Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eagles Brotherhood of Blockers-SI good read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles Brotherhood of Blockers-SI good read!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/18/ph...3a%22CAN%22%7d
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I'm not sure people realize how special these guys are. Comeradity like this doesn't exist anymore in professional sports. The locker room in general is so tight. The fact that these guys get together every week is so cool. I love this locker room, I love this team. That's why I get so upset when somebody like Vinny left and so afraid of a guy like Bennett coming in. If he fits wonderful! But......

Comment

Damn! Thanks 60, that was great!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Thanks, that is a good read. Unfortunately teams go through changes (maybe even turmoil) every year. Since the dawn of FA we have all seen guys come and guys go. Hell Belichick and, a guy I don't like, Sabin have mastered changes. Hopefully, there are still enough "leaders" in the Eagle locker room (I include Pederson in there) so you don't lose that focus, that brotherhood. I think they will be okay as long as they don't have problems early on like losing two or three key guys to injury.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Thanks, that is a good read. Unfortunately teams go through changes (maybe even turmoil) every year. Since the dawn of FA we have all seen guys come and guys go. Hell Belichick and, a guy I don't like, Sabin have mastered changes. Hopefully, there are still enough "leaders" in the Eagle locker room (I include Pederson in there) so you don't lose that focus, that brotherhood. I think they will be okay as long as they don't have problems early on like losing two or three key guys to injury.
          A huge key to the team IMO is Jenkins. I think that he's the guy who brings everybody together. The other thing that we have going for us is how unusual Wentz is. I don't think that there are many QBs that really relate to their teammates. Most are allouf and corporate. There is also a large religious bonding on the team right now and we have to keep those players intact. Somehow Howie has to keep it all going.

Comment

A Wentz injury is a key concern of mine. Now I will go beat my head against the wall for speaking it.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

A Wentz injury is a key concern of mine. Now I will go beat my head against the wall for speaking it.
              I know what you mean ND. He's got that lanky build that can expose him to injury like RG has. He's also to darned competitive at times. He's also frieking great!!!!

Comment

I so look forward to Carson connecting with Goedert (sp?) and him being the next ND kid who played college ball in South Dakota and became the best TE in Eagles history......Pete Retzlaff.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I so look forward to Carson connecting with Goedert (sp?) and him being the next ND kid who played college ball in South Dakota and became the best TE in Eagles history......Pete Retzlaff.
                  Pete was really something! He and Tommy Mac were special together. Those were the days when there were full backfields and he was a TE most of the time unless he "flexed" out. Mac was a flanker who technically was a halfback. I remember having my own little football uniform that my parents got me. Of course back then the only piece of apparel that was sold was a baseball cap. I had a Phillies cap too. Nothing for the old Philadelphia Warriors though.

Comment

Tommy Mac was favorite as a kid--probably since I was always called Mac. What I didn't know as a kid was that Retzlaff was from ND
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Tommy Mac was favorite as a kid--probably since I was always called Mac. What I didn't know as a kid was that Retzlaff was from ND
                      Just like this year's team I had a hard time picking a favorite from that bunch. Everyday when I was a kid I was a different Eagle in my backyard throwing the ball to myself lol.
                      Last edited by Eagle60; 07-21-2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X