No announcement yet.

New DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with the pick, as long as he has experience as a d coordinator. All the guys are a crapshoot anyway. The ravens defense was mediocre and their offense ranked better than the D for the first time in years - and they won the Super Bowl. Has Romeo crennel done anything? Had Rob Ryan done anything? Who was Vic fangio until he got 18 first round picks on D and Jim harbaugh.

He might suck and at that time ill want him to be fired, until then we'll see

Comment

I agree with the overall sentiments. I was so ecstatic when we had Jim Washburn hired for the DL and Todd Bowles for the DBs and Howard Mudd for the OL and the list goes on (Dick Jauron for DBs). They all disappointed so a retread that I'm not overwhelmed with nor know much about may actually prove out to be a nice surprise. Lord knows we need it!

Comment

I wanted Monachino over Davis. But, Chip is the coach and I trust him until proven otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
          At least he has experience as a defensive coordinator (a condition that was not necessary in the recent past)!

LOL! True!

I'm not exactly psyched about it at this point either. The guys has certainly been around, up and down the league ranks for quite some time, but he never really achieved the kind of results that Chip claimed to want, SHUTOUTABILITY.

It's just one more "wait n see". At least we have the full picture now as to who the HC and Coordinators are going to be. Next....on to the roster!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm not too happy, but whatareyagonna do? Chip hasn't had a decent defense in his career, so why should we expect him to come up with one this year? Changes were needed in Philly, but I'm afraid this just might be another "lost decade".
            Last edited by Eagle60; 02-07-2013, 10:03 PM.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

About the same feeling. Lukewarm at best. There have been a lot of highly thought of guys come and go over the last few years and they didn't do anything so let's see what happens with a run of the mill guy.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

As long as we keep drafting fastballs we'll be fine there.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I will say one thing, I have absolutely no feel for this team and I think that is a good thing. Anxiously awaiting the moves to come and am excited about the draft. Now please send Vick packing.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    I will say one thing, I have absolutely no feel for this team and I think that is a good thing. Anxiously awaiting the moves to come and am excited about the draft. Now please send Vick packing.
                    Same here. But the change is so refreshing.

Comment

I have a bad feeling about Davis as the DC. There are so many options out there that would have made more sense than taking a guy to be your DC who has not had much success in previous stints as a DC. As the article in today's Inquirer points out, Davis' record shows just how dependent Coordinators are on the talent level on the field. Players matter more than scheme. That means that Howie had damn well better be as good as advertised at finding talent because if his record is any indication, Davis is not able to make lemonade out of a bunch of lemons. Between Davis and Roseman, I'm getting very nervous at the future of this team..... I really hope that Kelly is right in his selections.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        I have a bad feeling about Davis as the DC. There are so many options out there that would have made more sense than taking a guy to be your DC who has not had much success in previous stints as a DC. As the article in today's Inquirer points out, Davis' record shows just how dependent Coordinators are on the talent level on the field. Players matter more than scheme. That means that Howie had damn well better be as good as advertised at finding talent because if his record is any indication, Davis is not able to make lemonade out of a bunch of lemons. Between Davis and Roseman, I'm getting very nervous at the future of this team..... I really hope that Kelly is right in his selections.
                        one way or another,EFO should be hopping.We will either be on the bandwagon or positioning for a good spot so it can run us over.Chip better have his shit together,but I realize year 1 will be a changeover/remolding season,but if he can make lemonade out of apples,oranges and a few lemons, he will gain my respect until he has a team of lemons in place.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                        X