Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract extension thread

We've got Peters locked up.

Cooper is done with a supposed 5 yr, $25MM deal (although more likely 4 years with the last year voidable)

Kelce re-upped for 6! years and roughly $37.5MM.

Maclin is still talking with them but nothing imminent.

I have no idea whether the Cooper deal is reasonable. What does a 800-900 yd receiver get these days? Is it really 5mil?

Comment

So where are we at with the cap now ?
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

6 for Kelce seems like a lot to me. He did pretty good but I'm not sure he is all that. I haven't seen any breakdown but I'd be surprised if there is a lot of signing bonus or guaranteed money for him or for Cooper
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Agree on the Kelce thing, but the rep he has is that he is a terribly bright football guy, highly coachable. His role is vital to this offense. It's not my money, so I am just glad they are getting these guys who I want back signed for an extended term.

The Maclin deal is a whole other situation. Don't know if I want him or not.What I WANT is him back at full capacity and full effort. A one year applies here, so I am not anticipating, nor am I wanting a long term deal for him.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I want the Eagles to sign Maclin to a 1 year deal with an option for an incentive laden second year contract. If he does well I don't want to see this thing blow up next year just as we start to make progress. I'd rather pay him a little more now and be wrong than have to retool the WRs again next year.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              I want the Eagles to sign Maclin to a 1 year deal with an option for an incentive laden second year contract. If he does well I don't want to see this thing blow up next year just as we start to make progress. I'd rather pay him a little more now and be wrong than have to retool the WRs again next year.
              Sounds good to me.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

with these key vets signed and the younger guys on their 3-4 yr rookie contracts, they are setting themselves up for a nice run. If they hit it big in the draft, look out . The Birds should have a very good idea how strong Maclins knee is ,If they feel he will have a big impact sign him long term. Add 6 PPG to the offense and the defense looks better , but draft the shit out of defensive players.

The starting line is now sign till 2016 and beyond.
                Last edited by musicman; 02-27-2014, 05:12 PM.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Goodbye Jason Avant they are halfway through their Cap space with a lot to do

Eagles' new contracts: Analyzing the numbers

February 27, 2014, 5:00 pm

The Eagles extended Jason Peters Wednesday, and Jason Kelce and Riley Cooper on Thursday. (USA Today Images)

In the span of 24 hours, the Eagles doled out $42.55 million in guaranteed money and spent potentially more than a hundred million dollars to retain three of their key offensive players.
                  The contracts the Eagles gave to offensive tackle Jason Peters on Wednesday and center Jason Kelce and wide receiver Riley Cooper on Thursday include a total of $13 million in guaranteed components for Kelce, $19.55 million guaranteed for Peters and $10 million guaranteed for Cooper.
                  Kelce's deal makes him the NFL's third-highest-paid center, behind only Ryan Kalil of the Panthers ($8.186 million average per year) and Nick Mangold of the Jets ($7.725 million average).
                  The three deals are worth a combined $109,698,000. More than a tenth of a billion dollars.
                  The combined cap hits come out to $12,714,358 in 2014, $17.55 million in 2015, $19.8 million in 2016, $22.45 million in 2017, $24 million in 2018, $6.5 million in 2018 and $7 million in 2019.
                  Of the $42.55 million in guaranteed money the Eagles committed to in these three deals, more than half is this year.
                  The guaranteed money comes out to $24.148 million this year, $13.8 million in 2015 and $4.602 million in 2016. There are no guaranteed components in any of the deals beyond 2016.
                  All of which gives the Eagles plenty of flexibility beyond 2015, despite the huge amounts of money in these deals. If they wanted, they could get out from under any of the deals in just two years. There would be cap hits but little guaranteed money to worry about.
                  Let’s take a look at all the details of the three contracts, obtained by CSNPhilly.com from various NFL sources.
                  Riley Cooper
                  Signing Bonus: $4 million
                  2014: $1 million base salary, fully guaranteed, $800,000 pro-rated bonus, $1.8 million cap number
                  2015: $4 million base salary, fully guaranteed, $800,000 pro-rated bonus, $4.8 million cap number
                  2016: $4.5 million base salary, $1 million guaranteed, $800,000 pro-rated, $5.3 million cap number
                  2017: $4.25 million base salary, not guaranteed, $800,000 pro-rated, $5.05 million cap number
                  2018: $4.75 million base salary, not guaranteed, $800,000 pro-rated, $5.55 million cap number
                  TOTAL: $22,500,000 over five years, average of $4.5 million per year, $10 million guaranteed.
                  Jason Kelce
                  Signing Bonus: $6 million
                  2014: $1.398 million base salary, fully guaranteed, $1.2 million pro-rated bonus, $2,622,358 million cap number
                  2015: $3 million base salary, fully guaranteed, $1.2 million pro-rated bonus, $200,000 Pro Bowl escalator, $4.2 million cap number
                  2016: $4 million base salary, $2.602 million guaranteed, $1.2 million pro-rated bonus, $200,000 Pro Bowl escalator, $5.2 million cap number
                  2017: $5 million base salary, not guaranteed, $1.2 million pro-rated bonus, $200,000 Pro Bowl escalator, $6.2 million cap number
                  2018: $6 million base salary, not guaranteed, $1.2 million pro-rated bonus, $200,000 Pro Bowl escalator, $7.2 million cap number
                  2019: $6.5 million base salary, not guaranteed, $200,000 Pro Bowl escalator, $6.5 million cap number
                  2020: $7 million base salary, not guaranteed, $200,000 Pro Bowl escalator, $7 million cap number
                  TOTAL: $38.898 million over seven years, average of $5,556,857 million per year, $13 million guaranteed.
                  Jason Peters
                  Signing Bonus: $5 million
                  Roster Bonus (paid March 26): $5 million
                  2014: $1.75 million base salary, fully guaranteed, $1 million pro-rated bonus, $292,000 pro-rated previous bonus, $8.292 million cap number
                  2015: $8.55 million base salary, fully guaranteed, $31,250 roster bonus for every week on the active roster [$500,000 max], $1 million pro-rated bonus, $8.55 million cap number
                  2016: $7.55 million base salary, $1 million guaranteed, $31,250 roster bonus for every week on the active roster [$500,000 max], $1 million pro-rated, $9.3 million cap number
                  2017: $9.95 million base salary, not guaranteed, $1 million pro-rated, $11.2 million cap number
                  2018: $10 million base salary, not guaranteed, $1 million pro-rated, $11.25 million cap number
                  TOTAL: $48.3 million over five years, average of $9.66 million per year, $19.55 million guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    w Add 6 PPG to the offense and the defense looks better , but draft the shit out of defensive players.

