Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaro let go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope every door in the complex hits him in the ass on the way out
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Only person that did a better job of ruining an empire........... Was Nero.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        Only person that did a better job of ruining an empire........... Was Nero.
        he got us close for 2 seasons after winning it all, he deserves credit for that, but since then they suck, he deserves credit for that too
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

He was left a championship team...... And he peoceeded to slowly institute a very defined breakdown... And most of us saw it coming. Good riddance.

Comment

Yep, good riddance. Don't wish ill to the man but he came in and took a team that was on top and rode them straight to the bottom. Wasn't all him but no other contributor comes close IMM.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Finally! At least a year too long in coming.

Largely as a result of Amaro, my interest in the Phils has really weakened over the last several years, which is remarkable in view of the fact that I'd been a rabid fan for 60 years though thick and thin...a whole lot of thin. As has been pointed out, Amaro is not solely responsible for the current sad state of the team but he is certainly the most visible and the most obviously over his head.

I watched virtually no baseball this year during the season but have been watching since the playoffs began. By coincidence, I'm watching the Rangers-Jays 2nd game and just saw a string bean lefty named Diekman blow 99 MPH heat by the Jays. Turns out he was part of the Hammels trade. Guy looks pretty good even if it did take him awhile to make the bigs.

So I'm wondering...what did we get back in the trade?

Comment

They have the first pick in the draft and with Rubin out of the picture I think they have a shot to actually do something good with that pick. If Rube was still here I would be certain they'd screw it up! Amaro was fired over a month ago now..... and I'm STILL smiling about it!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It's good to see that Gillick is concentrating on the draft for the organization in his post-presidency.

Comment

Working...
                  X