No announcement yet.

Free Agent Wish List Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also see the Birds appear to be very interested in Safety Antoine Bethea (Colts). Hope that works out for us.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I almost don't give a shit about free agents anymore. We got pretty lucky with them last year. I kind of figure that we should quit while we're ahead.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I almost don't give a shit about free agents anymore. We got pretty lucky with them last year. I kind of figure that we should quit while we're ahead.
        Well, you should give a shit Popper. This is the time of the year that Clubs are put together to win a SB. IMO, we're a year away but damn close for the following year. I had no faith in Banner but Howie has shown to be a damn sharp GM. I have trust in the fact that both Howie & Chip are doing their homework on all of the FA's available.
        GO BIRDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
          Well, you should give a shit Popper. This is the time of the year that Clubs are put together to win a SB. IMO, we're a year away but damn close for the following year. I had no faith in Banner but Howie has shown to be a damn sharp GM. I have trust in the fact that both Howie & Chip are doing their homework on all of the FA's available.
          GO BIRDS!!!
          I know, but I see the negatives too. Throw a lot of jing at a new guy, and everybody else starts saying "what about me?" There goes your good chemistry. And it's not like we are only one player away from being great. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

just give me Revis and Jenkins in Free Agency'

and Dee Ford in the first round

and our D will be locked and loaded and the O already is

and resign Donnie Jones and figure out what to do with Henery

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
              just give me Revis and Jenkins in Free Agency'

and Dee Ford in the first round

and our D will be locked and loaded and the O already is

and resign Donnie Jones and figure out what to do with Henery
              Jones is a must!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Jones is a must!
                From BGN

Due to the rules of the CBA, the Eagles can't officially re-sign Donnie Jones to anything more than the veteran minimum until the new league year starts on Tuesday, March 11. Given Jones' success with the Eagles last year, it's hard to imagine a scenario where he isn't brought back. A Jones deal only seems like a matter of time at this point.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I like the Jenkins signing and now I am going to get greedy and hope they sign Ware and Revis. Go ahead and tell me I'm nuts but damn it would sure be a fun day watching the defense on Sundays!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Birds had to wait until 4:01 today & he signed a 3 yr deal. I also like the Jenkins signing because of his diversity. He came out of OSU as a CB & was moved to safety so he can cover inside, slot, or TE players. Bill Davis does like diversity.
                    The guy that was released & has to wait until June 1st (for cap reasons) that I like is LaMarr Woodley (Pitt). He'll be 30 in November but has played OLB for 8 yrs with the Steelers. He was the reason why Pitt had to put the transition tag on Jason Worilds. He simply got caught in cap hell.
                    I think Woodley would be a great compliment to Barwin. He can play the run & get after the QB. Guess we'll have to wait & see.

Comment

Woodley in a downward spiral IMO, just say no
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Does anyone know much on McCoud from atl? They released him today and he may offer another option

Comment

here you go kyfred, doesn't sound to promising

Report: Falcons To Cut Safety Thomas DeCoud

By Dave Choate@TheFalcoholic on Mar 11 2014, 4:04p 58
                          Kevin C. Cox

× Get the latest Atlanta Falcons news with The Falcoholic!

Follow The Falcoholic on Twitter

The longtime Falcons safety is out the door.
                          The Falcons will be looking for a new free safety this offseason.

So a matter of minutes.
                          The DeCoud cut frees up $3 million in cap space, with $1.8 million in dead money left on the 2014 team salary cap. This was perhaps the most inevitable move of the entire 2014 offseason after DeCoud suffered through a miserable 2013 season with the Falcons in what was essentially a prove-it year. The Falcons will likely use the saved salary cap space to chase a free agent replacement, shoring up a secondary that was otherwise a bright spot for Atlanta last year.
                          Some team will gladly give DeCoud a contract in the hopes that he'll regain his ballhawking form down the line. Iffy angles and questionable coverage was always a part of the package with the veteran safety, but the turnovers and big plays helped mitigate that. Without them, 2013 stands out as easily the worst year of his career, but he'll be just 29 years old this season and should land a free agent deal with a chance to start elsewhere. If he can get the turnovers flowing, he should be an asset again for another team.
                          DeCoud finishes up his six year career in Atlanta with 375 tackles, 3 sacks, 28 pass deflections and 14 interceptions over 89 games. While unfortunately his 2013 season will be what many fans remember, DeCoud had a couple of quality years and was an exciting player and great locker room presence during better times. We wish him well, wherever he lands.
                          Stay tuned, as we'll have a career retrospective sometime tomorrow. Weigh in on the release here.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            Woodley in a downward spiral IMO, just say no
                            Not so sure about that MM. After he signed a $61 mil deal in 2011, he couldn't stay on tthe field due to hamstring problems. The knock on him was that he wasn't in shape. Now, if the Birds sign him & put him in Chip's offseason program, his ass WILL be in shape & could be a very productive OLB. The Sports Science Program that Chip & Shaun Huls have brought in has (so far) proven to be very successful. At this point it truly is up to Woodley but if he gets his head on straight AND commits to staying in shape, he "could" be the answer at OLB along with Trent Coles.

Comment

I'm dying here waiting for more activity.

Comment

How about Dominic Chromartie?

Comment

Working...
                                X