38 Yards Rushing Concerns Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 Yards Rushing Concerns Me

That was supposed to be a terrible rush defense we played and we had no success and little effort in running the football. We really could have destroyed that team. We punted 7 times, throw out the defensive effort by our guys and that game was a lot closer. Having only defeated ONE team with a winning record has me sweating going to Lambeau in cold weather after seemingly avoiding the run vs Carolina.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I was thinking the same thing last night MM. I'm not terribly afraid of the Packers but I am afraid of what the Eagle will or won't do. This game is winnable with a good game plan and good execution but it's going to take a ton of effort and a commitment to a balanced offense to win it. We didn't get that last night and still managed to come away with an impressive victory. We won't be able to do that next week so let's hope Chip and the boys have a solid plan that they follow on Sunday. If they do we have a decent shot a coming away with a win. If not, it's going to be a rough afternoon.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I think Chip just knows what he's doing. I was surprised Polk wasn't in with the goal line offense. It seems Sanchez to Mathews is like Foles to Cooper was last year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Agree mm. I said last night that I had some concern. The ST have it together. The D looked good but Car O (esp Newton) didn't look good at all. With nine sacks and the turnovers it could have been 100 points.
        But the Eagles O looked good rather than great. The running game specifically wasn't clicking. Now teams take away things and you could see they were all over taking away McCoy so the short pass (just as Andy did) was the right call. But I have a few concerns; my hope is that wash away with a little time together
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

McCoy is getting better production between the tackles yet still has an instinct to bounce outside. Defenses are eating him up on the outside. He wants a home run every time but the defense is giving him 5 yards up the middle. He is a head case right now

Comment

I look for them to return to the running game, big time, against the Packers. It was obvious that Carolina's secondary couldn't match up, and they exploited that. The Packers are better in the secondary, but they also struggle a bit against the run. It's probably going to be windy and cold as well. Time to fire up the three headed monster.

Comment

Against good teams with good QBs, this OFFENSE will struggle because we will lack rhthym and won't have short fields. Which means to me we can beat Cam Newton... I need is to beat teams with QBs named ... Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees and potentially Brady and manning.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm sure McDermott's game plan was to stop McCoy and make Sanchez, who hadn't won since 2012, beat them. Plus, the Panthers have a very respectable interior defense against the run, with Star L. and that other good young tackle they drafted, plus Kuechly, who is freaking awesome.

I think Chip wanted to make a statement last night, and that was that Sanchez can win games for him. They will go back to the 3-headed monster once teams recognize this and play honest.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

weird game. Offense was not as sharp as the score looked.

Kelce's snaps were all over the place. Riley Cooper looked like he wasn't even close to being on the same page. Sanchez put up numbers, but looked off at times

and McCoy just looked terrible dancing around. Which he has all season, save for the Houston and NYG games. Sproles looks much better just hitting the hole hard and not dancing

hard to complain, when the offense puts up 31 points. But definitely a concern for future games. Especially ones in which we have leads and want to run the clock a bit

Comment

Chip makes great adjustments, so I'm not worried. Coaching won't lose us games, but talent might. It's not like our oline can blow people off the LOS. That's our biggest problem in the run game.

Comment

Our O-Line did blow people off the line last year -- see 1600 for McCoy.

We aren't playing in a vacuum. If the other D's game plan is to stop the running game -- then you better have a plan counter. Teams have been and IMO continue to cheat on the run game for several reasons.

The lack of a deep threat, the newness of the QB, and the fact that this team IS SO WELL balanced.

Still my biggest fear is the D. Sunday will be a real good test.

Comment

I think there is some truth there MD. Carolina had to assume that with there D and a backup QB, we were gonna run a lot. They may have game planned that way. I also think that when the pass started clicking, why stop.

Comment

Chip takes what the defense gives you. That third down run call on 3rd and goal from the nine for the first TD by Sproles was brilliant.

Comment

Well, no one seems to want to say it, but I will.

Shady doesn't look like the same guy he did last year. O line woes or not. He has always done some dancing, but his decisiveness is worse now. Plus....he just doesn't look as "sudden" to me as he has in the past. The two things could be linked. His physical actions may be affected my mental issues. But it is a concern to me.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

He only got 12 carries...this is on Chip IMO...he has been pass happy all season. McCoy and the OL thrive when they are the foundation of the offense, they get into a rhythm and can wear the defense down.

As AW said, against bad defenses like this we'll probably be fine, but playing AZ & SF it has not worked and may not vs Seattle either.

There needs to be balance, McCoy is a stud and it is waste not to use him to the max. The OL excuses are done, 4/5 of the line is back and Tobin is fine at RG. RUN THE FUCKING BALL!
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X