Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglefan55
    Originally posted by SeattleIggle
    My surprise cuts: Sam Rayburn and/or Shawn Barber.
    That would be surprising.
    Hence the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
      Hence the thread title.
      LOL I'll say McNabb

Comment

Hence the thread title.
        LOL I'll say McNabb
        And that's about as likely as Mahe getting cut.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
          Concur on Bartrum--I think Schobel is the LS this year. One of either Matt Ware or Dexter Wynn doesn't make the team this year
          Dexter Wynn a surprise cut? I'll say Corey Peoples and JJ Outlaw will be the surprise cuts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
            Hence the thread title.
            LOL I'll say McNabb
            And that's about as likely as Mahe getting cut.
            Yes you cannot get anymore secure than that.

Comment

Barber getting cut would definitely be a surprise. Now, how about BowTie Guy getting cut???
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm just speculating - I've heard nothing about Barber since he signed, and I think it's possible that he might show in TC that he doesn't have anything left in the tank. There's a logjam of mediocrity at OLB right now, I think Barber might wind up being the odd man out. Besides, I've always stood up for bow-tie. I think he takes more shit from the fans than he deserves.

As for Rayburn, I can't see us keeping more than 5 DTs on the roster, and I think it will be Patterson, Walker, Bunkley, Jasper and LaJuan Ramsey.

But yeah, these aren't my "surprise" picks for nothing...
                The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

My projections for surprise cuts this year are Fraley and Greg Lewis.

With the competition that Jamaal Jackson and some of the youngsters like Nick Cole that are getting looks at Center I believe Honey Buns days are numbered.

As for Grewg Lewis, he was a terrific #3/4 WR that got his chance in the lime light to be a #1/2 and fizzled. I believe that it will be tough for him to adjust to going back to being a #4 (with Brown, Pinston, and Gaffney ahead of him) along with competion from Avant, Mccants, and even the kid Basket they just got from Minnesota.

Comment

I really think it would be silly to cut Hank Fraley. Even if Jackson wins the job, surely Honeybuns is good enough to be a backup. Fraley's still dirt cheap and has years of experience calling the signals. If he's willing, he could be a valuable mentor for Jackson. And don't forget that Jackson has injury troubles in his past. The only way it happens is if Reid wants to give Hank a chance to start elsewhere, and he probably would have been cut by now if that were the case.

I've never understood the obsession with wanting to instantly jettison any player who has an off year. Happens on this board (counting the last board as this board) every offseason.

Rayburn too would be really surprising (I know, I know) We haven't seen his ceiling yet at all, he was hurt all year last year, don't forget how beastly he looked in '04. Ramsey would have to kick some major ass and Rayburn would have to really struggle in preseason for that to happen.

Greg Lewis, on the other hand, has pretty clearly set his parameters. He's not good enough to be a featured receiver, so if they want to clear room for someone with potential, the risk is lower.

Comment

I'm just speculating - I've heard nothing about Barber since he signed, and I think it's possible that he might show in TC that he doesn't have anything left in the tank. There's a logjam of mediocrity at OLB right now, I think Barber might wind up being the odd man out. Besides, I've always stood up for bow-tie. I think he takes more shit from the fans than he deserves.

As for Rayburn, I can't see us keeping more than 5 DTs on the roster, and I think it will be Patterson, Walker, Bunkley, Jasper and LaJuan Ramsey.

But yeah, these aren't my "surprise" picks for nothing...
                      I can see alot of surprises this year, and Barber and Rayburn could certainly go.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

IMK, it IS "surprise" cuts.......however I agree with you. Fraley should still have significant value to this team whether or not he wins the starting job. Rayburn should be set to peak in this defense, and I would move right past surprised if he were let go, to "shocked!"

Now if we are talking about getting cut, that's one thing. But if we consider TRADES, just about anyone is fair game.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"I've never understood the obsession with wanting to instantly jettison any player who has an off year. Happens on this board (counting the last board as this board) every offseason."

Bingo...I'll play one of my broken records one more time before the needle hits the groove and scratches...

Fraley was the CAPTAIN of a SB level OL in 2004 and was a high level center for years before that...Jackson is a raw product and cutting Fraley IMO would be extremely moronic...

As for suprise cuts, I will stick with one I have been saying since the draft...Bloom will not make the final roster IMO.

Others would be Simy & Pinky.
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I agree that Honeybuns is a decent backup and I wouldn't advocate him being cut necessarily. Let's come back to reality though in terms of him being a "high level center for years". He was a serviceable center who is poor in run blocking.

I mention him as a potential casualty in that if he is beat out by Jackson - I can see Reid (if Hank asks for it) giving him the opportunity to go start elsewhere.

Comment

These are surprise cuts right,,, not dumb cuts or smart cuts-- but surprise cuts.

Fraley would be a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                                I really think it would be silly to cut Hank Fraley. Even if Jackson wins the job, surely Honeybuns is good enough to be a backup. Fraley's still dirt cheap and has years of experience calling the signals. If he's willing, he could be a valuable mentor for Jackson.
                                As others have mentioned, my response naming Fraley as a possible surprise cut should not interpreted to mean that I am advocating that he be cut.

In looking at areas that team struggled with last season and considering the level of competion another player is providing, I picked Fraley as a possible surprise cut. I alos would be more than happy to see Fraley as a veteran teacher for a younger and more talented starter at center.

Comment

Working...
                                X