Some cool news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cool news

Hey, the wife and I have been "trying" for the last 8 months or so and it finally took. We met with the doctor today ... coincidentally just before I got on a plane to come to PHilly for work... and found out she is 6 weeks along.

It was werid seeing the sonogram deal with the little beating heartbeat. Weird in a good way.

Won't say I'm not a little freaked out and scared but I'm also extremely excited. The wife and I are both closer to 40 than 30 so getting married late we wanted to give it a try. And what do you know my guys can swim.

She is due on Nov. 20. Right in the middle of football season.

Haven't told friends and family yet because I've been instructed not to until week 10 but I got clearance to tell the message board guys because I had to tell somebody.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Re: Some cool news

Originally posted by andrewaters
    Hey, the wife and I have been "trying" for the last 8 months or so and it finally took. We met with the doctor today ... coincidentally just before I got on a plane to come to PHilly for work... and found out she is 6 weeks along.

It was werid seeing the sonogram deal with the little beating heartbeat. Weird in a good way.

Won't say I'm not a little freaked out and scared but I'm also extremely excited. The wife and I are both closer to 40 than 30 so getting married late we wanted to give it a try. And what do you know my guys can swim.

Haven't told friends and family yet because I've been instructed not to until week 10 but I got clearance to tell the message board guys because I had to tell somebody.
    Congratulations, AW! 'Tis truly a beautiful thing!

Comment

Congrats dude! I was in the same boat, closer to 40 than 30 when my wife got pregnant. Everything turned out great. Life as you know it will be over soon. But it's a good change!
      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Congrats!!! And if it IS Nov 20, he/she will share his/her birthday with a wonderful human being...ME

Comment

Congrats man.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Way to go,Andre!!!!! Recyclin' man!!!!!!!!!!!
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

AW congrats!!! I'm 44 (wife is 36) and we just had our first last June. A little advice if I can be so bold. Whatever happens do NOT miss the actual moment of birth. It's without a doubt the most incredible experience of my life. (Yes even better than meeting MDFan in person - if you can believe that!!!) Every day I spend with my son is a good day. You'll be exhausted for many months to come but you'll be happier than you've ever thought possible! You're in for the best time of your life!! Congratulations bud!!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Congrats. Raising children is among the hardest, yet the most rewarding, thing a person can do. I wish you and your wife well.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

aw - congrats buddy. A new little draftnik will be in our midst by the end of '08 - great news for all of us!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. You know, in the back of your mind you wonder is this really the right thing and man life is going to change and its going to be hard... all that stuff.

I will tell you though because I can admit this because I'm so certain of my manhood. After all, I was the dirtiest player in the league for 6 to 8 years.

When the doctor did the sonogram and I saw the little heartbeat I kind of got this rush of adrenaline and then when the nurse left so my wife and I could have our moment I just friggin cried like a baby.... no wisecracks about that by the way. I'll bet some of you all cried when you found out about your kids so give a brother a break.

It was five years ago April 5 that I met my wife. I was 31 at the time and remember thinking man I am never going to get married and have a family. Things have changed dramatically but it really is amazing how much better it all got.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Great, great news and story AW.
                      Ausgezeichnet! Viel Glueck!

Comment

I just friggin cried like a baby.... no wisecracks about that by the way. I'll bet some of you all cried when you found out about your kids so give a brother a break.
                        No wisecracks here. If you cried then - you'll be a blubbering idiot upon delivery (like me). Like Jukin' says - it's the most incredible moment you will ever experience.

Comment

congrats AW. i knocked my wife up for the fourth and last time when she was 44, so you're in good company!
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                            AW congrats!!! I'm 44 (wife is 36) and we just had our first last June. A little advice if I can be so bold. Whatever happens do NOT miss the actual moment of birth. It's without a doubt the most incredible experience of my life. (Yes even better than meeting MDFan in person - if you can believe that!!!) Every day I spend with my son is a good day. You'll be exhausted for many months to come but you'll be happier than you've ever thought possible! You're in for the best time of your life!! Congratulations bud!!
                            I always heard meeting MD is just like having a baby, you'll be changing diapers in no time.

I kid, I kid.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

* That is awesome brother. My wife and I found out after 18 months that we probably can't have kids. Just found out recently. So rejoice and cherish this awesome experience!

NOTE: Don't cry for me - we're looking into adoption and the way I see it - we're all God's children...
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                              X