Receiving Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving Corps

Talking to my brother yesterday I told him it looked to me like it did when McNabb was given Thrash and Pinkston as a receiving corps.
    There isn't a receiver on this team. Now in all fairness going into the season it looked pretty solid. Alshon was expected to be much better and much healthier than he has shown. Agholor was coming off a much better year than his previous years. JJAW was a highly touted draft pick. Signed the speed guy Jackson to pull the secondary off Ertz/Goedert. Yada Yada because it didn't turn out that way. So I can give Howie some slack on that.
    I will however say as I did a few weeks ago that it looks like Wentz is trying to carry the team and it impacts his play. As MD has also noted there are high throws and not hitting guys in stride too often. Of course holding the ball to make some exceptional play when there is a quicker option to let loose on. In fairness these receivers aren't getting much separation and rarely can one of them find the downfield. Part of the high throws has to be attributed to having defenders right in his face and he is trying to throw over them. I would also say that for some reason he isn't very comfortable with some of the receivers. Not sure what is up there but the only real comfort he seems to have is with Ertz/Goedert. Anyway he is just not playing loose-- much like McNabb with crap receivers.
    Bottom line is that Wentz is here. Coaches-- don't care. Doug needs to reevaluate the coaching staff because having four years in a row with a different WR coach and different QB coaches can't go on. He needs to find a better staff. Then they have to look at the receivers. Personally I think JJAW is the only one who has to be back. Otherwise they can all go. I know that isn't likely but there isn't one guy on the WR corps that I would fight for. Do you have anyone?
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Honestly, I think if they had a speed guy like they thought they were going to have all year in DeSean they'd be OK. This is basically the identical offense they had 2 years ago.

Has Alshon Lost a step. Yes.

But Aggy is same guy and so is Ertz. The OL is also the same if not potentially even better because Semaulo is playing better now.

I discounted Torrey Smith's importance but without him we don't scare anybody.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Honestly, I think if they had a speed guy like they thought they were going to have all year in DeSean they'd be OK. This is basically the identical offense they had 2 years ago.

But Aggy is same guy and so is Ertz. The OL is also the same if not potentially even better because Semaulo is playing better now.

It all started when Howie traded Smith for Wallace IMO AW. Then he started gambling on older players and they showed their ages.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Disagree this O-Line has gone downhill!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Disagree this O-Line has gone downhill!!
          I agree the O Line has taken a step back. Kelce needs to retire and join the coaching staff. Peters probably wont retire and I am not sure he will be any good at LG. But Dillard and Lane are good to very good. Brooks is excellent at RG. Time to decide does Isaac move to C or leave him at LG and draft a guy to play C

Comment

stick with Alshon, DJax, JJAW next year. cut the rest of the WRs

draft 2 speed WRs

get a new OC and new WR coach

then this team will be a threat again

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
              stick with Alshon, DJax, JJAW next year. cut the rest of the WRs

draft 2 speed WRs

get a new OC and new WR coach

then this team will be a threat again
              Sooooooo much of that depends on health!

Comment

So our high draft pick from this year sits behind Alshon next year? Not for me. Jeffrey dropped a must have pass to end last year. He has dropped passes this year and has slowed to a crawl. DJax-- I loved the signing thinking he was going to give us the deep threat; and he will. But just like Sproles and Peters I am not signing on to older, injury risk type players. Hell look how long it took Hollins to recover from similar injury.
                Look, I know they aren't throwing out the entire crew but I would be looking to throw them all out (save JJAW). If I find upgrades I take them; if I can't find an upgrade I would bring whoever back to compete. Not give a job but rather to compete for one.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Sooooooo much of that depends on health!
                  Unless they figure out what the hell is wrong with our medical staff and fix it, we will continue to lead the league in trainer visits. The simple fact is that we have struggled with serious injuries, seemingly more than most teams for the last 3-4 years. Whether they are the result of bad luck or bad preparation or poor diagnosis is something Lurie has to look at. It is likely a combination of all three, which means we can actually fix a lot of the problems with an improved medical staff.

