I'm in a Dawkins mood......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in a Dawkins mood......

Since I have mentioned his name in two of my recent posts, clearly the man is on my mind.....

I just wanted to make note of something real quick. He has gotten some props for the sack last week, but an equally impressive play I have not seen receive mention. When he came across the field to REJECT a pass on 3rd down. Just smashed the ball out of the air, and he was flyin'. That was an absolute thing of beauty (reminded me of something my boy Bobby would do). Just a great play by a washed up has-been.

Keep it goin, BDawk!!!!!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Dawk and to me in some ways Trotter (OH CRAP HERE COME THE APOLOGIST BASHING!) have been made to look real bad this year because of inferior counterparts not doing their jobs...

...Dawk is carrying his end of the deal right now.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

This is a guy who's giving effort........

http://www.bleedingreen.com/images/dawkflybig.jpg
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

This is a picture I took the day of the FALCONS/EAGLES NFCCG:

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Re: I'm in a Dawkins mood......

Originally posted by FRESH
          Since I have mentioned his name in two of my recent posts, clearly the man is on my mind.....

I just wanted to make note of something real quick. He has gotten some props for the sack last week, but an equally impressive play I have not seen receive mention. When he came across the field to REJECT a pass on 3rd down. Just smashed the ball out of the air, and he was flyin'. That was an absolute thing of beauty (reminded me of something my boy Bobby would do). Just a great play by a washed up has-been.

Keep it goin, BDawk!!!!!
          I kind of mentioned this in the other thread about Roy Williams being NFCDPOW. Dawk basically ended the Redskins' two final drives with that pass break-up and sack. He deserves as much praise as anyone for preserving that win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            Dawk and to me in some ways Trotter (OH CRAP HERE COME THE APOLOGIST BASHING!) have been made to look real bad this year because of inferior counterparts not doing their jobs...

...Dawk is carrying his end of the deal right now.
            Dawkins has been super, and would be pro bowl this year easily if the eagles had any kind of pass rush. Having no rush really exposes a secondary. As for Trotter...he gets "A" for effort, but I've seen him out of position on many opposing rushes right up the gut that have gone for big gains or at least given the runner a clear shot to the safeties. I've also observed some plays where he absolutely has had no acceleration. That said, I think the front line has underperformed and thus exposes Trotter as well.
            Sonny J

Comment

Not to throw water and I will admit that Dawkins stepped it up this past week but he's definitely lost a step. He has taken bad angles in the run game and missed way more tackles than I am accustomed to seeing from him. He still ranks right up there as one of my favorite Eagles of all time. He shows flashes of brilliance at times. I just don't see that he brings that sustained level of play any longer. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                He has taken bad angles in the run game and missed way more tackles than I am accustomed to seeing from him.
                This is true, sad to say. I'm guessing his replacement will be selected in the 07 draft.

That said, he made some HUGE plays to preserve that win on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                  That said, he made some HUGE plays to preserve that win on Sunday.
                  Word!

Comment

stevemc is off my Xmas list.

Comment

Working...
                    X