Avant released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant released

Thanks to one of the true professionals and best teammates this franchise has ever seen.

We all saw it coming, but it still hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      Thanks to one of the true professionals and best teammates this franchise has ever seen.
      Well said!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Comment

Great guy off the field & in the locker room but production on the field just wasn't there. Thanks Jason & Good Luck moving forward (or in retirement).
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
            Great guy off the field & in the locker room but production on the field just wasn't there. Thanks Jason & Good Luck moving forward (or in retirement).
            Bingo !!

Comment

One of my favorites.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I hope he retires. That way he could come back later in the year if we need him.
                Last edited by Eagle60; 03-04-2014, 01:42 PM.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

What an outstanding Eagle, I'm really sad to see him go.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Nice words from Jeff:

“There have not been any players who have represented the Philadelphia Eagles with more class and dignity than Jason Avant. Whether it was in the locker room, on the playing field or in the community, he has always been a true professional, a role model and a winner every step of the way. On behalf of the entire organization, I wish Jason and his wife Stacy, and their two daughters, nothing but the best as he continues his fine career.”

- Jeffrey Lurie
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I see him signing on with a young team in need of character. Miami may be a good fit. His character and ability to play some ST may land him elsewhere.

Comment

This really saddens me.

I have often been accused of getting too attached to the "players" as opposed to just rooting for the jersey, but I can't help it. These are actually people wearing those jerseys, and some of them seem like some pretty good friggin folks. And Jason is right up top, there. God bless you, Jason. I'm sure that He will, wherever you end up.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          This really saddens me.

I have often been accused of getting too attached to the "players" as opposed to just rooting for the jersey, but I can't help it. These are actually people wearing those jerseys, and some of them seem like some pretty good friggin folks. And Jason is right up top, there. God bless you, Jason. I'm sure that He will, wherever you end up.
                          Yup, he's one of those guys that you just admire.

Comment

Sad day... I wish him well not matter what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
                              Sad day... I wish him well not matter what he does.
                              Ya know, I've heard that a few times today Ike. In truth, I'm sure that Jason wishes you well, and that the last thing that he needs is well wishers because he'll do just fine on his own no matter what he does. He's just a genuine class act.

Comment

Working...
                              X