EXACTLY!!!! If the Eagles can continue to crank up the offense and add a few critical pieces to the defense, the time of possession will start to balance out a little more as the D throws a few 3 and outs into each game. Taking pressure off of the D by adding points will certainly help but getting another strong and fast rusher and really focusing on the secondary is the key!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm a firm believer that the offensive line is the most critical unit on the field. Therefore, I'm tickled that the O-line has been taken care of. It's huge.

But, they are still going to have to fix the defense. How many times have we seen, over the last decade or so, the offense put the team ahead late in a game, only to see the defense fail to make a critical stop, resulting in a loss. Last year's Saints playoff game is a perfect example. Unable to stop a drive for a game winning FG. It's not just that they can't get off the field on 3rd down, which keeps the offense on the pine. They have blown leads at the end of games more times than I can count, and they aren't going to win shit until they fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        I'm a firm believer that the offensive line is the most critical unit on the field. Therefore, I'm tickled that the O-line has been taken care of. It's huge.

But, they are still going to have to fix the defense. How many times have we seen, over the last decade or so, the offense put the team ahead late in a game, only to see the defense fail to make a critical stop, resulting in a loss. Last year's Saints playoff game is a perfect example. Unable to stop a drive for a game winning FG. It's not just that they can't get off the field on 3rd down, which keeps the offense on the pine. They have blown leads at the end of games more times than I can count, and they aren't going to win shit until they fix that.
                        I'm hoping that the defense will continue to improve as this will be their second year with the same coaching staff and DC. Since JJ passed our defense has been a mess. Last year we made great strides as we stopped giving up the big play. Our red zone defense was much better. We now need to improve the pass rush and 3rd down D.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

When you look at the breakdown of those 3 contracts (Coop, Kelce, Peters), you notice that all 3 are "Team Friendly". Nice signing bonus, back end loaded, cap friendly, very little risk. Essentially all three contracts are 3 year deals. Someday the NFLPA will catch up with MLBPA as far as "Real Contracts" actually are, But I Digress.
                          Great job by Howie to lock up the O-line & Coop & I expect Maclin to sign a 2yr deal (nice signing bonus) with a 3rd option for the Birds to decide. Now it's time to work on the D side of the ball. If he hits FA I would expect Howie to be in touch with the agents for OLB Jason Worilds & SS Chris Clemons or Whitner. After that it's D in the draft with another WR & OG.
                          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

As a follow up on OLB Jason Worilds, I see that the Steelers are $7mil OVER the cap. They have decisions to make on Ike Taylor, Troy P., & Woodley. If they decide to let Worilds hit FA He should be our #1 Target!
                            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I don`t think the Steelers are over the cap now, the cap is set at 133 million which is 7 million more than most thought it would be. The Eagles even with the signings have 15 million or so spend, that is before an Avant (3.25), Chung (2.25) and Casey (3.9 are cut or restructured. They have the money to upgrade in free agency including adding a top guy if they want to. I don` t think there plan is to add big name guys, its to build via the draft, lock up your own players and build that way. That is a pretty tried an true way to do it.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X