Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iverson off the block.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14032409/

I had hoped that BK would trade Iverson before he really starts breaking down but I guess that was asking too much. Another .500 season and another mid round draft pick bust.

Snider really needs to sell both the Sixers and Flyers because he blows as an owner.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Not surprising. King is too worried about getting fleeced, so he's asking for A LOT, and most teams want to acquire him for spare parts. I mean, look what the Heat gave up for Shaq.

Comment

Its a very difficult deal to do, a very tough situation to handle...I am not suprised BK was unable to pull something off...

He is trying to deal the best player the 76ers have had since Barkley and we know how the Barkley deal turned out...plus AI has a lot of salary to match up, a rep off the court unfair or not and is getting to that age when normally players slow down...if AI loses his speed, he is going to regress fast IMO.

I wanted him to retire as a 76er and still do so I am happy with this development, but I understand this will crimp the 76ers ability to add good players around him...I bet BK continues to listen to deals and can do it next season if they play poorly again or next off-season again etc. This will not end here...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

39-43
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

the one knock i have on the nba is how hard it is to rebuild.

such is life.
          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
            the one knock i have on the nba is how hard it is to rebuild.

such is life.
            that's one enormous knock, reese. it makes the nba unbearable most of the time for me. it's not just the rebuilding, the way deals are structured means that the players basically run the league. it's a joke.

Comment

Re: Iverson off the block.

Originally posted by Blitz
              Snider really needs to sell both the Sixers and Flyers because he blows as an owner.
              He doesn't own them, Comcast owns the teams and buildings. Snider, however, should have allowed Pat Croce to move into his job as chairman (I think that's the title?) of Comcast Spectator.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

You can rebuild if your team hasn't been run into the ground by bad contracts and aging players.

AI is back which means we'll be pressed to see 40 wins. Webber will get hurt for a long period of time, and it might be time that AI suffers a major injury as well.

Comment

This year without AI would have been ugly, but I think the bigger picture would have been easier to swallow. Now it's going to be (as you all have said) 39-43, rise, dry, repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                    He doesn't own them, Comcast owns the teams and buildings. Snider, however, should have allowed Pat Croce to move into his job as chairman (I think that's the title?) of Comcast Spectator.

Yeah my bad. For some reason I will always see Snider as the owner.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                      Snider calls all the shots there. He is the one putting the VPs, Exec VPs, GMs in place. He is for all intents and purposes, the owner.

Comment

Working...
                      X