Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the future of this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the future of this season?

There are two words that I'm refusing to use............but sometimes, this team looks lethal.

How do you feel about this team?

Me personally? Because of the injuries and the shuffling on offense and defense, I can't say "way more optimistic!!!" But some days, especially how they've brought it together and kept it together, I think we can beat anybody, and that even includes the freaking Colts or Saints. Damn them all to hell, anybody who gets in our way over the next two months.
    Way more optimistic than at the start of the year!
    14.29%
    More optimistic than at the start of the year.
    35.71%
    I've felt the same since day 1!
    35.71%
    I'm not as optimistic as I was at day 1.
    14.29%
    Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-18-2009, 07:09 PM.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

More optimistic than at the start.

Comment

This is the kind of team nobody wants to play, because on a good day, they can beat anybody.

It's also the toughest kind of team to root for, because they can lose to anybody, too.

I was pretty optimistic at the start of the year... I'm way more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago, when I was pretty much crushed and thought we were dead in the water.
      E A G L E S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I thought the Eagles would finish 8-8 in 2009 and I wasn't optimistic at all at the start of the season, so I'm a lot more optimistic. The Eagles should make the second round of the playoffs and have a decent shot of playing in the NFC Championship Game. Doing better than that is unlikely but not inconceivable.

Comment

The Eagles are about where I thought they would be. I think that I had them at 10-6. However, that was before all the injuries. I never would have thought that Maclin and McCoy would step up like they have. Weaver has been more than advertised. Celek is playing almost Witten-like. The O line has not been a problem, despite the fact that both the Andrews brothers have been non-existent.

IMO, the success of the rest of the season depends on how well the 'D' plays from here on out. Is Trotter going to be exposed ? Will anybody get pressure on the QB other than Cole ? Is Asante willing to tackle someone when the playoffs start ?

Comment

Our offense is lethal. Our defense has big holes in it.

IMO, we are the fourth best team in the NFC - behind NO, Minn and AZ.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, so I wouldn't rule us out of the NFC Championship game. But, a lot of things would have to go right for us.

I also believe that, up to this point, Andy Reid has done a superb job in molding this team - blending all the disparate pieces (like Michael Vick) into a cohesive whole. He also appears to have learned from his past mistakes and improved in areas such as clock management and utilizing the ground game. Lets hope he remembers these lessons and doesn't revert to the pass happy coach who wastes timeouts and makes senseless challenges.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I had big expectations,but now the defense scares me. Offensively we can score on anyone,but anyone with a TE and a strong RB can be lethal to this team.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

At the beginning of the year I thought that they would go 11-5. So they are right about where I thought they would be. Now if I knew at the beginning of the year Westbrook and Curtis would be out all of that time, I might have adjusted my pick. Nice to see they overcame those and other injuries. It will be fun to see how deep they can go in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                X