Putting Juan on Notice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Juan on Notice....

That's two games in a row where the D played well - especially against the run. Better tackling. Better positioning. Better anticipation. Just plain better. I've been as critical as anyone about the defense - particularly Juan's seeming inability to call a game and adjust. Two weeks in a row they've improved. I'm willing to admit I was wrong - now I just need for Juan to prove that I was in fact wrong. Keep it up and I'll post it here for the world to see and send you a handwritten note saying the same. Go ahead, prove me wrong.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

He must be getting some help.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

You weren't wrong. Putting Juan in that position is a huge part of why we are in the hole we are in to start this season. It remains to be seen if we can recover from a horrendous start.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The threat of being fired is a pretty strong motivating force.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Let's not get carried away here. Juan still sucks and our defense will cost us more games this year. The offense played great last night and took the Cowboys completely out of their game. Down 21-0 tends to demoralize pussies like Tony Romo.

Comment

I like the adjustments made on D whether suggestions are coming from Wash or Andy but two major moves.
            1. bring the LB's closer to the line & in tight.
            2. Man up the CB's on the LOS. Why they played cover 2 zone with these CB's was crazy & finally the light wentt on. Huge improvement from the 2nd half of the Buffalo game & forward. Stay the course.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
              I like the adjustments made on D whether suggestions are coming from Wash or Andy but two major moves.
              1. bring the LB's closer to the line & in tight.
              2. Man up the CB's on the LOS. Why they played cover 2 zone with these CB's was crazy & finally the light wentt on. Huge improvement from the 2nd half of the Buffalo game & forward. Stay the course.
              3. Squeeze in the DE's on running downs.

Comment

You guys may be right, he may be getting some help, but who cares as long as the problems get ironed out. I will agree with Vin that while they have played pretty well the last two games, they have also had the benefit of playing most of those games with a three score lead. That helps, a LOT. However, we were playing with a lead in earlier games this season and BLOWING IT. So there IS improvement. Just don't nominate Castillo for Asst coach of the year just yet.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  Just don't nominate Castillo for Asst coach of the year just yet.

Couldn't agree more -- that's why I want him to prove me wrong and keep this party going!!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    You guys may be right, he may be getting some help, but who cares as long as the problems get ironed out. I will agree with Vin that while they have played pretty well the last two games, they have also had the benefit of playing most of those games with a three score lead. That helps, a LOT. However, we were playing with a lead in earlier games this season and BLOWING IT. So there IS improvement. Just don't nominate Castillo for Asst coach of the year just yet.
                    hahah yes. It beats blowing a 3 score lead.

I wanna see how Juan's unit responds with 4 minutes on the clock, leading by 3 and the opponent has the ball.

Or how they respond with the Eagles down 3 and needed a stop and to put the ball back in the hands of Vick.

Would the opponent just keep pounding the ball with the run? Can we stop the run? Did we stop the run last night? Or did we take the run game away by virtue of the score?

Comment

Working...
                    X