Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McNabb: Justified in his complaints or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please understand I think McNabb was a great QB for a window of time. But he's not a HOF and his arguments about why he has failed to win the Super Bowl never seem to end up pointing any blame at himself. Which is crap.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
      The only really valid comparison there is Brady. Only Brady's receivers, over time, have been as pedestrian as ours. Manning's biggest weapons are easily his superstar WR's - Collie, Garcon and Harrison had 240 catches last year, but Harrison had almost half of those. Rhodes and Addai had only 20 catches total, so Manning's really not making them look that great.

I mean....McNabb had Westbrook? Well....so what? When you're a pass-first team (sometimes, a pass-pass-pass team) and one of your top receiving weapons is a running back, your passing game's got a problem, even when that RB is Westy.

Westbrook was a game changer out of the backfield. A triple threat that made everyone better.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        The lack of talent argument is half legit. Should the Eagles FO have gone out and gotten better talent during his prime years? Yep. However, even with superior talent, McNabb and Co were still unable to win two big games: Tampa Bay and Carolina. Nobody is gonna tell me we were not a better team than those two shitstain franchises.
        We had beaten Tampa regularly prior to that 2002 NFCCG so yes we were the favorites, but they were peaking during that playoff run especially the D, beat us in every facet and completely destroyed Oakland. I think they were the better team at that time.

Carolina was the one we should have won IMV, but we lost Westbrook to injury prior to the game and McNabb suffered rib cartilage damage at the end of the 1st half (thanks Greg Favors). McNabb and the 3-headed monster had been the offense that year, our WR were pretty bad and with two of the key cogs down we just could not score points.

Carolina came within an eyelash of beating the dominant Pats in the SB so one could hardly call them a bad or even mediocre team.
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
          Please understand I think McNabb was a great QB for a window of time. But he's not a HOF and his arguments about why he has failed to win the Super Bowl never seem to end up pointing any blame at himself. Which is crap.
          I can agree with that, he has accountability syndrome to some degree since he's been blamed for so much I think he struggles to accept any more....however if he wins a ring I think he is a HOF.

The issue with the SB has been debated endlessly, but again without McNabb's 375 yards and 3 TD that day, we're not even in the game. He was running for his life all day long since the run game was shut down by the Pats and they blitzed relentlessly. The 3 INT hurt too, but with the pressure he was under and the quality of that Pats D it was somewhat understandable.

Not to mention once again our D never caused a turnover and could not stop the Pats several times when they needed to.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Westbrook was a game changer out of the backfield. A triple threat that made everyone better.
            I'm not denying Westy's talent, but look at it this way.....

During DMac's time here, he's had two weapons who've been All-Pro:
            Westbrook in '06, Owens in '04.
            In addition to that, but for Pro Bowls only: Chad Lewis 3, plus Westy and DJax, a total of 5 Pro Bowl seasons.

For Manning's time with the Colts, they've been armed to the teeth:
            Marvin Harrison 3x All-Pro, plus 5 other Pro Bowls
            Reggie Wayne 1x All-Pro, 4 other PB's
            Edgerrin James, 1x All-Pro, 3 other PB's
            Dallas Clark, 1x All-Pro
            Marshall Faulk, 3 PB's (wasn't All-Pro until the Rams)
            Joseph Addai, 1 PB

Keeping score? For All-Pro's among your offensive weapons, that's Colts 6, Eagles 2.
            For Pro Bowls in addition to that, it's Colts 16, Eagles 5.

Unreal....Westbrook's a game-changer to be sure, but it's clear that Manning's had much more to work with. Makes you wonder why Manning's got only 1 ring. Two, if you count their AFC title where they lost to the Saints.
            Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 08-03-2011, 03:22 PM.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

The lack of talent argument is half legit. Should the Eagles FO have gone out and gotten better talent during his prime years? Yep. However, even with superior talent, McNabb and Co were still unable to win two big games: Tampa Bay and Carolina. Nobody is gonna tell me we were not a better team than those two shitstain franchises.
              McNabb never has superior talent when we played the Bucs or the Panthers.

That Bucs Defense was fucking insane. But the Bucs O just bitch slapped JJ's D. The Panthers we should have beat but our WR's didn't want to smack anyone in their mouths.

Westbrook was too easy to stop because other teams knew exactly what the Eagles were going to do.

The whole team, top to bottom including McNabb failed. This team should have won at least two SB's.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

This is where the conversation always ends up and is exactly how McNabb sees it. It's a team sport, it's a team game, the coaching, the defense, blah blah blah.

None of those things are necessarily offbase. JJ's defenses were remarkably crappy when it mattered most but McNabb wants to be treated like a HOF QB and believes he deserves that treatment but HOF QB's overcome what McNabb did not overcome.

Look at this way. Dan Marino - if he had played on the Andy Reid Eagles - wins a Super Bowl. I promise you that.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                  This is where the conversation always ends up and is exactly how McNabb sees it. It's a team sport, it's a team game, the coaching, the defense, blah blah blah.

