Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
    You can't trade Maclin.

It's bad timing for DJax but the reality is that the Eagles can convert some salary into a roster bonus and give him the $ now instead of over the course of this year and they'd probably be able to restructure to actually save some cap space. I'd just hate to do it now after he spoke out.
    Maclin's a free agent, is he not?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      You can't trade Maclin.

It's bad timing for DJax but the reality is that the Eagles can convert some salary into a roster bonus and give him the $ now instead of over the course of this year and they'd probably be able to restructure to actually save some cap space. I'd just hate to do it now after he spoke out.
      That's fine but I'd still rather get rid of him and get the same guy in D'Anthony Thomas in the 7th round from Oregon.

DJax DISAPPEARED last game - he is not a #1 and should not be paid as such.

Thank you for the walk off punt - now GTFO

Comment

The real issue is that he switched agents and his agent doesn't get any money until DeSean gets paid. Therefore, its in the best interest of Segal to get a new deal and agents don't make statements about new contracts, the players do. According to eaglescap, his number next year is $12M so guaranteeing it gets both parties paid now, which is ultimately what they want.

Comment

“This year I went out there, no distractions, and really went out there for my team and had a lot of success,” he said. “We’ll see how it goes.”

So you want another raise for doing your job and NOT BEING AN ASSHOLE. What a world.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            “This year I went out there, no distractions, and really went out there for my team and had a lot of success,” he said. “We’ll see how it goes.”

So you want another raise for doing your job and NOT BEING AN ASSHOLE. What a world.
            That's because it was really, really tough for him to do and he wants to be paid for who difficult it was.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
              The real issue is that he switched agents and his agent doesn't get any money until DeSean gets paid. Therefore, its in the best interest of Segal to get a new deal and agents don't make statements about new contracts, the players do. According to eaglescap, his number next year is $12M so guaranteeing it gets both parties paid now, which is ultimately what they want.
              This IMO is the heart of the matter. His new agent wants him to get a new deal so he can also benefit. Perhaps if the team converts some salary into signing bonus it may become win-win for all concerned. It will reduce the cap hit, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                9th in the league in receiving and 8th highest contract for a WR

sounds like the current deal is perfect

also sounds like Harvin and Bowe are way overpaid
                That's what I was going to say. Usually when a player starts talking about renegotiating, he is legitimately underpaid compared to his peers, but the thought is always "Well...you signed the contract." However, in this case, he's not really even underpaid. Seems like he's getting paid exactly what other top notch receivers are getting around the league. 1 good year after a year of dogging it, hardly seems like reason for a team to now OVER pay for his services.

Comment

It appears to me that he's seeking guaranteed money, and not necessarily a raise. Unless I missed something.

Comment

To speculate, what compensation might the Eagles garner for him in a trade?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                      It appears to me that he's seeking guaranteed money, and not necessarily a raise. Unless I missed something.
                      That's what I took from it as well- he just wants the money set for next year guaranteed. Does he really think he's going to get cut in March??

Comment

No, but when you are Deseans size....eventually you know someone is going to break you in half.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          No, but when you are Deseans size....eventually you know someone is going to break you in half.
                          All he has to do is make the team and be on the roster for the first game to get next season's pay. I suppose they could rework the rest of his contract if it would benefit the club too. He'd probably be happy with that. Seeing as though he's a piece of work I'm not sure the Birds would be willing t
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

If I'm the Birds, I gotta seriously consider telling the guy to pound sand. He can still earn over 30 mil in the next 3 years . I would consider the lack of effort and how easily he seems to be taken out of the game by physical or just plain good DBs. Also how he flat out quit for an entire season the last time he felt he earned a raise. A trade would probably only bring a 4th in return, but in this draft,if you find a guy who is smart enough to make reads, runs good routes with good YAC ability, I say send him packing if he doesn't like the present situation.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If you could get the chiefs second rounder for him do it.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X