No announcement yet.

Ronnie Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 yr, 1M deal with some incentives....great signing. So proud how the Eagles set themselves up for this off-season and showed once again how good planning & cap management provides the opportunity for quality shopping like this...and none of these deals are prohibitive...figure out RT and bring me a LB and we could be ready to roll...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Great signing. Now, let's lock up DJax and we're ready to roll.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
        Great signing. Now, let's lock up DJax and we're ready to roll.
        Good call, figure out RT, get me a LB, extend Vick/DJax and lets roll....

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
          Good call, figure out RT, get me a LB, extend Vick/DJax and lets roll....
          Your wish is their command. They just announced the signing of former Bronco starting RT Ryan Harris. OMG. More?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
            Oh crap. I just realized - Fat Andy is already devising ways to run the wildcat with Brown. Crap.
            AR is already drawing up plays with DJAX,VY,Brown,and Vick all handling the ball in a wildcat formation. God I hate the fucking wildcat !!!!!!
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Nice signing, done cheaply, good fit. Bravo FO!
              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2011/08/...n-free-agancy/

From Jimmy Kempski...

Eagles – Signed Ronnie Brown.
                Really nice fit for the Eagles. Big back at 6’0, 230, that can run, catch, block, and be utilized in the Wildcat, which the Eagles like to mess around with from time to time. Brown reportedly had several offers that would have paid him more money than what the Eagles offered, but he wanted to play in Philly, and signed a very low 1 year, $1 million contract. Consider that Marion Barber signed a 2 year deal with the Bears worth $5 million, and Brown’s deal is an absolute steal.

Brown is known partly for his durability issues, although I was somewhat surprised to see that he has played in 76 of a possible 96 games (just shy of 80%) as a pro. If he can stay healthy, he’s a great backup option to LeSean McCoy. The Eagles also drafted Dion Lewis out of Pitt in the 5th round, and can now take their time letting him develop.

Comment

wearing No. 36.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                    wearing No. 36.
                    *gulp*....not sure I like that to be honest.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Love this signing (again!)! Finally, we have a runner who can punch it in!
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                        *gulp*....not sure I like that to be honest.

Apparently it's temporary. RB's can only have numbers between 21-49 and literally every other number was taken.
                        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                        X