Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briggs to Sign One Year Deal With Bears

According to the Tribune.

Among them were believed to be the possibility of paying Briggs a large portion of the $7.2 million up front, which would serve as a smaller signing bonus. The Bears also have offered to rescind the franchise tag on Briggs for 2008 if he agrees to end the impasse and begin what they believe can be a Super Bowl season.

Re: Briggs to Sign One Year Deal With Bears

lol, apparently the Bears haven't heard about the 'Super Bowl Loser Curse'. They rarely make it back to the postseason.

Bears, 6-10. Their offense is horrible.

Comment

I think they will be more like 8-8, but I agree in principle. Rex cannot get them back to the Bowl.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
        I think they will be more like 8-8, but I agree in principle. Rex cannot get them back to the Bowl.
        You might be right about 8-8, their division is pretty damn weak. That's like a guaranteed 6 wins.

Comment

You guys are seriously underestimating the Bears and their defense. I think they will win 10- 11 games and could even get to 12. They play the AFC West and the NFC East, so I hope they get three wins from our division. So I think they lose to the Chargers, Broncos, us and the Saints . Figure on at least one -two more losses but I don't really think they will lose three

Comment

The "Super Bowl Losers' curse" is a bitch. I expect between 5-8 wins. Expect for at least 2 major starters to go down for the season.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Actually Seattle broke that "curse" as if such a thing exists...

Good for the Bears and Briggs IMO...Briggs gets his FA after this season and the Bears get to make another run with him aboard.
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

The Bears defense is overrated, and their offense is teh suck. They'll be mediocre this year.

Comment

The Superbowl loser curse didn't bother Jim Kelley and the Buffalo Bills. They still have a very good defense. And Grossman has good days. I see them in the playoffs this year with 9-10 wins. I'm more concerned about the Saints then the Bears this year. But I think our LB upgrades is exactly what we needed to tip the scales in our favor.

Comment

The Bears will probably win their division, but that's mostly because their division is godawful. They're going to take a step back. Losing Thomas Jones will hurt, and I'm really unconvinced by the rest of the offense. The defense is good, but they took a few hits between free agency and disciplinary stuff (Tank, I'm looking at you...) I'm thinking 9-7, maybe 10-6.
                    The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Working...
                    X