Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimism...overtaking...me...and...I...can't...control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said I would smile at getting into the playoffs. don't give a damn about draft order right now. But if we squeek into the playoffs, and play Dallas, or Seattle or whoever, and get drubbed 35-3, I'm still gonna be ticked off at this season. And consider it prety much garbage.

That's just me.

Now, get into the playoffs and actually CONTEND???? THEN I see the value, not simply for me, but for the team.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

First of all I am entitled to watching the Giants lose in every possible way. I hate the freakin Giants! I know it is irrational but I just can't stand them. Secondly after watching teams like Baltimore, St Louis, New England, win SB's the past few years I feel like what the hell is going on? How in the hell does lightning strike for these teams and not the team I have cheered all of my life. But it also has to do with all the teams in Philadelphia! How putrid an existence of team sports can one city have? Now after all that this weekend is one where optimism is always intertwined with anger and dread because it is the Giants. So many times I have watched an Eagles-Giants game and said one team will kill the other and then the opposite happens. Plus never have two teams had more strange and bizarre games then these two leaving both sides going what the hell was that? So I can see a win but I can also see a 26 yrd FG blocked and returned for what appears to be the game winning TD only to see the returner drop the ball and it picked up by the opposing team and run in for a score and no one in the stadium or watching on TV can believe what they just saw!
      I miss Philly!

Comment

Originally posted by Arch

When the season started, I had "SB or BUST" expectations. I wanted to believe last year was just a combination of SB hangover and McNabb being hobbled all year before even worse injuries settled in.

After realizing our D was way below expectations and our whole team was getting themselves into whacky losses literally on the last play of the game, I'm absolutely thrilled we have something to play for right now.

I would absolutely value and cherish a WC berth with a first or second round loss if it gave all the young players on this team some valuable experience and something to build on next year. I value that much more than this "play to lose for higher draft pick" nonsense I see peddled around these boards.
        Exactly! Perfect!

And that is all I said in my first post here and it was the only point I was making in reference to 55's quote.

But then it gets turned into something totally else, and then the sarcasm starts.

Sad.

Comment

Here's hoping the Eagles do pull it off. They are capable.

Comment

I thought they'd get creamed by the Panthers.

I had a bad feeling about the game vs. the Skins.

I can't see how they would beat the Giants this weekend.

Hopefully the pattern continues.

Comment

A sense of entitlement, or complacency? Hmmm. Gents, we are all entitled to an opinion. No one is really wrong here. However, pragmatism and perspective should be exercised in this situation. I guess that one could say that's my opinion.

Peace.

Comment

Anytime we beat those bastards from New York is fine for me!!! As far as our beloved Birds and their Swiss Cheese defense goes-who knows? Cinncy's D couldn't stop squat until a month ago-now look at them. I sure hope lightening can strike the same spot twice!
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We give up 200 yards a game like there's no tomorrow. Your kidding right? We may get shredded for 300 yards. I'm glad we've won two, but let's get real this D blows the Goat.
                  Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                    We give up 200 yards a game like there's no tomorrow. Your kidding right? We may get shredded for 300 yards. I'm glad we've won two, but let's get real this D blows the Goat.
                    Cinncy's was worse nc. How do you explain their turn around? Remember how bad our offense was in 2003?

Hey, I agree with you 99.99999999999999999999999999999%. Here's hoping Big Fella.

Comment

I'm looking at a playoff run. You cannot get it going if you cannot stop the run. The Colts may be that exception, but even they're getting hammered with those 200 yard + games. I want a SB. You cannot do that with this D: PERIOD.

The Skin's are a "BAD" football team. 400 + yards? 200 + yards on the ground? L Betts? Give me a break, without horrible QB play we get beat. Credit Garcia and the O, but the D sucks and with two big plays can win a game vs a shitty team, but in the long haul it's not good enough.

So now we're settling for beating a middling Gints team as exciting? Sounds like mediocrity to me.
                      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                        I'm looking at a playoff run. You cannot get it going if you cannot stop the run. The Colts may be that exception, but even they're getting hammered with those 200 yard + games. I want a SB. You cannot do that with this D: PERIOD.

The Skin's are a "BAD" football team. 400 + yards? 200 + yards on the ground? L Betts? Give me a break, without horrible QB play we get beat. Credit Garcia and the O, but the D sucks and with two big plays can win a game vs a shitty team, but in the long haul it's not good enough.

So now we're settling for beating a middling Gints team as exciting? Sounds like mediocrity to me.
                        Of course you're right nc. But I do live in western Mass. (Giant country). Fuck'em.

Comment

Arch, that was a very good post.

Going into the season, I really thought this team was going to be better than most thought, but I really didn't forsee the defense developing the issues that it has. I thought the D was going to bounce back this year, and the offense would fly with McNabb returning, especially after adding Stalworth to get that verticle stretch. I was about half right.

Our defense is terrible up front. Part of that is losing Kearse, but that's not all of it by a long shot. Ours is not a championship caliber defense. I know people like to use the Steelers as an example of a team overachieving in the playoffs, but their defense was much better than ours is right now.

That being said, I think being in the playoff hunt, without 5 in the lineup is more than I expected at this point. I'm just going to root like hell to win every week, and hope they overachieve, because I can get behind that. Look at Garcia. He's playing his guts out, and I enjoy seeing that.

I don't see a Championship in the forecast at this point. But, we've got a lot of young players on the roster that can use the seasoning, and with a strong offseason, we can really rebound quickly.

In the meantime, take it one game at a time. Just win, and enjoy it. And, if we can bump the G-strings or Cowturds out along the way, that's just gravy. And, even with a $hitty defense, we can still upset someone in the playoffs. You just never know...

Comment

Exactly EB and Arch, it doesn't mean your settling or that you don't have passion, it's making the best out of what we can reasonably expect at this point. It's making the rest of the season have some meaning, and maybe even trying to get a bit of enjoyment and entertainment out of what could(and might still be) a very bad year.

I choose to look at it as a chance for the 6 and 10 team to show improvement and possibly allow for some hope that the improvement will continue next year. So IMO, yeah improving enough to make the playoffs, after all we have seen this year, is something to want and to hope for and IMO would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X