None of those things are necessarily offbase. JJ's defenses were remarkably crappy when it mattered most but McNabb wants to be treated like a HOF QB and believes he deserves that treatment but HOF QB's overcome what McNabb did not overcome.

Look at this way. Dan Marino - if he had played on the Andy Reid Eagles - wins a Super Bowl. I promise you that.
                  I agree its somewhat circular since its in the past and nothing can be changed...

I've never heard or read McNabb wanting to be treated like a HOF QB...all he wished was the Eagles had ponied up like this during his prime years so they could have a better chance of winning the only thing that eluded them...certainly reasonable albeit bitter since he regrets not bringing the final trophy home and at the end of his career pines for the glory days...

McNabb certainly could have played better in any of those games, but those Eagle teams always had 1-2 units only play ok in those games or had weaknesses that ended up killing them...when he was in his prime, the D/ST were very good, but his offensive weapons were mediocre. When they improved the offense around him, the D and ST had fallen off...

Marino is actually a good example too...poor run game, somewhat mediocre D when he played for the Dolphins and, outside of his rookie year SB run, he never got even close again. The team around you is crucial and no QB can just will something to happen alone or carry a team alone. It just does not work. I highly doubt Marino would have won a SB here since McNabb's mobility/run ability was a big part of our success.

Neither Brady nor Manning ever won something on their own. Without Branch, Dillon or their D vs. us in the SB, Brady loses. Without Vinateri vs. STL and Carolina, Brady loses. Without the incredible play by his D in 2006, Manning falls short again...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Wah...........

“I was there for 11 years, and the biggest thing we brought in was T.O.,” McNabb told Clark Judge of CBSSports.com. “Now they’re getting the so-called ‘Dream Team.’ It’s amazing, but I look back on my career and what they’re doing now . . . that’s great; that’s excellent. But you’re seeing another side. You’re seeing Andy [Reid] taking that chance. It’s not just taking that chance on one guy. They’re taking a chance on a bunch of guys. And they’re spending money. That’s amazing. Ever since the lockout [ended], teams have to spend money.”
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

To answer the OP question...Whiny Bitch

I was really looking forward to an offseason w/o any McNabb talk, looking from afar at the Denver Broncos QB situation, smiling that it is not the Eagles.

Seriously the nerve of McNabb. Its not your concern who gets the ball between Djax/Maclin/McCoy, I'm pretty sure you did a decent job at distributing the ball and thanks for your concern on Asantes feelings and Vick getting paid. Why dont you worry about not being last in your division.

Please STFU

Comment

Everyone talks about TO and Kearse but what about Runyan? He was the first big name free agent signing that made the Eagles a contender. He changed the whole attitude of the O line. For McNabb to say they never signed anyone in his time here is B.S.

I guarantee you that if Manning played with Thrash, Pinkston, etc . . . They would have put up far better numbers as well.

McNabb was a great QB from 2000-2004 and a good QB from 2005-

To be considered a hall of fame QB he had to lead us to victory vs Arizona in the NFCCG and put us in another SB. He had plenty of chances on that last drive.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                          Everyone talks about TO and Kearse but what about Runyan? He was the first big name free agent signing that made the Eagles a contender. He changed the whole attitude of the O line. For McNabb to say they never signed anyone in his time here is B.S.

I guarantee you that if Manning played with Thrash, Pinkston, etc . . . They would have put up far better numbers as well.

McNabb was a great QB from 2000-2004 and a good QB from 2005-

To be considered a hall of fame QB he had to lead us to victory vs Arizona in the NFCCG and put us in another SB. He had plenty of chances on that last drive.
                          I guarantee you that if Manning had to play with Thrash and Pinkston the Colts would have never won a SB. Plus I guarantee you that if the Eagles had Wayne and Harrison the Eagles would have at least one SB. Even with all that talent around him Manning is a big time choker.

He never said they never signed anyone. He's just bitching that they decided to go on a shopping spree at Dillard's now that he's gone while they shopped at the Goodwill while he was here.

I have no clue what BP is talking about with the McNabb and HOF QB thing. I have never heard McNabb say anything about that.

It's just funny to hear people rip on McNabb for saying things that they've said themselves on numerous occasions.
                          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Donovan really should have stuck to, "I really wish they had gone out and been this agressive early in my career." That would have been fine, and quite accurate. But, he just can't help himself. I mean, seriously, Donovan. STFU already.

Comment

The guy can't win. He speaks the absolute truth and gets killed.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The 'was he elite or was he not' will always go on. I can also live with the debate whether he had or did not have weapons. But please don't bust his balls for talking about the Eagles to the media. He didn't go on there and ask to talk about the birds; THEY ASK him the the questions. The Eagles off season is THE BIG news. It only makes sense they ask him about it.
                                Now, maybe he should decline interviews but I am pretty sure he would get his balls busted for that also. Maybe he should limit his comment to the birds are doing some nice things this year but I'm pretty sure the jackals would push for something more juicy. I've got no love for him--he is gone to other teams now--- but I can't bust on him for something he really can't do much about
                                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X