As for the receivers, the repeated excuse that Jackson’s injury is the reason our receivers are struggling in simply wrong. Jackson was brought in to improve our receivers. Without him they have fallen off to the point of being laughable. We had a 3rd and 10 last week and Wentz was sacked because NONE OF THE RECEIVERS WENT MORE THAN 8 YARDS DOWN FEILD!!! They can’t get separation and Doug isn’t sending anyone long. Its a formula that a pee wee coach could defend. If I was making the call, I would keep JJ to see what he really has and maybe Jackson and Jefferies only because we can’t honestly bring in an entire receiving group and expect Wentz to have instant chemistry, timing and trust in them. So keep the three with the most to offer next season and add 2-3 young fast hands to the mix with the intension of adding more next year. Agholor has single handily cost us two games this year with game winning drops against the Lions and Patriots. He has to go. Sorry but we looked the other way last year and he is getting worse. I don’t trust him to make the clutch catch. I doubt most fans would trust him with the game on the line. If that’s true, how can Carson and the coaches trust him? They can’t. It’s time to move on from Nelson Horriblor. The rest of the receivers are just plain crap. Clean it up and bring in a quality receiver coach and try to improve next year. This year is toast even if they somehow manage to make the playoffs.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    Unless they figure out what the hell is wrong with our medical staff and fix it, we will continue to lead the league in trainer visits. The simple fact is that we have struggled with serious injuries, seemingly more than most teams for the last 3-4 years. Whether they are the result of bad luck or bad preparation or poor diagnosis is something Lurie has to look at. It is likely a combination of all three, which means we can actually fix a lot of the problems with an improved medical staff.

As for the receivers, the repeated excuse that Jackson’s injury is the reason our receivers are struggling in simply wrong. Jackson was brought in to improve our receivers. Without him they have fallen off to the point of being laughable. We had a 3rd and 10 last week and Wentz was sacked because NONE OF THE RECEIVERS WENT MORE THAN 8 YARDS DOWN FEILD!!! They can’t get separation and Doug isn’t sending anyone long. Its a formula that a pee wee coach could defend. If I was making the call, I would keep JJ to see what he really has and maybe Jackson and Jefferies only because we can’t honestly bring in an entire receiving group and expect Wentz to have instant chemistry, timing and trust in them. So keep the three with the most to offer next season and add 2-3 young fast hands to the mix with the intension of adding more next year. Agholor has single handily cost us two games this year with game winning drops against the Lions and Patriots. He has to go. Sorry but we looked the other way last year and he is getting worse. I don’t trust him to make the clutch catch. I doubt most fans would trust him with the game on the line. If that’s true, how can Carson and the coaches trust him? They can’t. It’s time to move on from Nelson Horriblor. The rest of the receivers are just plain crap. Clean it up and bring in a quality receiver coach and try to improve next year. This year is toast even if they somehow manage to make the playoffs.
                    I wouldn't trust the bastard to catch a cold bareass on the north pole for a month never mind a friekin football.

Comment

Lets face it the WR corp has not preformed anywhere near where they should. If all of them would just perform at career or slightly less than career average we would have a minimum two more wins. Howie is to blame for not supplementing this Corp throughout the season. The Players are to blame for not executing, the coaching is to blame for not putting the players in a position to execute. Its that simple.

I am surprised that none of our great writing corps followed up the answer that Groh gave on Agholor. If he is doing different positions than 2017 than how about moving him back to where he is comfortable? At least we can get something out him. I get the injuries but why take a guy who is already fragile mentally and try to make him something he is not.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        Lets face it the WR corp has not preformed anywhere near where they should. If all of them would just perform at career or slightly less than career average we would have a minimum two more wins. Howie is to blame for not supplementing this Corp throughout the season. The Players are to blame for not executing, the coaching is to blame for not putting the players in a position to execute. Its that simple.

I am surprised that none of our great writing corps followed up the answer that Groh gave on Agholor. If he is doing different positions than 2017 than how about moving him back to where he is comfortable? At least we can get something out him. I get the injuries but why take a guy who is already fragile mentally and try to make him something he is not.

I hearya taz, it makes no sense. Then again I just don't care anymore and would love to see him released yesterday!

Comment

The pattern i see is everytime Groh opens hi smouth he leaves the rest of us with our jaws on the floor. He is either clueless or the 2nd coming of Baghdad Bob! Aggy needs a change of scenery! The receiving corps need fresh young legs and a different coach.

Comment

It sounds to me like they are trying to do the same thing with JJ as they are with the gagger by moving him all over the place too. If it were me I'd just stick JJ wherever you plan on playing him next year and put the gagger where you need anybody. Then at the end of the season I'd sue him for my money back.

Comment

Working...
                            X