Predictions for Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for Tonight

Tough first game draw for the Eagles. I believe the Redskins are the best team in the division. What I think will happen.

1. The Eagles defense will not look good. The Eagles have switched systems from a 4-3 wide nine to a 3-4. The Redskins offensive line is a good one and its returning the same starters as last year. There is something to be said for continuity. Alfred Morris will be able to pretty much at will at the Eagles especially running straight at Trent Cole. In fact they ran straight at Trent Cole alot last year. However Shannahan is going to anxious to see Griffen throw the ball and that will result in the Eagles keeping the game close for the first 3 quarters.

2. The Eagles offense will have its moments that they will look very good, and its moments where they will be confused. The last we saw Mike Vick he didn't look so good in the 3rd preseason game after looking like Super man in the first two. The answer to how he will play wll be somewhere inbetween. However the Eagles sport a pretty good offensive line themselves, it has its IF, If Peters stays healthy, IF Heremens can transition to RG and IF Lane Johnson doesn't play like a rookie. They will open up the ground game which is a bread and butter of Chip Kelly.

3. The Eagles special teams have been real good in the preseason and I believe they will be just as good tonight.

Overall I see a 28-17 Redskins win, I actually see the Eagles out in front by the end of the third quarter 17-14, but Griffen shakes off the rust and a long run by Morris puts this game out of reach.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I agree with your points, but I think #1 will be much worse than you do. I also think Vick will be inconsistant but good enough to put more points on the board

Final Score Washington 45 Phila 27
    I really hope I am wrong!

Comment

55-49 Birds!

Comment

I see a skins win but with a much higher score.... Foreskins 35, Eagles 31
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I am at a point right now where I just want to see an entertaining game. I know our defense is going to piss me off, LOL! but I want to see our offense sparkle. THat may be tough when we are starting Riley Cooper at one of the outside spots, and our TE's cant seem to catch footballs. Shady will have some moments, but I expect their defense to key on him and know that if they stop our run, we are toast. That is what I am expecting. However I would be much entertained, even in a loss, if Chip Kelly's offense creates some real fireworks....and POINTS!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

-Our defense will get shredded from the start.
            -Our offense will rack up lots of yards, but make too many mistakes to keep up.
            -Vick will be responsible for most of those mistakes.
            -The game will never really be in doubt.

Skins 34 - 24

Comment

If RG3 gets injured (and he'll probably get injured at some point this season), I'll yell (or at least quietly say, depending on how many Redskins fans are around me) "Down goes Griffin! Down goes Griffin! Down goes Griffin!"

Comment

If the games tonight are anything like yesterdays turds they both will suck...

Anyway...

The Skins should kill us, but they won't. We will be in this the entire way then pull it off in the end. Birds 38 Skins 34.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  -Our defense will get shredded from the start.
                  -Our offense will rack up lots of yards, but make too many mistakes to keep up.
                  -Vick will be responsible for most of those mistakes.
                  -The game will never really be in doubt.

Skins 34 - 24
                  ditto
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

-Defense's struggles continue as they convert to 3-4.
                    -Vick will try to do too much and have a costly turnover or two.
                    -Redskins 38-27

Comment

Boooooooo! booo on all you naysayers!

Comment

I like the Birds to win this game tonight. RG111 will be rusty & will need a couple of games to get rolling. Chip kept the O "plain vanilla" in preseason & will catch the 4skins off guard. Don't head to the fridge for a cold beer when the Eagle O is on the field. This should be a high scoring game with two bad defenses. Birds win 34-31.
                        LET'S GO BIRDS!!!
                        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

37-27 skins red zone will continue to kill us and third down defense
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Skins rush for over 300 yards. Eagles turn it over 3 times. Popper gets hammered.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I have no idea.

Chip is one smart guy but our talent level on D is worse than it has ever been. We need to win on offense and special teams.

I could see us losing 41-27 or winning 27-20 if we can somehow get some breaks.
                              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X