No announcement yet.

Skip Bayless on 1st and 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for Boldin. I listened to an interview with Whisenhut today. He said there were only one or two teams that even made offers and that the Cards didn't even consider them valid offers because they were so far from what they would have taken for Boldin. Said they never made any trade demands and never dropped to a second roundd pick. Said they listened when people would call to see if he was available but there was never any serious talk of trading.
    Now, spin is, and has been, in effect. Who said, she said is all around but I don't think the Cards were ever solidified on what they wanted to do and teams couldn't get a good read on trade possibilities. That is why teams abandoned the thought of gettting Boldin and went on their way.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I thought Kiper was a bit harsh giving us a B- and just middle of the pack. other than that others loved it. I know I did

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
        Makes you kinda wonder who they were going after then if Maclin wasn't there... Pettigrew? Davis? I dunno... it certainly would have made our draft a bit different though.
        Eagles would have gone defense if Maclin didn't drop. At least that's what I took from Reid's comments after the draft.

Comment

Mayock loved Maclin so much that he said he was worried about being called a stalker. He had him as the biggest impact player. He eventually went with OT smith as the impact player due to fear of being accused of ahaving a man crush. He still said the Iggles had the best draft considering Peters and Hobbs.

Kiper can't be taken serious since he only evaluates players. He had Maclin at 6 and 7 in talent. He knows nothing about Iggle needs, since the whole world had the Iggles taking any disgruntled WR in the league in pre draft trades. How is that NOT A NEED???????? So, if he was to intelligently re-evaluate his "Needs comment" he would have to move the Birds to an A in the draft. He also failed to include Peters and Hobbs. He too caught up in players in the draft.
          Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
            Mayock loved Maclin so much that he said he was worried about being called a stalker. He had him as the biggest impact player. He eventually went with OT smith as the impact player due to fear of being accused of ahaving a man crush. He still said the Iggles had the best draft considering Peters and Hobbs.

Kiper can't be taken serious since he only evaluates players. He had Maclin at 6 and 7 in talent. He knows nothing about Iggle needs, since the whole world had the Iggles taking any disgruntled WR in the league in pre draft trades. How is that NOT A NEED???????? So, if he was to intelligently re-evaluate his "Needs comment" he would have to move the Birds to an A in the draft. He also failed to include Peters and Hobbs. He too caught up in players in the draft.

I gotta tell ya this was the first year I gave the NFL network a shot instead of ESPN, and I cannot believe the difference. Mayock puts hair Kiper to shame. The NFLN does a much better job...

By the way Key was on ESPN saying that. There is another reason not to watch that terrible television station.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I'm not sure about that at all VFK. I think the problem was nobody want to pay him!! He's wants a new contract. Who wants to shell out that kind of dough? You're talking about a $50 million contract.
              That was a large part of it, 60 I agree....still those teams have no chance to even get that far because AZ was only willing to deal him if someone way overpaid. You'e right though that overpaying to get him and then overpaying to keep him made it silly
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                Probably was ESPN, Vote. I dunno. As I said, I wasn't home. The wife recorded draft coverage for me (ain't she great?!?!) and I didn't note the network.
                Just busting stones, friend...and yes you got a keeper for a wife if she will do that.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis View Post
                  Eagles would have gone defense if Maclin didn't drop. At least that's what I took from Reid's comments after the draft.
                  Perhaps once Ayers went, they switched gears...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                    Perhaps once Ayers went, they switched gears...

Switched gears? If that was the plan then they threw it in reverse, they didn't draft an end at all and they did nab a corner in the 5th rd. I honestly think their was no way they could pass up the value that Maclin offered there. I think they were going to be targeting one of the top rated corners if Moreno was gone (Hobbs was the insurance plan if they didn't draft one) and might have traded back to do it, and I don't think Pettigrew was ever a legitamate target of theirs. But what the hell do I know?
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
                    X