Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These no good bastards in Washington want to screw with the Super Bowl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These no good bastards in Washington want to screw with the Super Bowl!

Now the shit is really going to hit the fan fellas. There won't be any State of the Union Address if they don't get the budget passed because the Federal Government Agency in charge of Security is shut down and there is no money available to pay for it. OK, I can live without the bullshit speech given every year where the moon is promised. Big deal.

Now get this, they are now saying that the biggest National Security event every year happens in February which is, you guessed it the Super Bowl and it can't be held if they don't have security!!!

You can screw with people's lives, wives, hijackers and just about anything else that you can think of and get away with it but if you screw with NFL Football every one of those bastards in Washington don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting reelected!!!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Maybe Trump can sue the NFL...it worked out well the last time he did that

Comment

Just cancel the SB and we can still be the champs
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Just cancel the SB and we can still be the champs
        Better yet, let’s just send the Patriots (complete with Belecheat and Kraft) to ISIS as a sacrifice so there’s no need for security. We get to watch the SB and we rid ourselves of the cheating swine all at once! In fact we should do this even if they pass a budget before Feb 3!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Throw in the saints too to sweeten the pot.

Comment

The 3 of you crack we up-wish I had thought of those. Maybe tino can come up with a classic rant to finish the swine off. First Minnesota and now New Orleans. We seem to be creating new rivals every year. Fuck'em. They know that they got their asses kicked even if they ended up winning that game last Sunday. I think that we took a lot out of them and the Rams finish them of Sunday.

Comment

I am going to predict that the NFL will pay for all the needed airport and event security and then sue the government to get reimburse when the shut down ends. There is no way they allow their premiere billion dollar event to be impacted by anything. Especially if it comes down to simply having each owner call members of congress & the senate in their district and getting them on board with a reimbursement assurance in advance. Too much at stake for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                I am going to predict that the NFL will pay for all the needed airport and event security and then sue the government to get reimburse when the shut down ends. There is no way they allow their premiere billion dollar event to be impacted by anything. Especially if it comes down to simply having each owner call members of congress & the senate in their district and getting them on board with a reimbursement assurance in advance. Too much at stake for the league.
                I don't know if they even could Juk. You're probably talking airports, trains and all kinds of stuff, not just the stadium. I imagine that New Orleans pays for a lot of it anyway. Regardless, there's no way the game wouldn't be played one way or another. It just shows you how screwed up things are getting.

Comment

They simply have to write the check to cover the costs of the TSA agents and other security related government employees. It’s jus money at this point and there is no one better at creating it or making it than the NFL!

As for it being played, yes, it almost certaily would be played, but I wouldn’t be surprised to hear either party suggest it be postponed for security. They have shown that both sides of the aisle are willing to do whatever they can, no matter hw childish, to look like they are the ‘winner’ of this bullshit. Politics, it sucks almost as much as the cowboys do!

Comment

Working...
                  X