Draft Julian Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    I've seen 150 great players over the last 3 days. How the hell do you pick them in any kind of order? I know that these guys study all year but this seems like an impossible job.
    I agree. I only try to watch tape on guys I think fit the Eagles schemes

I imagine teams do the same. Who seemingly would fit and better the team

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      That’s the first pick I hate. I mean, is he any better than Nate?

Wasted pick on a 3rd QB
      We needed to draft a QB didn't we?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

5th Round - Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern - continuing in the fine tradition of Mike Kafka! I have watched a ton of NU football and like the pick at this point in the draft. Thorson seems like a good kid, very mature, got married a couple years ago. Terrible ACL injury in the bowl game after his junior year, so senior year was disappointing. That said, he has talent - a decent arm and some mobility. As he gets further removed from the injury, should settle in. Good developmental QB.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
          5th Round - Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern - continuing in the fine tradition of Mike Kafka! I have watched a ton of NU football and like the pick at this point in the draft. Thorson seems like a good kid, very mature, got married a couple years ago. Terrible ACL injury in the bowl game after his junior year, so senior year was disappointing. That said, he has talent - a decent arm and some mobility. As he gets further removed from the injury, should settle in. Good developmental QB.
          I saw him a couple of times and thought that he was a good QB. I missed the pick when it happened but I like it now that I know who it was.

Comment

We needed to draft a QB didn't we?
            I honestly think Thorson could be better than Daniel Jones. And yes, we need someone behind Studfeld.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
              I honestly think Thorson could be better than Daniel Jones. And yes, we need someone behind Studfeld.
              Me too. We play the Giants week 14 and week 17. Nice timing because Jones should be playing by then.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                That’s the first pick I hate. I mean, is he any better than Nate?

Wasted pick on a 3rd QB
                Remember Nate is only here for a year. He could be a backup next year. Its an OK pick. I don't hate it,and honestly I trust Doug in picking QB's
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I completely trust our FO. But, it's fun to second guess some of these moves. So, here are mine. There are 2 of them that I question.

Sanders: I am a PSU fan. So, I have seen him play a few times last season (TV not in person). My concern with drafting Sanders in the 2nd round has to due with his apparent lack of acceleration. In the NFL, holes close quickly. A lot of his college highlight runs had gaping holes to run through. Assuming that he learns how not to fumble and becomes a better blocker, he is a nice player. I just really worry that he seems slow out of the gate. Hopefully, this is due to the fact that he waits for holes to open up. But when they do, he just seems to lack that initial burst. I love the fact that he is hard to bring down and can drag people, at least in college.

Thorson: I do believe that this is an unnecessary wasted 5th round pick. Do we really need to draft a backup QB who most likely will not be starter or backup worthy ? I would rather fill the backup role right now with an established player who can fill in for Wentz when necessary for a game or two (hopefully just that).

I love the Dillard and JJ picks. I am on the fence about Miller being an NFL DE Maybe he can play some OLB for us.

Just MHO, which is pretty much worthless...LOL

Comment

Did Easton Stick get drafted?
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      I completely trust our FO. But, it's fun to second guess some of these moves. So, here are mine. There are 2 of them that I question.

Sanders: I am a PSU fan. So, I have seen him play a few times last season (TV not in person). My concern with drafting Sanders in the 2nd round has to due with his apparent lack of acceleration. In the NFL, holes close quickly. A lot of his college highlight runs had gaping holes to run through. Assuming that he learns how not to fumble and becomes a better blocker, he is a nice player. I just really worry that he seems slow out of the gate. Hopefully, this is due to the fact that he waits for holes to open up. But when they do, he just seems to lack that initial burst. I love the fact that he is hard to bring down and can drag people, at least in college.

Thorson: I do believe that this is an unnecessary wasted 5th round pick. Do we really need to draft a backup QB who most likely will not be starter or backup worthy ? I would rather fill the backup role right now with an established player who can fill in for Wentz when necessary for a game or two (hopefully just that).

I love the Dillard and JJ picks. I am on the fence about Miller being an NFL DE Maybe he can play some OLB for us.

Just MHO, which is pretty much worthless...LOL
                      Well, here we go again. I feel the same way that you do about Sanders and that's why I wanted Henderson who was the next rb off the board after him because he's a better home run hitter. I'm wondering if maybe he's a better blocker than Henderson because all of the draft knicks had Sanders rated so high.

Comment

Well, here we go again. I feel the same way that you do about Sanders and that's why I wanted Henderson who was the next rb off the board after him because he's a better home run hitter. I'm wondering if maybe he's a better blocker than Henderson because all of the draft knicks had Sanders rated so high.
                        I watch PSU as much as possible here in FL. I didn’t think Sanders warrants going so high based on what I saw. Just my opinion. Welcome to the Eagles Mr. Sanders!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          Remember Nate is only here for a year. He could be a backup next year. Its an OK pick. I don't hate it,and honestly I trust Doug in picking QB's
                          Nate the Great was a 6th round pick out of Indiana, if memory serves. Not sure why folks don’t think Thorson can develop - he has the physical tools, but clearly needs to refine mechanics and decision making.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                            Did Easton Stick get drafted?
                            Yes. Chargers traded up ahead of us and took him. Then we took Thorson

Comment

Dawk, you finally got your Wilkens along with an unbelievable story with it

https://expo.nj.com/sports/erry-2018...s-life-st.html

Comment

I am just sorry that we won’t see Amani Hooker get it on with Long, Cox, but at least he will be playing with Titan (Austin) Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                                X