Kudos to the Offensive Line!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
    Those were my points exactly. If Castillo were still the OL coach, we wouldn't have Kelce at C, Mathis at G, or Herremans at RT. We would have Jackson at C, Herremans at LG, and Justice at RT.
    Castillo was the OL coach for at least one Senior Bowl and also coached at one of the combines. He must have had some input into the offensive linemen that were drafted during his watch. If he didn't, then either he wasn't doing his job or they didn't want to listen to him.
    I'm all for dumping on Castillo. I think he's done a lousy job as a defensive coordinator AND as the o-line coach. All of these years they went for the big turds on the line because Castillo liked 'em big. They had a bunch of road graders for a passing offense.

Finally, this year they have an o-line that fits the scheme and the skill personnel. They got rid of Castillo and are now seeing a huge benefit because of it, IMO. Unfortunately, Castillo is still around fucking things up elsewhere.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
      I'm all for dumping on Castillo. I think he's done a lousy job as a defensive coordinator AND as the o-line coach. All of these years they went for the big turds on the line because Castillo liked 'em big. They had a bunch of road graders for a passing offense.

Finally, this year they have an o-line that fits the scheme and the skill personnel. They got rid of Castillo and are now seeing a huge benefit because of it, IMO. Unfortunately, Castillo is still around fucking things up elsewhere.
      Amen!!!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Ouch!
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

There is also a noticeable improvement in Peters' play this year which also says a lot about Castillo's coaching (or lack thereof).

Also, Herremans has commented on how much he likes playing for Mudd (which is a backhanded indictment of Castillo).
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Hold on now, we need to give the same praise to Castillo as we are to Mudd right now. The defense in the past 2 games have been great. Let's not overlook that they almost shut out an offense with pretty big weapons. Maybe the D is catching on just like the o-line is.

Comment

Originally posted by iggle05 View Post
              Hold on now, we need to give the same praise to Castillo as we are to Mudd right now. The defense in the past 2 games have been great. Let's not overlook that they almost shut out an offense with pretty big weapons. Maybe the D is catching on just like the o-line is.
              They get credit for Dallas.

The Redskins are awful.

Comment

Working...
              X