Stewart Bradley is the key to our D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart Bradley is the key to our D

I think there is a consensus that Donnie is the key to our O succeeding this year. Sure there are others but it rises and falls on his shoulders. The same IMO is the case with Stewart Bradley who takes over as the most unknown starter on our D this year. We have new additions at DE, DT and CB. We have a logjam of old and new aspirants at S. But what we also have is a tremendous need for stability, leadership and performance at MLB . Gaither did a good job when moved over there last year, but the few games late last year have most of us drooling over Bradley as the new "Trotter" who can solidify and lead our D. Now he has impressed JJ and Andy enough that he has become first team and seems to be impressing his cohorts just as strongly. I loved this quote from Gaither in an article on the EMB, ""Good size and good speed, a prototypical MIKE linebacker. That's Stewart Bradley," Gaither said. "I can't help but think of Brian Urlacher in Chicago when I look at him. He has all the natural attributes. If he works hard, all the rest will come." I take that as a signal that Bradley is on track in his transition to leadership. If he succeeds, then this easily could be the best D in almosot 20 years of Eagledom.

Re: Stewart Bradley is the key to our D

I would say that Bradley is one key - another is how Lito fits into the D. If Lito stays healthy with a positive frame of mind, and Bradley lives up to expectations, we'll have a killer defense.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

As usual, I think the main keys are in the trenches: OL and DL.

If the OL performs up to their talent, McNabb, Westbrook, LJ, Curtis, Brown, Booker etc. can do their jobs and put points on the board.

If the DL performs up to their talent, the LB and secondary can stick within the scheme and focus on their jobs of supporting the run defense and neutralizing the pass game.

The only exception to this would be the ST. If our ST struggles like last season, the impact will again be large. It needs to be much better so the offense can start drives in better position, we can get some points out of that unit and the defense does not have to defend a short field all day long due to ST turnovers, missed FG and bad punts etc.
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Bradley's performance in this role is certainly going to be important. I'll be curious to see if he can handle the middle and the headset but I don't know that I would say it is the key though. The whole LB corps is a question IMM but I really feel they are going to be the best we have seen in a long time (my green glasses are on). Is Dawkins back to being a force on the field or is he done, to me that is going to be just as important because it will be very difficult to pull him if he is being outplayed. How do Assante, Lito, and Sheldon work together, that also has the potential to be great or to blow up (I'm of the great mindset).
        Anyway, lots of questions this year on both sides of the ball.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Place your bets, how many games will Lito miss this season? LOL!
          Dawk is gonna be fine, it's Lito that will help make or break that secondary.

Oh, and Stewart Bradley smells badly.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            Place your bets, how many games will Lito miss this season? LOL!
            Dawk is gonna be fine, it's Lito that will help make or break that secondary.

Lito's playing for a contract. That's a great healer.

Oh, and Stewart Bradley smells badly.

Hey Fresh, stop sniffing his jock then

Comment

Awwwwww, OK.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Sometimes i'm nervous about a new starter and how they'll perform. This is not one of those times. I'm really confident that Bradley can do the job.

Comment

He's very physical, and supposedly pretty smart. That being the case he should do pretty well, I agree. What I don't know is about his speed to get side to side. Gaither says he's got it, and I would assume that JJ thinks so as well. But that's what I liked about Gaither in the middle, the guy could cover some ground.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
                    Bradley's performance in this role is certainly going to be important. I'll be curious to see if he can handle the middle and the headset
                    I think that Dawk will be wearing the headset. He is the captain on defense and Bradley will likely be coming off the field in nickel packages.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Thought I read it was going to be Bradley but....wouldn't be the first time I read something that I didn't read.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I thought I had heard the same thing. From Spads, I believe.

Comment

My understanding also.

Always has been the MIKE, not sure why it would change with the helmet.

Comment

So what happens when Bradley goes off the field?
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

My guess is they expect him to be on the field most of the time. But when he's coming off, whoever is going back in will be coming in with the play, or they will revert back to hand signals for that down.

Comment

Working...
                              X