Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers get Webber

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...had&id=1998426

Sounds like a good trade for them to me. What do you Philly guys think?

Hell yes.

More thoughtful analysis later.

Comment

I can't believe this. How did we get rid of 2 stiffs with big bad contracts for C Webb? This is great. (I liked Corliss in his role.)

I wonder if in a few years, Williamson, Skinner and KT will be the new Lang/Perry/Hornacek.
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

If the last number of years have proved anything, CWebb is one of those superstars that doesn't make people around him better. This deal gets you closer, but I would never view CWebb as the old "final piece".

That said, you did get him for nothing.
        I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Chris Webber absolutely makes people around him better. He is one of the best players in the NBA at passing out of the post. Imagine Webber in the block kicking it out to a Wide open Kyle Korver. Or Webber handing the ball to Sammy for the easy dunk when the double comes over. I don't think they'll win the championship (unless Sammy finds consistency) this year but this will definitely improve the team drastically.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

He is a great passer from the post, but he doesn't post up anymore, and that's the point. He likes to look for jumpers instead of bangin' these days.

Who the hell are Sammy and Kyle Korver? That's my other point.

Comment

Kyle Korver has finished 2nd in the 3pt shooting contest 2 years in a row (his first two years in the league) and has one of the quickest releases I've ever seen.

Samuel Dalembert is a KG clone but lack consistency so far in his career. The guy is 6'11-7'0 runs the court like a gazelle and can jump out of the gym. The knock on the guy is that he never picked up a basketball until he was 13 so his basketball intincts. He put up 14pts and 9 boards in the first half of the game yesterday. Sammy could easily wind up the as a star if he can develop better consistency.

Comment

Okay, Dalembert I've heard of, but your boy gets no props for being the runner up in the three point contest.

Comment

Korver is one of my favorite players on the Sixers. All of Iverson's career, I've been calling out for a 3 pt shooter so AI can kick it out to him after he penetrates. If you watch the Sixers enough, you'll notice that Korver is about the only person AI will give it up to on a fast break.

Also, despite not having great skill, Korver works really hard on the defensive end.
                  Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

You're not making much of a case for this kid. Plus, his first name is Kyle. Name me one guy outside of Kyle Turley that has game in any sport.

Comment

Korver has one of the fastest releases I've ever seen and can shoot the lights out.

Comment

Korver and Dalembert will soon become big stars. with CW coming to philly teams will double up on him leaving dalembert open underneath or they can run the pick and roll with korver coming off the screen for a 3 or CWebb streaking to the basket for an amazing dunk iverson will still do his thing and over the summer look for AI and CWebb to be hitting the clubs together developing a strong relationship for the next years run at the trophy.

Korver gets mad props for 2nd in the 3pt contest. next year look for him to win it. you heard it here, dont forget i aint wrong
                        What? Thats crazy! If you think my ideas and opinions are, just let me know.

Comment

Korver looks better every time I see him. He is constantly shootin the 3 ball with amazing accuracy. I think he is already 2nd place in 3s for a Sixer in a season.

Another guy that has been impressive is Iguodala. He doesn't put up a lot of points or rip down a lot of rebounds but he is balanced and is always lookin good defending. Plus, I love it when Iverson just lobs it up for Iggy to slam it on the alley-oop.
                          http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

all that is correct! i just wish that willie green couldve broken out and had a better year than this.
                            What? Thats crazy! If you think my ideas and opinions are, just let me know.

Comment

Well all that talent, but they won't make the playoffs, better luck next year.
                              Gay for Brady, any day.

Dynasty

Comment

Working...
                              X