No announcement yet.

Contract extension thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this guy was brought up in some thread that I couldn't find so.. here it is!

K Graham Gano's deal with Carolina is for 4yrs, $12.4M, according to an NFL source, with a max of $13M

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      I don`t think the Steelers are over the cap now, the cap is set at 133 million which is 7 million more than most thought it would be. The Eagles even with the signings have 15 million or so spend, that is before an Avant (3.25), Chung (2.25) and Casey (3.9 are cut or restructured. They have the money to upgrade in free agency including adding a top guy if they want to. I don` t think there plan is to add big name guys, its to build via the draft, lock up your own players and build that way. That is a pretty tried an true way to do it.
      I'm watching NFL Network right now (Hello Molly!) and they put up the #'s on two Teams OVER the cap. As of today, Cowboys sit at $145 mil, & Steelers sit at $140 mil. Both Clubs need to work the #'s.
      The Birds do have the jingle if they want to offer Worilds a longterm deal that the Steelers simply can't match. He's my #1 Target.
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        I'm a firm believer that the offensive line is the most critical unit on the field. Therefore, I'm tickled that the O-line has been taken care of. It's huge.

But, they are still going to have to fix the defense. How many times have we seen, over the last decade or so, the offense put the team ahead late in a game, only to see the defense fail to make a critical stop, resulting in a loss. Last year's Saints playoff game is a perfect example. Unable to stop a drive for a game winning FG. It's not just that they can't get off the field on 3rd down, which keeps the offense on the pine. They have blown leads at the end of games more times than I can count, and they aren't going to win shit until they fix that.
        I agree with you. Just a couple comments though.

These signings represent talent that the team has now, is familiar with and have produced. Thus, good signings. I think we'd all agree that the talent on the other side of the ball that we'd like to lock up long term isn't necessarily already on the roster. Lock up what you have that you like then look outside for improvement.

I will be very disappointed if they don't upgrade at least one big name on the defense to supplement a defense heavy draft.

Comment

Working...
        X