• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no mock draft that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      There is no mock draft that matters.
      True. It is an exercise in futility. But the speculating itself is fun though it is meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
        I think they go o-line, d-line, as per usual, then swing a deal or two for veterans for the secondary, the way they did with Ellis Hobbs last year. I'd love to see them pick up Iupati, then Brian Price at 37.

Then they could make draft-day deals for a guy like Richard Marshall and/or Atogwe, both of whom were tendered at very low levels.

I'm sure they could get one or both of those guys without giving up a 2, or even a 3. They could use that second 2 to grab the best available LB.
        I don't think the Rams are interested in dealing Atogwe. That's the reason nobody signed him to a RFA offer, because the Rams would just match.

Comment

For that matter - there are no posters that matter. What the hell are we all doing here anyway?!

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
            I don't think the Rams are interested in dealing Atogwe. That's the reason nobody signed him to a RFA offer, because the Rams would just match.
            Yep, agree. But this posting to profootballweekly.com made me wonder:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-rams-insiders
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
              For that matter - there are no posters that matter. What the hell are we all doing here anyway?!
              True, but that wasn't what the topic was about.

The topic was about mock drafts that mattered. Indicating one mattered more than another which is just plain nonsense. None of them matter at all.

Comment

I'm pretty LT understands that a mock draft is just that. There's no need to point out that a mock draft doesn't matter since it goes without saying that mock drafts are not, indeed, actual drafts.

Comment

Its funny how mock drafts don't matter, but some people have made some pretty lucrative careers out of developing them! Joel Buschbaum, Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock, Pete Prisco, Jay Glazer, etc.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I heard that Mel Kiper used to just send out mock drafts in newsletter form from his house before the internet. Guy certainly hopped on the right train/obsession and made a great hair helmet... er.. career out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      I heard that Mel Kiper used to just send out mock drafts in newsletter form from his house before the internet. Guy certainly hopped on the right train/obsession and made a great hair helmet... er.. career out of it.
                      Its too bad that none of his activities really mattered.
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Yeah, he probably should have killed himself.

Comment

Be as snarky as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that mocks do not matter. They are simply a creation for some people to make some money. They aren't accurate, they aren't real, they don't influence who gets drafted and where. It's nothing more than a paper creation. The world of football wouldn't change one iota if they were gone.

Disclaimer #2786 -- No where did I say or suggest that you shouldn't do one if that is what you want to do, no where did I suggest anything other than they didn't really matter, which was what the title was suggesting. And of course that was met with a sarcastic reply.

All I did was address the tittle topic. So save your snarky energy.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            Be as snarky as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that mocks do not matter. They are simply a creation for some people to make some money. They aren't accurate, they aren't real, they don't influence who gets drafted and where. It's nothing more than a paper creation. The world of football wouldn't change one iota if they were gone.

Disclaimer #2786 -- No where did I say or suggest that you shouldn't do one if that is what you want to do, no where did I suggest anything other than they didn't really matter, which was what the title was suggesting. And of course that was met with a sarcastic reply.

All I did was address the tittle topic. So save your snarky energy.

MD, the reason I called it "the only mock that matters" is that Rick Gosselin has an incredible reputation for accuracy when it comes to identifying team selections prior to the draft.

Of course it's all pointless speculation, but Gosselin nails it more often than anybody else.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                              but Gosselin nails it more often than anybody else.
                              that's what she said!

Comment

What is the prevailing opinion here were this particular mock were to come to pass? It only includes the first 5 picks out of the eleven. It was originally posted on Sporting News and is on PE.com.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=20703

OC/OG Pouncey, FS Nate Allen, TE Jermaine Gresham(?!!), DT Geno Atkins, OLB Darryl Washington.

I like the Pouncey, Allen and Washington picks. Not sure about Atkins. Also lukewarm about Gresham.
                                Last edited by ThoughtProcess; 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X