No announcement yet.

Latest I could find on Maclin.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest I could find on Maclin.........

Monday, August 3, 2009
    Maclin: This Time For Real?
    This evening, the Denver Broncos announced they have reached agreement on a five-year contract with first-round pick Robert Ayers, a defensive end drafted 18th overall, one slot before the Eagles took wideout Jeremy Maclin.
    Earlier, a source close to the situation indicated Ayers' signing would be a key step in ending the Maclin impasse.
    Maclin has missed more than a week of camp. Previously, deals for other receivers, such as wideout Percy Harvin, taken 22nd by the Vikings, were thought to be keys to getting Maclin done, but Harvin signed Sunday and Maclin did not.
    When the Maclin deal is consummated, it likely will be for five years, as well.

The system of signing these rookies is ridiculous and needs to go. They really should have some rules that these guys must have their names on the dotted lines by the time that their teams camp opens or they (or even better their agents should pay a penalty) start losing money. There's just no reason for this bullshit to be happening.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
      The system of signing these rookies is ridiculous and needs to go. They really should have some rules that these guys must have their names on the dotted lines by the time that their teams camp opens or they (or even better their agents should pay a penalty) start losing money. There's just no reason for this bullshit to be happening.
      Strrange isn't it Zep? The owners habe pretty much gottem their way on everything over the years, yet they continually overlook this. Doesn't make sense.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

PFT is reporting that he agreed to a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rk-out-a-deal/

Comment

Originally posted by Browser View Post
          PFT is reporting that he agreed to a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rk-out-a-deal/
          Thanks--- Hope this is the real deal this time.

Comment

Les Bowen is reporting it as well. I think this is a done deal.

Comment

Now listed on the Eagles home page as "Breaking News" -- "Maclin signs a 5 year deal".

Now I believe it and am happy. Just hope he hasn't cost himself most of the 09 season.

Comment

Les Bowen is reporting it as well. I think this is a done deal.
                Either Bowen is being copied by PFT or Bowen is PFT's source-- doesn't matter I guess cause it is on the Eagles website.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Either Bowen is being copied by PFT or Bowen is PFT's source-- doesn't matter I guess cause it is on the Eagles website.
                  I guess it does not matter whose source is whose, as long as it is true. And since the Eagles site is reporting it, it is all good.

Comment

I don't think we should overreact. He has missed 4 or 5 practices and didn't he go to Las Vegas to work with McNabb and the boys.

Will be fine there and that sound you can here is Reggie Brown pulling his suitcase out of the closet at Lehigh Valley.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

From PFT:

"On the same day that the Eagles got some very bad news regarding linebacker Stewart Bradley, they've gotten some good news on the other side of the ball.

A league source tells us that the Eagles finally have agreed to terms with receiver Jeremy Maclin on a five-year deal.

Per the source, Maclin will pocket $9.5 million in guaranteed money.

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the deal has a total value of $15.5 million."

The question for me is, by how much does this deal differ from the initial offer of the Eagles. If the differences are minor, the agent (Jim Steiner) is a posturing asshole and Maclin has behaved foolishly for letting the agent put his self interest above that of Maclin.

I remain strongly in favor of an occasional public flogging of a randomly chosen sports agent.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Steiner's group wanted a three-year deal so they could renegotiate the next one quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          I don't think we should overreact. He has missed 4 or 5 practices and didn't he go to Las Vegas to work with McNabb and the boys.

Will be fine there and that sound you can here is Reggie Brown pulling his suitcase out of the closet at Lehigh Valley.
                          Personally, I think Baskett is the one in jeopardy. I think Brown makes it and I think they like Gibson. I think the receivers will be Jackson, Curtis, Avant, Maclin, Brown and if they keep a 6th it will be Gibson. Brown has been working on the ST's and that was really the only advantage Baskett had over him. Well, that and the fact that he goes home to Kendra at night.
                          Last edited by Browser; 08-04-2009, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Personally, I think Baskett is the one in jeopardy. I think Brown makes it and I think they like Gibson. I think the receivers will be Jackson, Curtis, Avant, Maclin, Brown and if they keep a 6th it will be Gibson. Brown has been working on the ST's and that was really the only advantage Baskett had over him. Well, that and the fact that he goes home to Kendra at night.
                            I think cutting Baskett is a big mistake. He is big enough to be a red zone target if we ever used him properly, but he is also by far our best blocking WR, especially when we get near the goalline. The few times he has been given a chance to start for whatever reason, he's been very productive. I'd honestly rather trade Brown or wait for Curtis to get injured, which for some reason seems likely.

Comment

I am still not writing off Danny Amendola. I think that guy is going to be a keeper for somebody, if not the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                              X