No announcement yet.

The All-Purpose Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Revis gone to the Bucs, the Jets are sitting at #9 and #13, and the Titans at #10. Titans are supposedly a lock to draft Milliner if he gets to them, but maybe the Jets are now poised to grab him.

Would love to deal the #4 to Tennesee in exchange for the #10 plus next year's 1st rounder. Not sure the Titans will consider that though.

Comment

Originally posted by longsnapper View Post
      With Revis gone to the Bucs, the Jets are sitting at #9 and #13, and the Titans at #10. Titans are supposedly a lock to draft Milliner if he gets to them, but maybe the Jets are now poised to grab him.

Would love to deal the #4 to Tennesee in exchange for the #10 plus next year's 1st rounder. Not sure the Titans will consider that though.
      What if the team packaged Maclin in that deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
        What if the team packaged Maclin in that deal?
        There's not much love for MacLin these days. I don't know how I feel about him myself. He's decent I guess, but not the stud that I thought he would be when we drafted him. I still want to keep him around unless Casey and Benn explode on the scene.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Maclin is like many others on the team. They're okay but you really shouldn't bet your game on them.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

He mirrors the team he has been playing for. UNDERACHIEVER.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I love Maclin. He is still just 24 and averages 60 catches 900 yards and 6-7 td's a year. All with a mess at QB since he has been here. IMHO he may be as ready to explode as anyone on this offense. Trading him would be a huge mistake

Comment

He could blossom now, and I am sure that that is what we are all hoping for. But Chipster (tm) has brought in a bunch of additional WR's already and you have to think that he is looking for something that he doesn't see on the current roster. Or simply that he believe competition is good and will push these starters we have now to get their asses in gear and to work and learn his system.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I am with Dawk. I don't understand teh love for DJ and hate for Maclin. From a consistency basis, Maclin has outperformed DJ; the exception being special teams. Regardless, he is a good WR. Is he a #1 - no, but neither is DJ. I think Chip knows he needs more size at WR and he will be using DJ less or more as a wildcard. Keep him fresh and give him a few touches per game like he did with the small kid from Oregon last year that lit thingk up when he touched the ball. I just think that as DJ gets beat up a little he slows down a bit and looses his biggest asset.

Comment

kyfred, one of the things that irks me about Maclin is how easily he goes down and how he obviously avoids contact wherever possible, almost Pinkston-esque. I can understand it with a guy DJ's size, but expect Maclin to have a little more ball sack.

But don't take this as an endorsement on my part of DJ. BOTH guys need to prove something to me. I am hoping that Chip can bring the best out of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X