            Last year the Giants had 4!

4. The first half our schedule looks slightly easier right now. If Wentz isn’t ready, I think it sets up well for Foles to get us off to a good start.
                            How long did it take you to figure that out???
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

rspurr
                              "They only play 3 of last 5 at home. But play 4 of last 6 at home."

You're right! When I rechecked their schedule I realized there was a small ad between Week 16 and Week 17 and I had failed to notice that their last game was AT the Gnats. And I agree that Jerry World, and it's front running fans, doesn't offer the home field edge that some teams (with real fans) enjoy.

When I think about it objectively, I actually doubt that favoritism plays a part in the NFL schedule...but the unfounded suspicion that favoritism does exist still appeals to my sense of the Eagles, and their fans, being the aggrieved "under dogs".

Comment

Working...
                              X