Crazy notion - we could make the playoffs next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy notion - we could make the playoffs next season

Yeah - I know but if RGIII is out for all of next season, Garrett & Romo have another year together to implode and the Giants are a roller coaster - it's possible. I'm leaning more towards McCoy at this point. Reason being is that he's made lemonade when he's been given Jake Delhomme, Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow. He'll make the offense go. The key will be who he gets at DC. I'd love if he had some connection with Mike Pettine to come in and run the defense (although I know Marrone wants him in Buffalo).

Putting green kool-aid in the coffee Steve, lol. Hey, crazier things have happened & things & Teams can change quickly in the NFL. That being said, I've gotta temper my enthusiasm until I see a new Coach & Staff in town.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I agree with you Stevie, but my confidence will be greatly affected by our coaching appt. McCoy is at the top of my list, but with there being nothing even leaked about how the meeting went with him, I fer that it didn't go well. Gus is my #2 right now. I wish we could find out already who the coach is gonna be, and what assistants he will tag. Waiting...waiting......
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm with you Fresh. I can't get too excited about making the playoffs until we have a coach in place. I heard the McCoy interview was only 3 hours long which is short compared to the Kelly interview. I don't know if that's an indication that things didn't go well or if the interview had a time constraint because he was still involved in the playoffs. I could see his agent asking that anyone interviewing him try to keep the interviews to a few hours.

The more I read about Bradley the more I want him as the HC. I'd be happy with McCoy but I really think Bradley will be a great choice.
        Last edited by Jukin; 01-08-2013, 09:46 AM.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

maybe waiting on McCoy to finish the season so as not to be a distraction.

Comment

I could see a 10-6 season with the talent on offense we have. It will be very important how we reshuffle the deck in the secondary and that we get a special teams coach who isn't a complete moron.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I think the Eagles are interested with someone on a play off team. So until that team is eliminated, I don't think that there will be any announcements one way or the other.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Gotta suck for the Eagles that their top 2 candidates will be going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                  maybe waiting on McCoy to finish the season so as not to be a distraction.
                  That's what I was thinking. It will be interesting if McCoy and Bradley get interviewed and then suddenly there's silence. NFL rule is that you can't sign a coach still in the playoffs. To keep from being a distraction, I could see both sides agreeing to keep everything quiet.

Comment

Without RG3, the Redskins will suck next year. I know there's a lot of speculation on his knee and Adrian Peterson came back in a hurry but if he's out for most of the year, the Redskins are done.

Dallas sucks and Tony Romo is our best friend.

The only team to be worried about is the Giants. They had a bad year but they have more talent than we do right now.

Comment

The Skins wont suck, even with Cousins behind center. But they are certainly no power house. This division mostly sucks and should be an easy one to climb back in to.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I dunno Fresh - that team goes because of RG3. I think it will be a big blow to their psyche, especially if Cousins doesn't perform well in the early going.

I know he had a great game in his sub appearance this year but 1 game doesn't a QB make.

Comment

It depends on so much whether we can compete next year. There is certainly talent on this team, but how much is the question, how many players need to be turned over, who of the young players steps up, how the injured players come back. How quickly the team can pick up on the new coaches systems etc.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                          X