Unimaginable tragedy (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unimaginable tragedy (OT)

Please keep Saskatchewan in your prayers.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4609554
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

What a horrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the families, the victims and the survivors.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I saw the 'head line' and the link for this heart breaking tragedy earlier this morning. When I realized they were Jr players...just kids, I couldn't bring myself to read about it.

Something like this must be simply soul crushing for the parents, family members and the whole community.

It's just not fair.

Comment

Absolutely spurr. Not sure how many realize how close communities gather around their junior team. One of my grandsons played juniors; most live with host families, don't get paid and are just hoping to refine their skills enough to go on to a high level hockey college or maybe get drafted and signed into a minor league program. Very sad day for that community and that program
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Absolutely spurr. Not sure how many realize how close communities gather around their junior team. One of my grandsons played juniors; most live with host families, don't get paid and are just hoping to refine their skills enough to go on to a high level hockey college or maybe get drafted and signed into a minor league program. Very sad day for that community and that program
          The immense pain is almost unbearable.
          Our entire province is broken right now. Our two older girls are 17 and 16 so it really hits close to home. These are friends, cousins, brothers, . . .

http://leaderpost.com/opinion/column...8-c330952ce8f6
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Sometimes it hard to even comprehend this stuff. How heartbreaking for those families.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

So Sorry!

Comment

Such a tragedy.

Comment

Just Plain Brutal!
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Such a horrible, heartbreaking tragedy. Beyond words.

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...wan-explainer/

I’m not sure how much coverage this is getting in the US, but in Canada it is all anyone can think about. There is a GoFundMe page set up for the families of the victims that has now raised close to 8 million dollars (the 4th most ever). The hockey community is really unlike any other in sports.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

To answer my own question, the Eagles are showing their support at NovaCare:

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/983770108337192961

Please keep the 15 deceased and their families in your prayers as well at the 14 that are recovering. 4 are in critical condition, 4 are in serious condition, 4 are stable and 2 have been released from hospital.
                        The semi truck driver was uninjured but please keep him and his family in your prayers as well.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                          https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...wan-explainer/

I’m not sure how much coverage this is getting in the US, but in Canada it is all anyone can think about. There is a GoFundMe page set up for the families of the victims that has now raised close to 8 million dollars (the 4th most ever). The hockey community is really unlike any other in sports.
                          Very cool spurr. You have to wonder sometimes how God let's these things happen. Keep the faith brother.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Thanks for the link rspurr. I have sisters-in-law in SK and AB and ND isn't very far so I get some news. I think it was carried throughout the US but the news cycle in this country changes so very fast coverage doesn't last long. Unfortunately a 30 minute news show gives you about 9 minutes with about 3 minutes of that being world news. Otherwise it is commercials and medical minute type stories.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X